View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2ci Overdose

rayofblue

Greenlighter
Hey guys, swim was just wondering if anyone had had any experiences with od'ing on 2ci.

Around 2 months ago swim took what was apparently 25mg of 2ci (though im 100% sure it was probably around double this as swim has had experiences with 20mg before and it was relatively mild) and ended up tripping so badly he could not see anything except visuals. After a while he got on a tube and started panicing because in the reflection of the window he thought he saw himself bleeding from the neck, eventually he went to hospital where he was convinced he was dying for the roughly 5/6 hours until he sobered up slightly (saying sobered up is not really correct, the visuals were still like 5 or so acid tabs).
After this first experience in the hospital swim went home and smoked a joint with his friend, this caused strange tingling sensations in the hands and arms which then led the face and eventually swim starting having a seizure. His friend called the ambulance and he was in hospital for another 12 hours where he was given a high dosage of valium to calm him down. He woke up roughly 30 hours after he had initially taken the 2ci with mild visuals and was dismissed from hospital.

Since then swim has had mild anxiety relating to this experience, and has nearly been on the verge of panic attacks 3 or 4 times and Swim has taken no drugs other than alcohol and cannabis and has gone pretty much back to normal.

However last week swim sat down and smoked a spliff with his friend and started feeling the tingling sensations in his arms and face again, this eventually led to his hands seizing up, but he managed to relax himself and it went away. He is going to the doctor on friday to make sure everything is ok.

Swim has check the internet and found http://www.blackpoppy.org.uk/OD_OVERDOSEcomplete.htm#seizures which has been very informative.

Swim was wondering whether anyone has ever experienced 2c related seizures/over doses (or any psychedelic/stimulant related seizures) in the past.

Any information at all would be helpful.

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:
First off, we don't SWIM here, we know it's you.

2c-I is a powerful psychostimulant, it can cause seizures if you take high doses in stimulating environments but it should not do any real damage 24-48 hours after the fact. Some people do report lingering after-effects but they are mostly psychological and are harmless things like getting more visual distortion when you smoke weed.

This sort of situation (big dose of psychedelic leading to panic attacks etc) is a fairly common scenario I'm afraid. Only time and personal acceptance of the events will lead to resolution.

To be honest the most damage you would suffer from a 2c-* induced seizure would be if you hit your head on something, or broke a bone flailing around. People have taken hundreds of milligrams before, and while effects may seem to persist for a few weeks at that level, there should be no major aftermath.

Good on you for seeing a doctor. Most people don't, after a psychedelic crisis, and it leads to problems being a lot harder to diagnose. If he says you're fine, you should be fine. I would avoid getting on any sort of medication (especially benzodiazepines) for your panic attacks as they can be habit-forming, and the drugs that treat them are nastier than 2c-I. Weigh your doses next time and you should have a better time :)

Last edited:
ah fair enough about the swim thing, that's going to make it a lot easier to write things up in future!

Thanks a lot for that though man. I've been debating whether to go to the doctor mainly just because ive been worrying thinking that i could have done some damage to myself (due to the slight stimulant nature of 2ci more than the psychedelic nature).

Do you have any thoughts on my hands seizing up 2 months after the experience? Can seizures persist after an episode like this? To me it seemed like the weed brought back a sort of physical flashback, and this was odd considering i've been smoking weed pretty much constantly since the event (even the morning after) and have had no problems.

EDIT: Also thanks a lot for the quick reply, its really put my mind at ease :)

to be honest the hand seizing up sounds like one of the effects of a proper panic attack. it occurs because of too much CO2 in the blood stream normally as a result of hyperventilating. it's common and not something to be too bothered about but panic attacks are damn scary though especially if you've never had one before.

the worry that you've done something to yourself won't help as it leads to a downward spiral, it's almost certain you haven't though of course there's no harm in seeing a doctor about it anyway, even if it's just to get the reassurance you're fine.

The other things I know that can be mistaken for seizures is a vasovagal response which is sometimes evoked in stressful situations, or a "head rush"/sudden fall in blood pressure. The former is evoked in stressful situations, the latter is uaully a side effect of cannabis, but both can result in a loss of blood pressure in the brain, leading to loss of conciousness & recovery after you hit the ground. When your brain loses blood flow things get erratic and it can be easily mistaken for a seizure. Neither are a cause for concern unless they happen with regularity.

iv tookin 60mg of pure 2ci excellent quality with no tolerance and was fine, iv seen others dose 45mg and 45mg again later and was fine aswel, you should def get a scale and double check multiple times. iv hyperventilated on 2ce heavyily and was pretty bad due to my setting, if it was 2 months ago you should be fine i waited a month. iv heard breathing into a brown sack and breathing it back in when you start to breath heavy/panic will cure it

yeah i've read other places about the hand seizing up being a symptom of panic attacks, it just made me panic because it was almost identical to what i felt before i had the seizure.

To be honest the whole time i've just been telling myself i'm fine and theres nothing to worry about and literally the day before the hand thing happened i thought i was ready to maybe take a small amount of mdma again or something minor, not quite ready for psychedelics yet. I just started worrying again for obvious reasons, but seeing these messages has really relaxed me and i feel pretty much normal again. It's amazing what some reassurance can do instead of being trapped with your own paranoia.

In regard to the dosage, i've read today lots of trip reports of 50mg+ and it seems like it was possibly even higher. I'll have to check with my dealer (whos actually very trustworthy as i've known him and been on good terms with him since i was at school) because all he told us it was 25mg of some "really pure stuff" and we were the first to try it. How does the purity tend to vary with 2ci? Because when i took a 20mg dose off the same dealer i experienced some mild visuals similar to maybe one medium strength acid tab but without most of the mental side, almost pure visuals and this trip was at least 20x as intense if not more (however this could have been due to surroundings e.g. being in hospital, having doctors sticking things in you when you have no idea whats going on and when i was in hospital i was alone as the person i took it with was in another hospital bed but he had no physical problems they just put him there to keep him out of harms way whilst he was tripping).

Last edited:
either your dealer is lying to you or made an honest mistake. even 100.0% pure 2ci at 25mg will not cause those kinds of reactions. and purity of 2c-x does not really vary unless someone is deliberately cutting it. all samples of 2c-i in the wild should be at least 90% purity (just guessing though)

this is turning into a "what did i take" thread, but it's entirely possible your dealer is passing off 2c-p or 2c-e as 2c-i since the latter is much more well-known on the streets. 2c-p has an extremely steep dose-response curve, and 25mg is WELL into overdose territory for it.

either your dealer is lying to you or made an honest mistake. even 100.0% pure 2ci at 25mg will not cause those kinds of reactions. and purity of 2c-x does not really vary unless someone is deliberately cutting it. all samples of 2c-i in the wild should be at least 90% purity (just guessing though)

this is turning into a "what did i take" thread, but it's entirely possible your dealer is passing off 2c-p or 2c-e as 2c-i since the latter is much more well-known on the streets. 2c-p has an extremely steep dose-response curve, and 25mg is WELL into overdose territory for it.

/\right on the money/\ sounds like 2ce or 2cp to me

hmm interesting, if anyones had any experience with the type of visuals those 2 produce that could help, because when i came out of hospital it was a lot easier to analyse the visuals, they were very square, made everything look like a sort of computer game, trees were extremely angular and the outlines of items seemed to be very faint (id compare it to say if you drew a picture using only coloured pencils without any black outlines on anything). Also everything seemed to glint in the corner of these cubic visuals, making it look like there were flashes of light everywhere (bearing in mind this was at the mild end of the trip, i can't remember much of the intense side).

Another thing was my nerves were extremely on edge, i found it difficult to talk when i got excited because my mouth would sort of buzz shut. I had to take deep breathes to actually make any sense. I dont know whether this was just my reaction to the drug or whether it was a precursor to the seizure.

EDIT: also my friend who took the drug with me who is usually slightly less comfortable with psychedelics than me didn't od, he just had a very intense trip but waited it out without having to be treated.

It could have easily been another 2c if i'm honest, i'll have to ask him whether he knows if there source he got it from was reliable (if it wasn't just off the internet).

Last edited:
sorry, subjective descriptions of visuals are going to vary too much from person to person, so we can't use those to actually distinguish between different members of the 2c-x family.

i'd ask him if there's been any other negative reactions, or perhaps ask for a lower dose next time. the 2c-x are not a toy and it's imperative each person find his correct sweet spot, because there can be a huge difference for different people.

was it in a gelatin capsule?

The first time I did 2ciand 2ce I combined.

The intial comeup was blinding. It was supposed to be normal doses. Taken at different times so I tripped about 30 hours of varying intensity. Felt like I was falling apart the ENTIRE time. Until the last 4 tabs I ate (I ate 4 earlier when I was coming up and didn't feel shit) kicked in and visuals got cuter and life was more bearable.

least enjoyable trip of my life. Just falling apart the entire time. that sensation

hmm interesting, if anyones had any experience with the type of visuals those 2 produce that could help, because when i came out of hospital it was a lot easier to analyse the visuals, they were very square, made everything look like a sort of computer game, trees were extremely angular and the outlines of items seemed to be very faint (id compare it to say if you drew a picture using only coloured pencils without any black outlines on anything). Also everything seemed to glint in the corner of these cubic visuals, making it look like there were flashes of light everywhere (bearing in mind this was at the mild end of the trip, i can't remember much of the intense side).

Another thing was my nerves were extremely on edge, i found it difficult to talk when i got excited because my mouth would sort of buzz shut. I had to take deep breathes to actually make any sense. I dont know whether this was just my reaction to the drug or whether it was a precursor to the seizure.

EDIT: also my friend who took the drug with me who is usually slightly less comfortable with psychedelics than me didn't od, he just had a very intense trip but waited it out without having to be treated.

It could have easily been another 2c if i'm honest, i'll have to ask him whether he knows if there source he got it from was reliable (if it wasn't just off the internet).

As greenmeanies Already said, the effects of psychedelics are subjective, that said, I, myself have found 2CI to be "square" and "Cubic" in it´s "visual style". And I have also had friends who have commented this.

I don´t think it necessarily has to have been another 2C. When I take 2CI I always take 15 or 20 mg. One time I took 25-30 mg, via liquid dosing. And that was one HUGE step more visual than 20 mg.

I´m guessing the person who weighed these capsules was being sloppy. If they were sloppely measured out, it´s also very likely you got, maybe, 5 mg more than your friend. Which can make a big difference.

in the future, know your source, know your dose, be safe :)

Last edited:
This type of reaction doesn't sound far off or really what an OD is in the sense of life threatening unless dehydration, etc. played a big roll. Having a period of anxiety in the middle of stimulant psychedelics, or even the run of the mill psychedelics can induce seizures (I may be slightly off on my medical terminology, but seizures like those produced from a vasovagol response). dehydration, low glucose levels, anxiety, etc can produce such effects. I've had my legs spontaneously begin to have tremors before on 2c-i, but never got to the point of me seizing.

50mg 2ci is way too huge of a dose unless dealer is cutting it to be an asshole.

25mg is about perfect dose, less and you dont get the huge trails effect, more and it is just too stimulating, gets uncomfortable could be dangerous to heart. Stick with 25mg as the sweet spot. More if it is not cut is just too too much IMO. By far most 2CI direct from vendor is going to be close to totally pure. Only dishonest dealers are going to cut it to line their pockets and rip you off.

Your most likely correct in saying this, I would just like to add though that it is completely conceivable of someone having these kinds of visuals of 25 mgs of 2ci, as must of know in the research chemical world, your mileage really may vary.

Not saying that OP is anything like this, but I have seen 120 pound females take 17-20~ mgs of 2ci and have pretty bad shakes, so maybe OP is just highly sensitive to higher doses of 2ci, or maybe the 2ci he was getting before hand was not completely pure.

I am not in anyway saying what everyone else here is right, I just thought I chime in a few very unlikely theories.

Last week I took 60 tabs. Each with a min of 10mg... at least 600mg total. It was in a self-destructive alcohol blackout. But to the point of the post; there was no physical side effects. Needless to say, however, my head was a little funky. I came to in shackles in the hospital. I was downtown and some nice people found me under a car and kept me warm in their car until the ambulance arrived. Here I will go ahead and repeat, there was no physical side effects. It was only because I was bonkers. Needless to say I took the next couple days off, and after that I feel tip-top.

I'm only posting to share what is, of course, an uncommon story. And that no, I did not overdose, though I would not recommend doing that, nor condone usage of anything.

Spare any lecture, and just appreciate that I'm sharing.

600mg?? Jesus Christ... I would have guessed that would kill someone. Are you positive it was that much? Who has 60mg caps of 2C-I laying around? 60mg is an extremely high dose as well, I would never take that much, half of that is the most I would take, and I have a pretty big perma-tolerance for psychedelics (though not much short-term tolerance).

That was not a lecture by the way, I was just expressing incredulity and trying to gather information.

^ You misread his post, he said they were 10mg each, not 60. But I find it hard to understand how somebody could choke down 60 pills all at once....6 I could believe, which would make a dose of 60mg, which would be intense but survivable. But 600mg? Congratulations on not dying, I guess?