View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2cn

illusion25

Bluelighter
anyone have any experence with this compund?
there is no big and dandy thread....and i might be interested in this compound

Sounds pretty interesting, but I need more reports before I try it with the extremity of the reported side effects. :(

Mr. morninggloryseed has exprience, and is the only person I know who does. I'm sure other reports exist, somewhere. Maybe.

The only interesting thing about it is the bright orange colour (psychedelic sherbert!) - the side effects seem too severe to be something I'd be really interested in

Wait....is the bright orange an impurity or is that the actual color of pure 2CN? Did MGS get his sample analyzed?

No it's the proper colour - nitro groups do that to organic compounds ; 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine produces wonderfully coloured adduct compounds with ketones/aldehydes. Most of the azo dyes are produced from nitrated aromatic compounds

I did share it with two other BLers...I don't know if they intend to report but neither reported anything as profound as what I experienced. But also, neither reported the side-effects. For all I know, the side effects may have been a fluke but with so many other psychedelics available I just would not ever risk going through something like that. I've passed on DON for that reason as well.

Yes, it has been independently analyzed and is very clean. I'd love to see all of the different salts of 2C-N. I have the hcl which is orange, and the nitrate salt is yellow. I wonder what color the sulfate is.

SWIM has always wanted to test this one. From the few comments i've read about 2c-n indicate it:

"has physical euphoria, a stretching tendency, pleasant tinglings of the skin, and a persistent push on the body, which lasts until the end of the trip"
"giggly, good humoured with a strong mood lift like MDMA. The body load is much bigger than the other 2C-Xs but not at all unpleasant or alarming"
"visual effects at 70mg, and better at 120mg, the colours and patterns similar to 2C-B. "
"tasted this material in the last weeks and found it mighty interesting! Had a great time, the power of this substance should not be underestimated!"
"at 120mg SWIM did had profound effect on the mind which resulted in a marvelous +++ experience."
"The effects start to peak from 1 --> 2 hours, and start to wear off to be largely gone in 3 to 4 hours, depending on dose. "

Last edited:
ehh it doesnt sound impressive...i was just wondering.

i always enjoy your trip reports morninggloryseed btw..

i am going to expeirment with 2ct2 someime soon.
i hear about the body load but i also hear visuals are impressive.
i usually can handle body loads from psychedelics...and if not i dont mind purging....sometimes if feels great to throw up whlie peaking....

chemical messiah said:
SWIM has always wanted to test this one. From the few comments i've read about 2c-n indicate it:
"has physical euphoria, a stretching tendency, pleasant tinglings of the skin, and a persistent push on the body, which lasts until the end of the trip"
"giggly, good humoured with a strong mood lift like MDMA. The body load is much bigger than the other 2C-Xs but not at all unpleasant or alarming"
"visual effects at 70mg, and better at 120mg, the colours and patterns similar to 2C-B. "

I'm with MGS on this one, the SWIM acronym is outdated, everyone knows what it means, so I find its use ludicrous.

its not like any of use drugs...this is just an online forum where we make up stories and role play right??

Notable thing is that 2C-N is a 5-HT2 antagonist as opposed to the halogenated 2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamines and their DOx counterparts.

Zagenth said:
I'm with MGS on this one, the SWIM acronym is outdated, everyone knows what it means, so I find its use ludicrous.

Ugh, I was visiting another forum, and EVERYONE would begin every sentence with SWIM. It's so fucking annoying, and it's very clearly them, as everyone knows.

I've seen Le Junk post there, he knows what i'm talking about ;).

astenu said:
Notable thing is that 2C-N is a 5-HT2 antagonist as opposed to the halogenated 2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamines and their DOx counterparts.
where did you see that?

astenu said:

Can you find an abstract for us geeks?? That little fact is very interesting to me and I have never seen anything to that extent.