View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2c-e - 2c-p dose comparison

Apollo Matta

Bluelighter
i read on another forum that 25mg of 2c-e feels like 12mg 2c-p.
my questions is for people with experience with both these chemicals.
if my first statement is accurate (ymmv though)
2c-p is half as potent as 2c-e,
so 15mg 2c-p would be 30mg 2c-e,
but that might not be right if 2c-p's dose responsive curve is not the same as 2c-e's
so the jump from 12mg to 15mg might be 10mg of 2c-e instead of 5mg.
ive read of people taking up to 32 mg of 2c-p and still finding it bearable (even mild.. compared to 2c-e high dose),
so that would be around 60mg 2c-e
which people have taken and found very deep,
those doses are very high,
i was thinking of going as high as 40mg 2c-e this year,
but am weary about taking 20mg 2c-p.
or even 16mg for that matter.
could someone please help me figure out how steep the dose responsive curve of 2c-p is in comparison to 2c-e.

i think you mean 2c-p is twice as potent as 2c-e...

also I am NOT aware of doses 32mg of 2c-p being taken. every report of 16mg + has been horrible, and one indicated worrying physical side effects. I'm not sure where you're getting your info from... but i am skeptical

i think you mean 2c-p is twice as potent as 2c-e...

also I am NOT aware of doses 32mg of 2c-p being taken. every report of 16mg + has been horrible, and one indicated worrying physical side effects. I'm not sure where you're getting your info from... but i am skeptical

I've heard of plenty positive 16mg reports, don't let Shulgin fool you with a bad trip experience. Although it obviously isn't for the inexperienced with heroic doses of psychedelics.

2С-P dose-respnse curve is steep, so be careful going higher than 10 mg. Personally, I would add to dose no more than 2 mg each time, using liquid measurement to dose precisely. 16 mg seems to be a "mystical" point for this drug, so don't jump to 16+ mg from only12-13 mg.

From the reports 2C-P sounds less "safe" than 2C-E, when it comes to large doses.

In my experience with these two....if you enjoy 18mg's of 2c-e, do not take more than 10mg's of 2c-p. Be very careful with 2c-p as I had a terrible experience from 10mg's while I enjoyed 18mg's of 2c-e.
I would even say don't take more than 8mg's of 2c-p for your first experience but that is just my 2 cents.

I took 10mg after dosing no more than 150ug of acid 3 or 4 times (only psychedelic except salvia/weed if they count at the time). I managed okay, but it blew my socks off, I didn't rush into the experience again in a hurry, I wouldn't advise it for the inexperienced even though I had a good time.

I'd not even be that keen to try comparing them for potency. PEAs are liable to order of magnitude jumps in effect by increasing the dosage by a few milligrams, add to this that different subjects have widely varying tolerances & I think you've got a situation that suggests it would be prudent to titrate your dose whoever you are.
Just because some people can eat shedloads of psychs and and be fine & dandy doesn't mean that you can and I'm sure it's better to tiptoe in with something as potent as 2CP/E than it is to dive in the deep end, you can't really untake it can you ?

I think I just don't enjoy the trip 2cp provides but I've taken 15 mgs of 2cp and probably get a more intense/worthwhile experience from 20 mgs of 2ce. (I have never taken below 20 mgs 2ce orally)

I've taken 12 mgs 2cp with 15 mgs 2ci and didn't feel overwhelmed in the slightest, I dunno. The cevs can get fairly complex at times and it's probably a psychedelic I would make sure to take in a comfortable enviornment but I just don't find the trip all that intriguing or overwhelming when I've tried it. I do notice a vague similarity between 2cp and 2ce but I don't think it's wise to approach your dosage by thinking x amount of 2cp will be like taking x amount of 2ce.

I think the positive thing about the 2cs is the lack of headfuck compared to say acid. I felt much more myself and able to think like I would sober even while tripping complete balls. I found that more reassuring, but I do love the acid headspace.

^^That is very true. The only trade out is the body load though. The new NBO's as I'm calling them seem to fix some of these problems though.

2C-P had a hectic body load for me, I agree. I hadn't ever really experienced it before as I hadn't dosed high enough with acid to experience it. It was weird and I personally found it annoying as I was at a festival and was struggling to move out of the camp site. Although, I wonder now that I am alot more experienced with psychedelics would this be the same case.

The bodyload off 2CP was intense for me, to be honest I found myself dissociated much of the time, I didn't have a clue what was happening. Good visuals tho horrid tinnitus

To the OP - To me, it sounds like you are comparing these two drugs to each other a little too much. You can't necessarily equate one to the other in terms of dosage or effect just because they are so similar.

They are two different drugs. And different people will reach differently to both of them. So with 2C-P, no matter how you reacted to 2C-E, just start with a reasonable dose and work your way up to heroic doses. I've never tried 2C-P so I can't say what a reasonanble dose level is, but I'd say staying with PiHKALs guidelines is a good call.

At over ~18 mgs of 2C-P I felt strong tachycardia, pressure in my chest, unpleasant vasoconstriction in my limbs lasting 12 hours (drinking a few beers and a hot bath helped). Meanwhile at up to ~30mg of 2C-E I've had strong trips but nothing like the physical unpleasantness of under 20mg of 2C-P. In general I really like 2C-P (and don't find much appeal in 2C-E), but I don't expect a reality shattering experience from 2C-P and I'm careful not to push it over 12mg. I would say in terms of potency, it's the physical impact and not the mental impact that make 2C-P so difficult at high doses for many people.