View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-x and Methylone (or MDMA)?

Magnemite

Bluelighter
I'm considering picking up a 2C-x (haven't decided which yet).

Obviously I'm going to try it by itself first, but I was wondering if there is any known or obvious issue with taking a 2C and Methylone together. Maybe take the 2C, then a few hours in, take the Methylone, or maybe even MDMA.

p.s. Is there any tolerance with the 2Cs? i.e. Would I be okay using them 2 weekends in a row?

I think this would probably be better suited for the Psychedelic Discussion board. I reported this thread so that will send a message to the moderators and if they think it'll be more appropriate there, they'll move it for you.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, I don't have enough experience with these RC's to be able to constructively comment.

Yeah, this would do much better in PD.

Overall, you can do a 2c-_ once a week and still have decent effects. Whether you will like using it that often is up to you.

I would not use it on the same day as using MDMA or bk-MDMA. Read up on 2c-T-7 and the interactions it has with MDMA. Quite interesting stuff.

-> PD

2c's generally slightly potentiate MDMA a bit (and vice versa), as they are psychedelic stimulants.

2C-T-7 is not safe to take with MDMA as it is a MAOI and the combo may cause serotonin syndrome.

Generally other 2C's which probably don't cause serotonin release and have no MAO inhibitor properties are safe to take with MDMA (in the same way LSD & MDMA are safe together), other than the usual risks like blood pressure / heart rate increase during the experience leading to cardiac arrest in susceptible individuals, overheating in a particularly strenuous environment or becoming extremely anxious after not agreeing with the effects of the substance.

^I haven't heard about bad interactions with that one but I'm sure C.H is right, when you see "research chemical" that is your sign to READ READ READ! (I think T-7 can/has killed people all on it's own? Not somethin I'd be rushing to mix with other drugs!)

Step 1= Hit the erowid experience vault in the advanced search part and put in the two chems you are interested in combining and see what people have done. I'm pretty sure I've actually heard some positive things about 2c-e + mdma, but ya never know, RC's are somewhat uncharted territory, but not nearly as much so as all their potential combos. READ READ READ! Just be very careful with any new combo you try, and try to read MULTIPLE accounts of it working well for others before even considering yourself. You don't wanna become an internet warning about a bad combo like it seems some unfortunate psychonauts may have with the above mentioned T7 combo =\

I combined 2c-b with methylone on New Year and I really liked it.

It felt like the methylone boosted the effects of the 2c-b and gave it an even more happy feeling that usual.

Dosage were 10mg 2c-b snorted, follow by 10mg oral 1 hour later. I probably snorted about 400-500mg of methylone in small lines during the entire evening.

I've heard good things about 2c-e and/or 2c-i and MDMA. Never tried it myself but I'd like to.

As for tolerance, I find visuals decline slowly with repeated use with a couple days or less in between. The headspace of the peak will be dampened unless you give it a good 5-7 days, although as long as you give it at least 3 days or so the tolerance won't be extremely dramatic. I've never cared to take 2Cs enough days in a row to get to a point where my usual dose wasn't still a strong several hour +3 experience, but repeated use makes the peak much less intense. Overall, I would recommend a waiting period that scales by intended dose. If you are taking low-ish dose for an enjoyable stimulating body high with slight trippy elements, you can get away with more frequent dosing and still attain the desired effects (how safe you decide frequent dosing of an RC, even a seemingly quite benign one like 2c-e, is up to you). If you are taking 20+mg to experience an intense trip, I recommend waiting at least 4 days and ideally 7+. By the two week mark at the latest, I'd say any tolerance/receptor downregulation should be pretty much gone, although some people find subjectively that longer waits make the trip seem more 'special'.

So: if you go on a 2C bender, don't expect the latter nights to be as intense, but it's doable and in my experience fairly enjoyable if you like the body high of 2Cs. As for tolerance, I believe the only tolerance effect going on is 5HT2a receptor downregulation - basically, your brain tuning down its sensitivity temporarily due to prolonged heavy stimulation - which most people seem to experience with virtually all serotonergic psychedelics.

2c-i+MDMA=badass. I've tried 2c-e+M1+MDAI and it was markedly less synergistic, though I'm not sure why. I have a suspicion that the MDAI might have clogged up most of my 5ht receptors thus blocking the 2c-e, but that's largely unsupported speculation. I would imagine M1+2c-e would be pretty cool, but I haven't tried it personally. The only interactions i would worry about would be 2c-t-x (especially 2 or 7) and a serotonin releaser like MDMA or M1. That would be best to avoid, as an MAO inhibitor+monamine releaser=no good.

ive enjoyed the combo of 2c-i and methylone. I'd eat 25mg 2c-i, wait 2 hours, bomb 200mg methylone. never had any problems. in fact, i felt like being on 2c-i made the methylone comedown nonexistant.

off-topic:
isn't it still merely postulated that 2ct7 inhibits MAO? Regardless, its greater toxicity remains.