• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-H + MAOi (e.g. Moclobemide)? Has anyone tried this?

Psychestim

Bluelighter
I've been thinking about mixing these for a while now and couldn't find any information about it. Has anyone tried this before? Moclobemide or other MAOi's are pretty easy to get and 2C-H can be obtained from various clearnet and darknet sources, so this seems like a pretty obvious combination.

I have no idea how safe that would be (I guess it's not really safe), but I'm really interested in giving this a go.

Edit: Perhaps you would need a different, reversible MAO inhibitor that specifically inhibits MAO B.

Last edited:
Ive used moclobemide a lot with dmt and shrooms but never found it made much difference to any other drug. Someone says phenethlamines and maoi are dangerous dunno how true that is.

Well, some phenethylamines are definitely not safe to mix with MAOi's, but I don't know if that applies to 2C-H, considering that it gets rapidly broken down by MAO enzymes before it even reaches the brain.

I don't know if it's been done specifically but doesn't sound like a very good idea unless you start from very low doses.

I wasn't even aware 2C-H was around. In general the phenethylamines are not necessarily safe to combine with MAOIs, unlike tryptamines and lysergamides. However there are some examples of doing so to good effect... mescaline is safe to combine with an MAOI, if you reduce the dosage. And in fact some cactus reportedly contains MAOIs which is speculated to be why the cactus experience is more powerful than pure mescaline of the same dosage. I am unsure how many reports exist of combining any other psychedelic phens with MAOIs, though I have to believe it's ben done.

Is 2C-H active on its own? PIHKAL makes it sound like it requires a very large dose and may not be psychedelic. It is unsubstituted 2,5-dimethoxy-PEA. As such it may even lack any psychedelic effects and be more of a simple stimulant, as ubsibstituted 2,5-dimethoxy-AMP is reported to be. That 4th position substitution is very important for the psychedelic effects. Many phenethylamines are not psychedelic at all.

If indeed it is a simple stim, then using an MAOI might be quite dangerous.

I wasn't even aware 2C-H was around.
I double checked and it seems that the clearnet source I was referring to discontinued selling it. Makes sense because it‘s scheduled in so many countries. It was available on the darknet though last time I checked.

Is 2C-H active on its own?
I doubt it because most of it gets broken down rapidly by MAO enzymes, I believe. There are basicaly no reports of an individual ingesting a decent amount of pure 2C-H, so who knows.

That‘s why I thought about using it in conjunction with an MAOi, so it could possibly enter the brain. No idea if that would work though.