Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2C-E / 80mg - Accidental OD - "That's not methylone I just took!"

Una

Greenlighter
Well I’ve danced around with research chemicals for a couple years now, and for the most part, I have been pretty responsible with them. I mean, as responsible as you can get ingesting drugs that practically no one knows anything about. However, I can’t say I’ve gotten off completely scotch free. Perhaps the biggest mistake I ever made was when I mixed up a batch of 2C-E and methylone. It has been several years since this event happened, but I want to say that it was in 2012. I had purchased a quantity of 2C-E and methylone. Both arrived in black baggies.

It was summer at the time, and I had started on the methylone pretty early. Right after work, it was still daylight. My usual dose is around 250mg. Once I start with methylone, I find it hard to resist the cravings and usually re-dose. Perhaps it would be nice to remember what I was initially doing on the methylone, but time has since faded my memory. Besides, the mistake I was about to make would completely overshadow everything about the methylone I had consumed on this particular day.

I kept both baggies of 2C-E and methylone in the same box. Coming down off my buzz I thought it would be a good idea to top up on the methylone. I pulled out the black baggie, and weighed out a dose of approximately 80mg. I put this in a rolling paper and made a bomb out of it. Down the hatch it went. I’m not really sure how long it took me to realize what I had just done, but not very long. A few minutes at most. I suppose the revelation hit me when I put the baggie back in the box. Right next to the other black baggie, the label facing me. A label that read “3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylcathinone.” In my hand, was the 2C-E. Or should I say, in my stomach.

Now at this point, I panicked. Looking back, I probably should have tried to make myself throw-up. I don’t know why I didn’t try this, but I was really freaking out. I knew I didn’t have long. So as fast as I could I threw some clothes and a toothbrush in a backpack, and booked it to my buddy’s house. He was the only friend I had that would understand what I had just done. His apartment was about two miles up the road. I drove their, again, probably a dumb idea. There was just no way was I going to go through this alone. Quite frankly I was really worried I might die and I wanted someone to be there to call the ambulance if needed and that knew what was happening. When I arrived at his apartment, 15 minutes had passed at most since I ingested the 2C-E

The problem—other than the massive dose of 2C-E I had just consumed—was that I could not have picked a worse time to show up at my friend’s house. A couple days prior, he had just had a child. So when I arrived, not only was his mom and brother there, but his girlfriend’s parents and her brother as well. I walked in and quickly asked my friend if we could step outside to smoke a cigarette. So I sat down in the grass, and quickly threw up. There was the rolling paper, not even really digested, but definitely wide open. At this point, my trip shot off like a rocket.

The grass began to swirl and move around my arms and legs. It was like I was standing in water, the grass was just flowing over my shoes. At this point my friend’s mom steps outside from the front of the apartment. She walks towards us and when she moved, it was the most extreme tracers I have ever had. I could barely make out her body. My friend has to go back inside, and I follow, making a beeline for the couch. It was a small apartment, so it was not as if there were somewhere to hide. I sat on the couch just trying to keep it together. There were like seven people in this tiny ass apartment, all moving around. Here I am, sitting on the couch, just trying to look normal, focusing on the ground, and not saying a word. Just praying I wouldn’t die. I was sweating bullets, I don’t know how no one noticed. Maybe they did.

At this point my sense of time became seriously distorted. It could not have been too long since I had made this awful mistake and arrived at my friend’s house and most of their family left. At one point it was just my friend, his girlfriend, and her brother. Oh yea, the new baby too, which was super weird. My friend and his girlfriend are cool, but I didn’t really know her brother, who was sitting next to me on the couch. At one point, I looked at the coffee table in front of me. It was supposed to have two panes of glass in it, but one was missing. For some reason this confounded me. So I turn to her brother and ask “Where did the green go in the table?” He had no idea what I was talking about, “the what?” “Yea, the green in the table.” It was hard to form a sentence and I was obviously confused.

Now I started to black out a bit, and I only remember bits and pieces. I don’t remember when the girlfriend’s brother left, but when he did it was like a weight was off my shoulders. I didn’t have to hide how scared I was. And believe me, I was still scared at this point. In between the blanks, I’m pretty sure I just sat there on the couch like a zombie, sweating bullets. I remember at one time I became really worried that I would die from overheating. So I asked for a glass of water, which my friend obliged. Except by the time he brought the glass of water to me, I would forget about it. Then I would knock it over on the floor. A couple minutes later, I’d ask for another glass of water, forget about it, and knock it on the floor. I don’t know how many times that kept happening, but it was several

Like I said, I was pretty much blacked out for most of this time, and there are only really two other things I remember. I must have moved around some during the trip, perhaps to go to the bathroom. They baby was out in the living room, a newborn only a few days old. I was immensely afraid I was going to step on it and hurt it. So I tried to stay as far away as possible. The other moment I remember was when my friend took a fan and set it right in front of my face. Now that was one of the few parts about this trip that I enjoyed. God it felt great to have that breeze. It was at this point that enough time had passed to where I was pretty sure I wasn’t going to die. The visuals were so strong when he put the fan in front of me, almost to the level of a breakthrough DMT trip. I started to relax.

Not really sure what happened before that or after that, but I awoke to find myself on their couch and it was daylight out. It was like 7:00am and everyone else was asleep. I think my body just shut the trip down or something after a while. For what had just happened to me, I felt surprisingly sober and in good spirit. I had to be at work pretty early that morning, and I wasn’t even late for work. Just another day in the life I suppose…

In retrospect I’m so glad I’m alive. I’m also glad that NBOME wasn’t really big at that time. It was a very careful mistake, and I’m lucky to have made it through and not end up in a hospital. The RCs going around now are so much more dangerous, and even less is known about them. Be safe people.