View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25X-NBOMe vs. DOx vs. 2C-X Similarities & Differences

thizzkid

Bluelighter
Hey there guys, fairly new to bluelight, but Im sure there are many others out there with this question so I'll be the one to ask it:
How do these compounds relate in terms of similarities between say, 25Inbome and 2-CI vs the similarities between DOC and 25c nbome or 2-CC, etc.?
The question applies to 2cb and 2cd as well or anything related that I'm not naming.
Is there anyone with the experience with a connect group, whether it be I or C or D? Id just like to connect each of these relatively unstudied drugs somehow.

To get the ball rolling, the only experiences I've had in the same group is 2CI and 25I nbome. The effects were very similar in effect it seemed, but the 2CI was slightly more visual and the 25I lasted notably longer and was slightly more on edge and upper feeling, however both are very pleasant experiences. Can anyone elaborate on this or any other group you've had experience with? Id love to see what you guys have to say about each.

Interesting. I have not noticed any similarities between the NBOMes and their 2c-x counterparts. Additionally, I have noticed that both 25i and 25c were more visual, rather than less, than 2c-i and 2c-c and that they also had shorter durations.

I do think that the NBOMes share marked similarities to their DOx counterparts. DOI and 25i especially shared remarkably similar visuals, although I found 25i a little rougher around the edges and less predictable.

This is a really interesting thread. I don't post in PD often, but I am glad that today I decided to browse. I've been wanting to try DOb, for a new experience. This probably seems absurd but I don't really enjoy LSD and probably the only way I would use LSD again is if it were for IV administration.

However... I do enjoy psychedelic phenethylamines, in specific of the 'bromo variety. 25b seems like it is kind of a rarity but there is a plethora of DOb and DOm available in my circle, which is odd that I have tried neither at this point.

I have quite a bit of experience with 2c-b and I would thoroughly enjoy trying some of its counterparts be it 25b, DOb, or Bromo-DragonFLY (I think the benzofuran ring is sexy).

IamMe90,what do you mean that the 25x is a bit rougher around the edges and less predictable? I'm kind of curious about this statement. I kind of imagined the 25x series to be a more potent form of 2c-x, with a heavier bodyload. Then again, I think the same of the DOx series just add in longer duration.

IamMe90:
I agree my findings for the iodo-group seem a little unsual. In what ive been able to find, what you said seems more along the lines of what most people say. Then again Ive also noticed more people get stronger visuals from 2-CE than 2-CI which Ive found to be reversed for me. Individual brain chemistry is weird huh?

Diloadid:
Yes that is absurd- the great lucy is god lol
But to answer your question to IamMe90 from a 3rd party view, i do agree that the body-load of 25i has always been much more so than that of 2-CI in my experience. And the visuals between the two were relativley similar in my experience, however the notable differnces:

25i: more "moving" visuals. There are wonderful trails with both compounds, however with 25i, Things swirl and breath a bit more and there is powerful visual synesthasia, particulary with music, but is also seen in things like food for instance, such as fruit tasting like the color that the fruit is. (straberry tastes like red). Notably less colorful than 2-ci. Also, note that ive never seen anyone throwup from 2-ci...however ive seen the nausea from 25i be too much for a few people...throwing up a bunch while youre tripping balls is no fun:/
Therefore that risk is a little downside, that takes away from 25i.

2-Ci: more "still" visuals. Still some breathing and swirling, but much less so than 25i. However the trails still remain and are AWESOME and have some rainbowish-color behind them (i find 2ci trails as good if not better than LSD) Color enhancement is powerful, and music is wonderful and can influence the color, but there is not the level of synesthasia that 25i has, however is in now way less pleasant of an experience. Mental aspects of 2ci are much more of a mindfuck than 25i, and thats one of my personal favorite part of psychs.

Respectivly, I would say I like 2ci more, but thats not to say certain experieces are better suited for 25i. I cant say how this goes for the bromo or chloro groups, but as far as my experience,

tripping with a few buddys, a girlfriend, or by yourself and plan on not doing a whole lot? (although would work fine as a party drug too) , then id choose 2ci

Going to a long festival, long day at the beach, or are backpacking in the woods for the weeekend and want to trip? 25i.

Wow That was longer than expected....

Last edited:
I've always heard good things about 2c-i, it just never really fizzled my spark much. I also heard good things of 2c-p, and it turned out to be kind of a long-drawn-out-bummer.

It is interesting the way you describe the differences between 25i and 2c-i. Not much of a difference, but a world of difference. Similar things are going on between the two, just odd variations in the way it happens. If that is the case, then DOb and 25b must be fantastic. :D

Last edited:
Well described, that would about sum up what i can say about the two.
Im interested in what other similarites can be found in DOI and how that relates to 25i and 2ci.
I have some 25C nbome en route and intime hopefully i can test this same question in regards to the chlorine atom and what it has in store for me.

Quick question though Diloadid:
What would you say about differences between 2cb and 2ci and why you prefer the Br? If the similarites i found in each of the iodo-phenethylamines are consistent between all the halogen alternates, then maybe some connection can be established between what we know so far with the 2C family.

Ooo.
I mean 2c-i didn't fizzle my spark as in interest, lol. I can see how that would be interpreted differently. 2c-i is something that really just never made me think 'Wow, this is some do or die shit'. So I never really bothered diving into too much.

I would hope that 25b and DOb would provide waves of intense euphoria at a more constant rate than 2c-b itself.

I think that if you look at the differences between the various 2Cs and the differences between the NBOMes, then you'll see that the corresponding letter (if it's active) kind of compares to it's 2C-x counterpart. So between 2C-C and 25C/2C-I and 25I, then you'll see that the Cs are generally more easy going, but the Is are by far the more psychedelic. That's from reading though, not too experienced with the 2Cs (half of em are banned!)

Note to self: Learn more about chemistry, I want to look cool talking with terms like Iodo/Chloro instead of I/C too!

hahah thank you kidklmx! i take that as a compliment. =)

Diloadid: ahh i see, well again just from what i know from 25i, if youre looking for that intensity the entire time without the waviness in intensity that 2cx's can have, then the 25x analogue of 2cb is most likely not your choice. While by no means lacking of intensity in any way, 25x always seems to be "wavy" in intensity like acid or the 2cx's. Intense a majority of the time, don't get me wrong, but there are "lower" periods per say, similar to those of all psychs. Again this is only experience with 25iNbome, 2ci, and 2ce, as well as the common psychs. I cannot speak for any of the DOx family so as far as DOB i have no idea, but from what I have read, it seems a better choice of the long lasting intensity you want. again, all speculation.

As IamMe90 said ime 25x-Nbomes and their 2C-x counterparts aren't similar, but this also applies to the DOx i've tried.
For example between 25C and 2C-C the only common thing i found is the lack of depth while DOC instead is not shallow at all,it is a 'complete' psychedelic similar to LSD.
Bodyload is for sure heavier with 25C and DOC than 2C-C, the worst one for this aspect is 25C ime.
Again as IamMe90 i found 25x to be MUCH more visual than 2Cx counterparts, i've tried both 2C-C and 2C-I and they are far from NBOMe OEVs, colors with 25I/D/B are much brighter, vibrating and with a good dose i can see patterns and fractals everywhere, so strong that i can't even read or focus an object, that never happened to me with any 2Cx; only with 100mg of 2C-D i was 'nearly' there.
25C is still very visual even if not that crazy as the others NBOMes imo.
Also 25I/25C usually give much more euphoria than 2C-C and 2C-I.

My experience with DOI was strange, i had really high tolerance i think, i didn't find it similar to any of them, i was very relaxed with mild OEVs and CEVs even at 17mg, anyway it wasn't that psychedelic for me and not deep for sure, more like an empathogen, i was able to stay in public and even to eat at burger king while on it, one thing i would never do on psychedelics in general.

Ime the most similar are 25D and 2C-D, both are true mind blowing psychedelics at high dosages, with real good visuals (insane ones for 25D) and some depth.
Both have medium bodyload at high doses but nothing that i couldn't handle, it wasn't unpleasant but i have to test them again without SSRIs i was taking, lately i have more unpleasant bodyload with other NBOMes since when i stopped citalopram.

I can't comment on 2C-B or DOB/DOM because they were already illegal when i started with RCs, i really would have liked to try DOM.

Soon i will try BOD, i'm pretty sure it will be another winner of the 2C-D homlogues.

I have never tried the nbomes but am very curious about them at the moment.

The 2c series is wonderful; DOC is great if your into having a long day and night. I would say that DOI and 2CI seemed to feel like stimulants, while 2C-C and DOC were more psychedelic but predictable.

I have always wanted to try 2C-B. I always loved the more euphoric trips. Not looking for any more earth-shattering experiences.

Can anyone shed some light on 25B, whether on its own or in comparison with DOxs or 2C-x's? Is it a good 25-x to start with?

Last edited:
Can anyone shed some light on 25B, whether on its own or in comparison with DOxs or 2C-x's? Is it a good 25-x to start with?

I would like to know more about 25b. Not much info on it tho'. I am just guessing it is a rarity atm. I would like to read more positives on BromoDragonFLY. It can't be all that bad!

Imo 25B ,for now, it's the second best NBOMe after 25D.
Lately i am using 25I rather than those ones just because my set isn't optimal after quitting citalopram, but 25B and 25D are more worthwhile ime.
Anyway 25B has more depth than 25I/C, the visuals activity maybe is little less outstanding than 25I but still very good.
I found some users saying that 25B has half the potency of 25I but i don't agree, ime is perhaps only slightly less powerful, last time with 700ug insufflated i was already on a good +++ level and with 1.5mg it was a really strong +++ experience.
Also between them i had less vasocostriction, muscle tension and cold feeling with 25B, really no upleasant bodyload at all with it.
At high doses i felt more clearheaded with 25B than 25I and the peak lasted more with 25B than any other NBOMe.
There is some euphoria but not at the levels of 25I and 25C, it's somehow a more spiritual trip and less recreational, thats why with my set i'm using 25I atm.
The easiest NBOMEs to start with are 25C and 25I imo, but anyway if one is already experienced with psychedelics it won't be a problem starting with 25B.

I can't help with BromoDragonfly because i didn't try it and never will tbh, i heard at the right dose it is good and interesting, the problem with it is that overdosing will cause severe problems of vasocontriction that last days, i wouldn't risk.
Many compounds could cause problems when overdosing but look how many people overdosed with 25I and didn't die while with BromoDragonfly many died, one had feet amputated and the othes went to the hospital risking their lives.

Last edited:
I think the real issue of BromoDragonFLY is people either having or not having quality product and being thoughtful of purposefully dosing said substance. I really couldn't imagine the vasoconstriction of BromoDragonFLY, or DOx/25x, being any worse than say... high dose amphetamine? I could be wrong tho'.

2C-C and 25C-NBOMe weren't especially similar.. I haven't tried DOC.

But DOI and 25I-NBOMe were kind of similar, of course the DOI is much longer. I've managed to sleep after ~12 hours of 5 mg DOI :p Haven't tried 2C-I

I have also tried both 2C-B and 25B-NBOMe, but haven't had a proper trip with the latter.. yet :D So unfortunately I can't compare them. DOB is on my list but seems pretty hard to come by :(

In my experience the NBOMe's are another book. They are of course comparable to their 2c- or DO- counterparts, but not to a very large extent.

Just syaing everyone, this is awesome input, keep it up!! :)
These are all very interesting reads, keep it comin!

Would like to add that NBOMEs are somewhat more unpredictable for me, compared to 2C-X where you generally know what to expect. The severe tolerance effect they have of course plays a role in this. One does have to wait quite a while between trips.

Really keen to try 25D now, been reading about it quite a but.

I think the real issue of BromoDragonFLY is people either having or not having quality product and being thoughtful of purposefully dosing said substance. I really couldn't imagine the vasoconstriction of BromoDragonFLY, or DOx/25x, being any worse than say... high dose amphetamine? I could be wrong tho'.

From what i've read it is much worse because it last several days, if i don't remember wrong the guy lost his feet after some days for the extreme vasoconstriction.
Usually if you overdose with 25x you get bad vasocontriction too but it doesn't last so long.
Among the DOx i think the most dangerous for the same reason is DOB, that's why i've never been so interested in it.

I was once sold a DOx on blotter as acid. I took two hits. I have no way of knowing which DOx it was, but I assume either DOI, DOC or DOB. I never heard of any other DOx in wide circulation around this time period.

Anyway, whatever it was, it was absolutely nothing like 2C-C, 2C-I or 2C-B. Full-on psychedelic mindfuck of the highest order. Closest thing I could compare it to would be LSD, but it was even less clearheaded. Almost similar to mushrooms in that respect. Thought loops, magical thinking, loss of touch with reality (mentally and visually), fractal thinking, everything. Nothing like the halogenated 2Cs so commonly described as "gentle."

The only similarity was the bodyload, specifically nausea.

I'm thinking of trying a nbome
My options
Are blotted @
25c 0.5mg
25i 0.75mg
25b 1.25mg

I can take half or 3/4 of any of those and I'm not sure how to proceed I've had LOTS of 2cb in last year or so
I need to figure out how much of what to take and how long it will last

I'd prob prefer to underdose first time then wait till tolerance has gone then try again