• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction 2methylap237: a WARNING

There are reports of different batches of this compound being wildly different potency and quality. As well there are reports going back months that it has given people organ damage, hospitalizations, and other very serious side effects in standard sized oral dosages.

In addition to this, it is speculated that this is the compound which contributed to the OD of our dear recently departed friend on BL.

Avoid this compound at all costs right now, and if you are to use it, start small, and titrate!! Please be careful.

Love you all,

deficiT

Last edited:
2methyl-ap237 in its own is pretty lame compared to other low potency opioids, mt-45 was really good, sad that it disappeared somehow.
YMMV I guess. Of course, maybe it's because I am so old that I got to try dextromoramide, dipipanone, cyclimorph and other now banned opioids.

I liked U-47700 the most. It gives a great rush, a great high & it's fairly safe. OK eyeballing something 7.5x M isn't ideal, but people who mess with fentanyl powder... must be MAD.

I would really like to read any reports on Azaprocin or even p-NO2 azaprocin. You will notice that the amide function of these examples is shorter even though potency is much higher. Another example of the magic number 15. Quite an amazing design - only 2 rotatable bonds.

My Long Term Boyfriend, Christopher Boris Farley, Died From Most Likely This Stuff. He Said It Tasted Like Cinnamon And Was Very High Already On Half The Bag. I Told Him To Save The Rest Till The Next Day, But He Didn't, And The Rest Is History. I Still Do Heroin, Snorted, Though, When I Can.

If memory serves, azaprocin was actually developed first and then another Italian team tried adding a 2-methyl and a 2R,6S-dimethyl (in place of the ethylene bridge.

Now, the Chinese do not seem to be all that conversant with chiral syntheses and so I wonder if the 6R impurity found it's way into the product. I mean, 2-methyl AP237 IS chiral but the DEA reports do not mention optical activity. SO AP237 is ⅓ morphine in potency, AP238 is ≈ morphine in potency, so their is every possibility that what the Chinese produced was actually a mixture of 3 isomers? Who knows what the activity and toxicity of the trans isomer is. It isn't mentioned in any papers and patents.

They say the Chinese use ap-237 in pain treatment which is kind of crap. Duration too short, too weak a mu agonist for proper pain management. But they also use such super agonists as dihydroetorphine for heroin addicts. Methadone works perfectly so why use such a potent compound. Well big pharma makes nonsense over here still too so I don’t wonder.

I don't understand the appeal of designer opioids especially when things like kratom and simple poppy seeds are available. I tried an experiment a year or so ago and bought a 3.99 bag of unwashed poopy seeds, put about 1/4 tsp of poppy seeds in a mortar with vinegar, ashes, and some tobacco, mashed it up and let it sit for a day or so. I threw the rest of the poppy seeds in the backyard along with CA poppy seeds but nothing ever sprouted. If the poppy seeds ever sprout I'll probably uproot them even though the lure of homemade laundenum is definitely there. I smoked the poppy seed mash and it definitely felt like there was opium, morphine, and probably some type of heroin feel to it. I'm not interested in repeating because frankly I used ibuprofen and Tylenol for years all because the feeling of pain going away that I didn't even know I had was so euphoric. My end of life choice would be a shot of brandy and a cigarette though I know perfectly well that's not my choice to make. I tried bombing little bags of kratom and got the kratom hangover but they generally sell kratom in large bottles out here, which I can't have around me because my brain tells me that even though I don't need it I like to do drugs so why not?

This annoys me because it seems like people are judging this drug based on a bad synth or by people who abuse it (and I admit; it's easily abusable). I read a report of a guy using 1-2g PER DAY for several months. He got a liver and kidney check and they were completely normal. From what I gather, it seems to me that the only people having issues with this stuff were the people abusing it (smoking HCL salt, injecting, snorting, boofing).
Personally, I used 17g in total over a couple months. I had no issues at all other than serious addiction and rapid tolerance gain. 90% of the time I used orally, 10% snorted.

Now, maybe this stuff really is bad, but for me it was just kind of acidic like lemon juice. There was no solvent left in mine and it smelled slightly like American cheese. It was caustic when snorted, but not to a degree any more than lemon juice. Mixed into a tiny amount of plain water and it was inert and tasteless.

It's very strange that you can find many reports like the guy above and myself and then others that said it caused temporary organ damage. Something doesn't smell right here.

its a rather bad and not exactely useful opioid. dosage without opioid tolerance is 40mg and duration around 2,5-3hours. i went up to 4x40mg in one day. its crap in my opinion. and i know some bad opioids by now. 2methyl-ap237 is around the 3 or 4 least useful opioid. w-15 takes the cake. absolute useless. yeayea paper came out that its not even a mu agonist but it is. id say science - signs of weakness when it comes to psychoactives again. they cannot steer away from it. even albert hofmann talked gibberish when it came to why he synthed the lysergamides. shulgin also, some false information in papers in an obscure journal. i can go on and on...

I just want to leave a reply that i had was just going to miss work..... id been taking odsmt, 2map, light benzo...... but i had chest pain(during covid, possibly quarantine) i think in this 1-1.5 month i went tru about 14-15g of 2map. When i got there they imeediately sat me in a wheelchair and took me to the ER. My oxygen was lower 80's plus dehydration yadda yadda. They were like holy fuck you DROVE here? you could have PASSED OUT at any time!!!!! i felt fine besides the pain idk.
Xrays....CT scans...... i ended up having pneumonia. particularly on the side i snorted with. idk if related. there was unknown organisms in my lungs. I work full time and have a wife n kid.... was taking as a maintenance drug....(terrible choice) but i was back to the rc scene for the 20th time and things are scarce.
This turned out well because i could deal with pneumonia, miss work, and detox at the same time. I called a suboxone clinic and have been on that since. its been anout a year now. Im still on a maintenance inhaler. i have the albuterol but i dont really need it.

Reddit is literally scammers n feds. i found a site that the general consensus would ship, but they didnt give a shit about their customers n had drama.... i didnt care. I read all about the toxicity... didnt give a shit. whelp. there went me learning the hard way like always,
Im from the rc scene back in legalhighguides days and people were trustworthy. and sent samples to prove legitimacy. lab tests. Labelled contents upon opening package.... etc..

Things sure are different. :) I just felt like saying its not worth to try 2map.
I SHOULD ALSO POINT OUT I HAD 0 EUPHONRIA THE WHOLE TIME IDK WHY I KEPT DOING IT. IT MADE ME FEEL OK AFTER I HAD DONE IT ENOUGH. Lolloolololol

I’m so mad at this substance for this issue. Although that isn’t rational, I know.

There are so many garbage drugs out there, and people will literally try fucking anything in any way if it has any chance to provide that escape they’re seeking. This community has a million examples of it. It’s incredibly depressing watching some of you guys, and trying to be an assist in far too heavy or bizarre compounds and combinations of things. This is proud work, but it pulls a weight on my heart. A lot of us are going to die. No doom or gloom here, it’s the absolute truth.

I am incredibly relieved at the thought of the war on drugs coming to a close in Canada. There are so many successful pushes for decrim, harm reduction, safer supply, safe injection / smoking sites, etc, that I predict most things will be decrim by the next decade. And then relayed to a controlled liquor store type system which is the status quo for alcohol and marijuana here.

I bet all of the main drags in drug use being widely available and legal would eliminate a lot of this ridiculous RC sourcing for this weird shit garbage that’s going around. I’m mildly interested in a couple of the tried and true cathinones, but also at a point in my life where hard drug use is appealing less and less.

Yeah - but we don't know if these AP238 ODs are due to traditional causes or toxicity of product.

I keep on posting to 'novel opioids' and I can assure you that consideration IS given to poor production and impurities.

I mean, I can hardly post my A-list, but people can have what is SAFE for free.

Any recommendation's as I see this has become available overhere just now.

Post a warning on a Dutch Forum?

What specifically is dangerous about this chemical, anyone that can explain in layman terms?

can you elaborate on this at all?

Even medicines contain tiny amounts of impurities but these are always tested to ensure that they pose no risk. An example I can think of is sertraline. A tiny amount of deschlorosertraline (referred to as impurity A) is commonly present as a side-product BUT it was identified and it's toxicity checked.

But when RCs are made, nobody really optimizes the synthesis, identifies impurities and checks that they don't pose a danger to the user.