View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-T-2 subthread] - Comparisons to Other Substances

Morninggloryseed

Bluelight Crew
2C-T-2 is still more consistant than 2C-T-4 or 2C-T-7 in its effects. I've never tried any others in the family to comment on them. The whole Aleph/2C-T (a phenethylamine with a sulfur atom at the 4-position) family in fact (especially the Alephs) seem to be erratic in both dosage, effects, and degree of nausea produced.

But I'd say T2 is one of the more consistant ones based on the reading I've done and from personal experience. Something about sulfur I guess that makes these chemicals inconsistant and erratic.

I'll also add though that most psychedelics (even LSD) make me nauseous to a degree at some point in the trip, I prolly have a sensitive stomach. But then again everyone I've given T2 to has also puked their guts out.

I'm just surprised you consider 20 mg 'mild'. 20 mg for me is just the right intensity and will give me a full +3. 30 mg was WAY too much for me to be productive. I was tripping too hard to get anything useful from the experience. And from reading all the reports I have, I'd say that is true for most individuals who use 2C-T-2.

I just don't like T2 though. It just doesn't click with me and is not worth the vomiting I must contend with to use it. Even with small doses (like 16 mg) I puked hardcore.

I didn't really care too much for 2C-T-4 either but having only tried it once I can't pretend to know all of what the drug is capable if doing. Plus I took way too much (18 mg). If I try T4 again it will be at 10 to 12 mg. T4 is a potent molecule. 2C-T-7 will always be my favorite though. :)

2C-T-7 is a god-send (to me.) Love that stuff.

2C-T-2 is my least favorite psychedelic next to 5-MeO-DiPT. I can never seem to connect in anyway to the trip. It's (except my 1st time) never been insightful or enjoyable and the body-load is horrific. Not to mention the vomiting. T2 is a dud in my book.

Considering snorting 2C-T-7 may have contributed to at least 2 deaths, I highly recommend you not be an idiot and eat the 2C-T-2. The side-effects will be much less severe if you eat it. If you snort it, expect to be hanging over the toilet in 5 minutes.

Breaks my heart that people like your dumb-ass friend hand experimental chemicals out to people that have no idea what they are. I commend you for being smart and looking first. That guy deserves to be lashed and then raped in Saddam Hussein's torture chambers.

Last edited:
morninggloryseed said:
2C-T-2 is my least favorite psychedelic next to 5-MeO-DiPT.

Ahh...but how experienced are you with least favorite psychedelics? Have you tried 5-meo-det yet?

That guy deserves to be lashed and then raped in Saddam Hussein's torture chambers.

Nah...he just needs someone to give him some 5-meo-det and say "here try this shit its cool..." ;)

>Ahh...but how experienced are you with least favorite psychedelics? Have you tried 5-meo-det yet?

I have tried 5-MeO-DiPT three times at 11 mg, 6 mg, and 8 mg. I never cared for it. 6 mg was ok, but even at that dose the body-load was annoying.

I have tried 2C-T-2 four times at 20 mg, 30 mg, 16 mg, and 22 mg. I only liked it the first time. Subsequent experiences have not brought me any real positive benifits. I do not plan on using it again.

I do plan on trying 5-MeO-DET just to 'see for myself.' I will try .5 mg which is half the lowest dosage recommended by Shulgin. I hope it isn't too bad at that level. I've heard from two others that tried it who said it was not that bad. DiPT was said just to be a 'auditory distorter' in TIHKAL and I found it to be fullly psychedelic and very benificial. So who knows? Maybe 5-MeO-DET isn't so bad. I'll just have to find out for myself one day.

Aight I have a few questions to ask you guys as i have always overlooked 2ct2 in the past for some reason, but now it grabs my intrest almost as much as DOC (which i cannot get).

1. It seems nausea is a big problem with 2ct2, does weed help at all to overcome this? Will weed cloud the trip at all? Or maybe add to it?

2. How do the visuals compare to 2C-E? I have never taken any RC's before, and i have a soft spot for intense visuals regardless of the drugs other effects. It seems to me that 2ct2 is more visual but i may be wrong.

3. Whats the best way to ingest it? I will most likley take it orally, but insuffulation is not out of the question.

4. If I were to mix it with MDMA, how much should i take, in what way should I take it, and at what point in my roll would be best to take it?

5. Whats the optimal storage conditions for this chem? How stable is it?

I wouldnt insuffalte 2c-t-2 as there is a sharp increase in physical sid effects with insuffalation of the 2C's especially 2C-Ts. people have died from insuffalted doses of 2C-t-7. which is why its now controlled. The other stuff Ill leave to someone whos actually done 2c-t-2

1 - Weed definitely helps as it does with all the phens I've tried. With 2C-T-2 particularly I've found that it really increases the high as well, bringing you more into a trance-like state where you can ignore the body load and focus on the psychedelic effects. I've not found it to cloud the experience at all.

2 - Its visuals do not really compare to 2C-E's at all. 2C-T-2's visuals (for me) are colorless and consist of rapidly spinning spirals and textures layering into multiple layers and spinning like fractals. It also causes some significant object distortion, moreso than any other 2C I've tried. The kind where doorframes will melt and bend all around, as opposed to the usual rippling effect. The closed-eye visuals are also colorless but more fascinating and psychedelic. To me, they seem very closely linked with the music and the subconsciousness, and can lead one on a very information journey into the various selves. Still, the visuals do not compare to 2C-E's at all, or 2C-T-7's. 2C-E is easily the most visual substance I've taken, very colorful and fractallized in the sense that you can see infinite detail in things, and the closed-eye visuals from it are as clear as the open-eyed ones, and very immersive.

3 - Orally. Definitely, definitely orally. Rectally may be an option but I haven't tried it. In general, rectal administration decreases the body load for 2C-phenethylamines (at least for 2C-D, 2C-B, and 2C-I that I've tried it for), but I've not tried it with 2C-T-2, and you'll also need to substantially lower the dose.

4 - I wouldn't mix it with MDMA. Something tells me that would be a bad idea. I think the two would combine to create a really heavy body load that stopped just short of being pleasant. Just intuition though. if you're going to combine anyway, I'd take them far apart. Wait until the late plteau of one to take the other. If you must do one or the other, I'd recommend waiting until the late plteau of 2C-T-2 (as it is really quite comfortable by then) and then take the MDMA. But be damn careful if you do. 2C-T-2 may have some MAOI activity I believe I remember hearing.

5 - Like all phens, it's very stable. if you store it in an airtight container out of light and heat, it will keep for years. Also keeping it in a solution in the cold and dark with a bit of alcohol as a preservative will allow it to keep for a long time.

wow.

Ingested aprox 25mg, maybe more, and had a totally mindblowing night. Everything in my vision smudged, swirled and melted. Shadows and light played in my sidevision, and the closed eye fractal visuals were amazing. Really bad body load trough the whole trip though, a big "stone" in my stummic and shaky. It feeled like i had to puke all the time but i dint. At the peak i actually had some audiotory metallic distortions aswell.

I tripped really hard tonight, when I was about to lose it totally, it helped to change setting; moving to another area, like another room or out on the balcony.

Quageschi said:
1. It seems nausea is a big problem with 2ct2, does weed help at all to overcome this? Will weed cloud the trip at all? Or maybe add to it?
I never had problems with nausea when I took it by itself, nor with weed. Weed is a definite must for this drug, it took the trip to a different level, for me at least.

2. How do the visuals compare to 2C-E? I have never taken any RC's before, and i have a soft spot for intense visuals regardless of the drugs other effects. It seems to me that 2ct2 is more visual but i may be wrong.
I haven't tried 2c-e but as far as visuals go, I found that they were mostly in my mind. Not really open or closed eye, it's kind of hard to describe. When I'd look around me, everything looked normal (though there was definitely a higher perception of social cues and thoughts of others) but in my mind I was seeing some very intricate visuals.

^^ Good description of the visuals although they're not ALL in the mind. 2C-E, however, blows this out of the water visually in every single way. 2C-E blows almost everything out of the water visually.

It seems nausea is a big problem with 2ct2, does weed help at all to overcome this? Will weed cloud the trip at all? Or maybe add to it?

2C-T-2 seems to be a drug where psychological distress /discomfort expresses itself almost entirely as nausea as opposed to any other physical manifestation , as can occur with other psychedelics. I've seen one person (with quite a few psychological issues) who never got nausea from psychedelics develop severe projectile vomiting that lasted a good 3 hours. That pretty much convinced me of the above theory

2C-E blows almost everything out of the water visually.

2C-P matches 2C-E in quite a few departments & possibly surpasses it in some, but is associated with a lot of physical discomfort and lasts twice as long as 2C-E (which not everybody wants to have to put up with). Other than that, the only other phenethylamine (ie not counting psychedelic amphetamines) psychedelic that's in the same league as 2C-E is mescaline, everything else has less 'clout' as a psychedelic. That said, I've never tried 2C-T-7, but that's the only one out of the phenethyamine psychedelics that have been commonly available.

Last edited:
I'm sure its been said before but I have found that spreading out the dose over 1-2 hours prevents any nausea with 2c-t-2. Every time I have not done it and used more than 12mg I have gotten nausea to the point where it was not worth it.

To anyone who is discomforted by some of the medium to short acting psychedelics, I would greatly recommend spreading out the dose. My most rewarding trip ever was from 25mg of 2c-t-2 that I drank over the course of about an hour and a half.

[edited] and I'm really excited. I've had previous experience with 2c-i and 2c-e. I don't know what's up with it but my search for it here didn't pull up anything. I wanted people's feedback on it and other 2c-t-*'s. I'm particularly intgued by the "clarity of thought" effect and it's reported analytical edge. I've read some stuff that said that -t-2 was pretty much used as an MDMA susbtitute. Is it recreational, entheogenic, or a flop?What were peoples thoughts on the stuff? I've heard its pretty visual, can anyone compare them to 2c-e?

Last edited by a moderator:
very slow come-up... up to 2-3 hours till fully extended. comes in waves rather than permanently building. e-like euphoria along with psychedelic insight, yes, and body load, unfortunately. For me anyway.

If you have repressed/latent psychological issues they may come to the surface with this drug, but if you're not prepared to deal with them they may manifest as physical symptoms (seen people produce projectile vomiting with 2C-T-2). As for a MDMA replacement, I'd say that anyone trying ot for that reason is going to get one hell of a shock

Regarding latent/repressed psychological issues.... definitely. Though I wouldn't consider muscle stiffness and/or liver sluggishness for up to 3 days afterwards as entirely psychological in nature, but then what do I know.

I think that repressed/latent psychological issues can come to the fore with ANY psychedelic drug, hell, even with stimulants on the comedown... no drugs have ripped my closet open more than LSD and MDMA when I first started out.

Case in point - methylone. My friend says it gives him a fair bit of nausea... we have since discovered that it is 100% psychological... he basically uses it a bit more often than I think is good for him and I have started noticing that he gets the urge to retch even before having ingested the powder. The moment he's got the powder in front of him, it starts...

I would definitely not consider 2C-T-2 to be anything like an MDMA substitute. However, I did find it much more useful mentally and therapeutically than I ever found MDMA to be, when taken by myself to work through some issues. The type of issues I found it useful for were issues with various aspects of the ego, and repression. My computer is moving too slow now, but if you search Erowid for author name "Lightwarden" you can find my trip reports on it. It was a very significant drug for me and it brought me to the point where I could start feeling comfortable with tripping again.

I did not find it recreational at all, totally because of the bodyload. It feels very uncomfortable in the body, and because of this I would not take it again now that it has helped me to deal with the issues it has. The body high is about as far from MDMA as one can get. I did experience quite a bit of mental euphoria but it was the reslult of dealing with my issues moreso than anything else. t's quite visual but it doesn't hold a candle to 2C-E, IMO. The visuals involve swirling as a theme and for me were colorless, and included a lot of dramatic morphing and perspective shifting. It is quite psychedelic. Mind Manifesting is a very good way to describe its psychedelics effect. I would not say that it's entheogenic. It does not seem to bring out the divinity within, but rather seems focused on manifesting the mind. It's one of the most utile drugs I've come across. I had no luck in trying to use it for spiritual exploration - it was very focused on me as a human.

Overall, 2C-T-2 was a very important step for me in the ladder of psychedelics and my several trips on it were very significant, but I won't be using it again. It's got the second worst bodyload I've ever experienced (first was 5-MeO-AMT).

My trip reports explain what I think about 2C-T-2 much more completely than this post. One or two of them may also be in the Trip Reports archive here at Bluelight. I also described the subjective trips as completely as possible in those reports.

T7 is where it is at for me. It is in fact my favorite psychedelic. Hand me LSD or 2C-T-7 and tell me to choose....the LSD will remain sitting in who's ever hand offered it to me.

unsui said:
yeah, this t2 is nothing special at 30mg. it has been about 3-4 hours since ingestion. had very minor, if any, visuals accompanied by a slight euphoria similar to taking 120mg of hydrocodone (i have a big tolerance). was looking forward to a nice introspective trip, but oh well.

i guess i will try 30mg of t7 next time...

Well, T-2 may just not be your chemical, but you may also have gotten a cut or degraded product. 30mg should have done much more than faint visuals and a weak opiate-like high. Do you have a psychedelic tolerance built up?

I find T-7 to be much more recreational and uniformly pleasant. T-2 is the sort of thing that I have to use in the right kind of circumstances... if I'm looking for fun, it will make me feel very crappy, but if I'm trying to use it to explore myself, the crappiness is pushed aside and the chemical really goes to work in my brain. That is, I still feel physically bad, but mentally it is worth it.