View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2nd DXM trip!?

jewphin434

Greenlighter
Last night i did DXM for the first time and it was really nice. I THINK i only got to a high end 1st plateau. There was a moment when i felt it REALLY hard but that was maybe for a minute or two. I did 80 ml at first but after an hour into the trip i felt it wasn't enough and took another 38-40 ml. In all it was about 116-118 ml. Well the question is, should/can I do it again? I have 20 gel caps (it says 15 mg DXM HBr) so would that be 300 mg in total?..right?? According to my research that should get me to a upper 2nd plateau which is where i want to be. However, I have read about people getting much greater effects when they did the SAME dose two days in a row. Should I just do all of them? Or most and see how i feel and go from there? in all honesty I'm probably going to do them regardless because I don't want them sitting around and because I'm just that bored =D its just a matter of doing the right amount and doing it correctly.

Last edited:
We need to know the dose you took the first day, the amount of ML doesn't really tell us anything if you don't say the ratio of mg to mL.

However, consider yourself lucky for liking your trip, i would advise to tread carefully, 300mg is ALOT of DXM, and trip experiences change, not to completely sway you one way or the other, but just so you understand what your dealing with.

The "right" mentality (if there is such a thing) going into a DXM trip (from my experiences with it) would seem to be "ok, this will be an intense trip that might leave me a little out of it but could also be an introspective time in which i could learn something about myself" or something similar.
Definitely NOT "oh dude i'm f***** bored might as well down some good ol' Robotussin!"

Just my thoughts.

(**** NOTE: Make sure you have products that have ONLY DXM in them and NOTHING ELSE WHATSOEVER - [just means that on the label that says "Active Ingredients" it lists DXM and that's it- most common thing to watch out for is guaifenesin, acetaminophen, and/or phenlyephrine.] ******)

He took 260 mg of DXM his first trip, I was answering his questions on his first forum. He took 118 milliliters of Robitussin Long-Acting Cough Syrup, which is around 260 mg. From the effects he described it sounded like he was in mid/medium second plateau. 300 mg would be a nice safe increase. Like I said before, make sure your setting is good and your mind set is great, as DXM is a mood amplifier. The gel caps are better for tripping, slightly less nausea. As for second day dosage, this is most likely a rumor, as tolerance goes up with DXM very quickly. Make sure you space your recreational use of DXM of out over weeks. 2 days in a row may be fine, but don't use it any more for a while. Have a happy safe trip! Please PM me if you have any more questions about DXM. =D