• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

3,4-dmmc

Well its amphetamine cousin xylopropamine apparently had some bad cardiac side effects and was shelved. No idea what adding the b-keto would do.

220px-Xylopropamine.svg.png

Sounds like a horrible worthless drug. Either NE/adrenergic or very very weak.

Last edited:
This doesn't sound like something worth trying... I just noticed it on a vendor's site...

It might be straight if the two methyls were bridged ala IAP, but then again N-Methyl-IAP would probly be better than the MCAT derivative

It probably would be better due to the fact that it wouldnt produce any nasty metabolites although I cant speculate on potency/duration but I would be willing to bet it's better than Methylone. I guess we could call it Indanylone or Indadrone

Was IAP even that good? It was out for awhile and I never heard anything about it so I assumed like the other indanes that it sucked.

IAP is not the same as MDAI at all. IAP is the indane derivative MDA, meaning the oxygens of the benzodioxole are replaced with methylene groups. MDAI is conformationally restricted MDA, the alpha-methyl group bound to position six. It's a tricyclic molecule, IAP one two.

You can't possibly take something about MDAI and extend it to IAP, they're way too different for accurate predictions to be made.

Last edited:
It sounds like we are about to find out.

Nah, that's unlikely. There's no way there'll be mounds of 3,4-DMMC going around like there was with mephedrone. The UK law is too strict to allow that, and cathinones never caught on in the US because they were obviously going to be considered analogues.

More likely is that mephedrone starts being sold as an illicit drug like amphetamine, which probably won't last long term since it's much cheaper to make amphetamine or methamphetamine.

IAP is not the same as MDAI at all. IAP is the indane derivative MDA, meaning the oxygens of the benzodioxole are replaced with methylene groups. MDAI is conformationally restricted MDA, the alpha-methyl group bound to position six. It's a tricyclic molecule, IAP one two.

You can't possibly take something about MDAI and extend it to IAP, they're way too different for accurate predictions to be made.

I'm not just talking about MDAI, 2-AI was a bust as well as MDMAI, MMAI, 5-IAI, and even further, the amino-tetralins seem to suck as well. IAP was on the market back in the mid 2000's - Omega carried it along with 2-AI - and it must have been crap or we would have heard more about it.

Nah, that's unlikely. There's no way there'll be mounds of 3,4-DMMC going around like there was with mephedrone. The UK law is too strict to allow that, and cathinones never caught on in the US because they were obviously going to be considered analogues.

Are you in the states? Because mephedrone and methylone are everywhere - and the latter has been since the mid 2000's...

3,4-DMMC is being offered by a major bulk chemical supplier in Germany and is being called M2 so I think we will see it much more than is expected. It is also being sold as a bath salt on a certain site that tailors to the UK. These vendors have proven that they don't give a shit on the cathinone ban, they'll sell it and say it is legal and then dump the responsibility on the consumer.

I personally think there is a future in aminotetralins

and, some people such as myself, like non-neurotoxic empathogen/entactogens

magickalkat you think it could be a nice chemical this 3,4-dmmc?

Honestly I don't. It certainly isn't meph, I doubt it would even live up to methylone, but based on structure it will probably have a rather high cardiotoxicity. Potentially worse than mephedrone's even.

I personally think there is a future in aminotetralins

and, some people such as myself, like non-neurotoxic empathogen/entactogens

I don't like them if they're boring. Neurons repair themselves... I don't think people really get the fact that very few drugs cause irreparable damage in the doses used recreationally.