• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25X-NBOMe vs. DOx vs. 2C-X Similarities & Differences

This was the OP from the thread similar to this, that was created and now closed.

Hey there bluelight. So i love phenethylamines, dont you?

If youre out there and have had experience with any 2 or more phenethylamines, and a mean ANY, whether its 2-CC and DOM, what similarites or differences did you see and which of those 2 or more did you prefer and why?

To get the ball rolling, ive experienced 2-ce, 2-ci and 25i-nbome. Among them, i would say that the body-load of 25i has always been much more so than that of 2-CI or 2-Ce in my experience. And the visuals between the three were relativley similar in my experience, however the notable differnces:

25i: more "moving" visuals. There are wonderful trails with both compounds, however with 25i, Things swirl and breath a bit more and there is powerful visual synesthasia, particulary with music, but is also seen in things like food for instance, such as fruit tasting like the color that the fruit is. (straberry tastes like red). Notably less colorful than 2-ci. Also, note that ive never seen anyone throwup from 2-ci...however ive seen the nausea from 25i be too much for a few people...throwing up a bunch while youre tripping balls is no fun:/
Therefore that risk is a little downside, that takes away from 25i.

2-Ci: more "still" visuals. Still some breathing and swirling, but much less so than 25i. However the trails still remain and are AWESOME and have some rainbowish-color behind them (i find 2ci trails as good if not better than LSD) Color enhancement is powerful, and music is wonderful and can influence the color, but there is not the level of synesthasia that 25i has, however is in now way less pleasant of an experience. Mental aspects of 2ci are much more of a mindfuck than 25i, and thats one of my personal favorite part of psychs.

2-ce: VERY visuals to 2ci interms of trails and colors, however the look and feel of 2ce felt far more "digital" where as 2ci was more natuarl feeling. Overall less visuals than 2ci, and less colorful, but more stimulating; more of a party drug.

Respectivly, I would say I like 2ci more, but thats not to say certain experieces are better suited for 25i or 2ce. I cant say this goes for eveyone, but as far as my experience,

tripping with a few buddys, a girlfriend, or by yourself and plan on not doing a whole lot? (although would work fine as a party drug too) , then id choose 2ci

Going to a long festival, long day at the beach, or are backpacking in the woods for the weeekend and want to trip? 25i.

Rave, party, and possibly mixing woth acid?
2Ce

Wow That was longer than expected....

Btw, combination reports are more than welcome! I cant wait to see what you all have to say!

I think the real issue of BromoDragonFLY is people either having or not having quality product

No, bromodragonfly is uniquely cardiotoxic, having strong 5ht2b affinity and high efficacy.

ebola

I lean heavily toward the no relationship camp. I haven't done so, but a good way to start investigating this question would be to compare the receptor affinities for each 25-X and its corresponding 2C-X. IIRC the reason NBOMes are so much more potent than their 2C-X counterparts is because the portion of the 2C-X molecule within the NBOMe structure that actually docks with receptors ("functional group," I believe) on neurons juts out into space more than it does in the 2C-X structure, making it more accessible. This alteration in how the molecule interacts with receptors is pretty dramatic it terms of potency increase, and so I'd think it would also dramatically change other properties of the molecule that relate to producing qualitative effects. This qualitative change with 25-Xs could partially owe, for example, to a change in the pattern of "spreading activation" of neural networks, perhaps by causing individual neurons to fire at a higher or lower frequency than their less potent 2C-X counterparts. Even a slight change at the local neuronal level could snowball into dramatically different network activity patterns, and so there goes any consistency we might expect to find between the actions of 25-Xs and 2C-Xs in the brain.

Obviously I don't know for certain, but I suspect that the reason some people report similarities has more to do with a cognitive bias arising from interpreting their experience under the theoretical suspicion that there is a relationship more than any objective correlation between the intrinsic properties of 25-Xs and 2C-Xs.

Last edited:
Given the structures I'd expect DOx and 2C-x compounds to be similar (but still very different from each other) despite a lot of people saying they aren't, but I wouldn't expect much of any relationship between them and the NBOMe series because the NBOMe tail is such a significant change to the structure, vs the simple addition of an alpha-methyl group when making the change from 2C-x to DOx.

Currently of these families I've tried: 2C-B, 2C-E, 2C-P, 2C-T-2, DOB, DOC, 25C-NBOMe, 25I-NBOMe

I can't really compare DOC and 25C-NBOMe as they were too different to me, as I'd expect. The only real similarity is that they both felt good, but given how many psychedelics feel good that isn't really much to go on.

However, 2C-B and DOB were very similar for me. They each had a definite character of their own but the visual nature of both drugs was quite similar for me - both of them had visuals that to me actually quite resembled tryptamine visuals and did not look like those from the other phenethylamines I tried. Both were quite euphoric and pleasant particularly at higher doses but 2C-B was the more gentle and pleasant of the two, and DOB was the more traditionally psychedelic and deep of the two.

If I had to sum up the differences in a couple of sentences I'd say that DOB and 2C-B resemble father and son respectively. DOB is the older more experienced and world-weary trip, while 2C-B is the younger, fresher, and more exciting one.

For what it's worth I loved both substances, 2C-B is the kind of thing I'd enjoy more just for having fun with friends and loved ones, while DOB is more something I'd take to get my creative juices flowing or to delve deep into my thoughts.

Watch out. If the 25b blotter is really 1.25mg then it's dosed twice as strongly as the other two. I would expect the equivalent dose to be more like 650μg.

I'm thinking of trying a nbome
My options
Are blotted @
25c 0.5mg
25i 0.75mg
25b 1.25mg

I can take half or 3/4 of any of those and I'm not sure how to proceed I've had LOTS of 2cb in last year or so
I need to figure out how much of what to take and how long it will last

I'd prob prefer to underdose first time then wait till tolerance has gone then try again

I found the 2C-x compounds to have a significant body load (tight, heavy feeling in the chest, back and muscle tension) despite glowing visuals and up-roaring laughter I have seldom experienced in my life. 2C-T-7 I recollect as having the least body load, however it was one of the earlier phenethylamines I had tested, and I was not fully aware of the body load (or hadn't laughed hard enough to provoke it, heh). It also had the most vivid visuals of the bunch, with me reaching a pinnacle of "visual control" where I became able to modify my visual perception in whatever way I chose; akin to being in a lucid dream yet conscious.

The DOx compounds had a similar body load as the 2C-x class, however due to the duration it is much more prolonged, and I found it to be exhausting on both the mind and the body by about half way through. Again, the effects were so magnificent that it made the experiences worthwhile, and I am glad to have gone through all of them. However after coming through the other side, I would chose not to subject myself to these again; I will use a 2C-x compound every few years or so as they are still greatly rewarding, but the bodyload definitely persuades me towards tryptamines.

I do not have a whole lot of experience with the 25x-NBOMe compounds, just a single 375 µg 25C sublingual dose. I found this amount slightly strong on the come up; more so than I had anticipated so I laid myself to bed to ride it out until I became comfortable. I ended up spending the entire trip in my bed, rolling around in euphoric psychedelia with my eyes closed for the next few hours. After it all, I felt very refreshed. No notable muscle tension, just a heavy come up (though I have seen other friends react to 2C-x and DOx come ups in a similar fashion that I had to 25c, so it's all subjective).
Feel free to ask questions, I hope to recollect more detailed information.

You could put the 25x-NBOMe compounds on sugar cubes, however it is not orally active, so if you eat the sugar cubes you wouldn't experience anything. You would have to let the sugar cubes dissolve under the tongue or on your gums, and wait for the chemical to absorb into your mouth's capillaries, which may take some time with all that sugar. Better off simply using the liquid for sublingual dosing, unless I am mistaken?

Last edited:
25c nbome feels almost identical to 2C-C. 25i is really weird for me and is way too stimulating with too many way negative effects combating the positive ones. 25c nbome is super euphoric for me. I have not tried 25b but I've had lots of 2cb when I was in high school. Super fun lol.