• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-B Subthread] 2C-B Storage and Solubility

Bump for a hump!

I'd like it if someone just made sure I wasn't going to kill myself or someone else... I don't want to fuck these doses up!

I've found one source that lists 2-CB's density as 1.089g/mL at 25C, so ~ 1g of 2-CB + 19mL of dH2O should equal 20mL of volume or a 5% w/v solution of 2-CB in water.

If one wanted to just ensure a single dose of 2c-b (for oral dosing) to be taken immediately would fully dissolve into a shot of vodka correct? I am assuming the same would go for any 2c. Not afraid to stir for a minute or two.

Sorry, I suck at chem. You want sociological theory... I gots you though.

Frankly, I always worry about loss when transferring to caps. I have milligram scoops and a gemini-20 scale. Maybe it is the safest way though.

Last edited:
2C-B should dissolve just as well in some water, or any drink containing water. No need to add alcohol into the mix, but if you want to that's fine too (it should dissolve in both alcohol and water). Though I don't know how well the effects of 2C-B and alcohol mix, so it'd be wise if you would do a quick search on that to know what you're in for ;)

2C-B should dissolve just as well in some water, or any drink containing water. No need to add alcohol into the mix, but if you want to that's fine too (it should dissolve in both alcohol and water). Though I don't know how well the effects of 2C-B and alcohol mix, so it'd be wise if you would do a quick search on that to know what you're in for ;)

Frankly, a shot will not do much. I basically drink through out the entire experience slowly as do my tripping friends. We have been doing this for 10+ years. Not getting drunk or anything but a few beers throughout the evening.

I'd like to put my 2C-B in solution. It seems as though I can put it in water or ethanol. Everclear is legal where I am, so that's no problem. Should distilled water be used if I opt for water?
I'm not too familiar with this chemistry yet, so I'm wondering if degradation will be slower in one solution over the other.
Also, how much mg will dissolve in 1ml of 95% ethanol or water?

For cleaning impurities, what solvent would you use to for re-crystallization?
How can you predict solubility of 2C-B? It is polar, right?

Does anyone know if 2c-b HCL dissolves in acetone? I'm looking for something that evaporates quickly

I put 100 mg of white 2C-B HCl (tested with Marquis) into 400 mL of tap water to create a 0.25 mg/mL solution as I would like to do low dose experiments. Most of the substance dissolved rather quickly but quite some salt did not go into the solution. I heated the solution to 65 °C to see if that would help but it did not but it did not.

The remaining substance is a white substance. Any idea what this could be or how I would get the remaining salt into solution? 0.25 mg/mL should not be any problem even with tap water, or am I mistaken?

Thanks!