Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25i-nbome, how to destroy the molecule?

till101

Bluelighter
hi,
something bad happend. i made a solution of 25i-nbome a long time ago.

i put it into a box, that was made of paper. one day i saw, that the glas with the nbome was broken and everything of the solution was out of it.

most of the solution streamed into the wood floor. the wood floor is a little bit popped up.

so i threw the box an everything in it into the trash, but im still afraid about the nbome that streamed into the wood floor. maybe it one day will circulate into the air.

totaly it should have been 125mg. most of it should be in trash.

but how can i make sure, that there will never be any bad suprise ?

is there any reagent that i could pour over the wood floor, so that the nbome reacts to an undangerous stuff ?

please help me, i´m sry for my bad english.

What can you say about the stability of 25i-nbome ?

First, I have to mention that your thread title is vague enough that it doesn't really convey the potential urgency of a chemical spill.

Secondly, although I can't back this up with any literature, to my knowledge these kind of compounds don't last forever in solution--especially in the un-ideal conditions that are a wood floor. I imagine that it will be degraded over time by local bacteria. If, as you say, most of the solution has made it to the trash (What is most? Are we talking 25 mg left? 50?), then I think the risks are relatively low for you--if all of it were to spontaneously evaporate off, (25?) mg in the entire roomful of air means a fairly low concentration of the drug that you're actually breathing in. Add to this that it won't all simultaneously evaporate, and that it will (probably? again, no evidence here) be degraded by bacteria, and I would say that you shouldn't necessarily have to take any great precautionary measures, other than perhaps keeping the room well-ventilated.

It would be sensible to scrub the floor. Of course, if you do so, be sure to wear full protective clothing, including gloves and a rebreather (I don't know if a cheap dust mask would adequately protect you--it's possible, but you'll have to ask someone with more expertise.)

It's been discussed before, try your best using the Bluelight google search engine, or maybe I will help later when I have more time.

The other thread was indeed about disposing of or destroying NBOMe compounds.

There is brief mention of it here:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-617972-p-11.html

But I'm sure there was more. Anyway I don't think the concerns about flushing it down the toilet and frying someone at the water treatment plant are valid, because there is a crazy amount of dilution and these compounds are not really toxic to the environment afaik, apart from the effect on nervous centers of animals (and us) at high enough concentrations.
Chemical disposal could be an option. Burning it could be hazardous regarding inhalation because you may just be vaporizing / nebulizing a lot of it.
I don't think adding a strong acid or base is enough.

Was it a watery solution? If so, you should be able to use water (preferably warm/hot) to redissolve the drug left in/on the floor. I'd use a sponge and a kind of rubber cleaning gloves. After that there shouldn't be significant amounts left that you could be exposed to. But of course you can rinse & repeat a few times for more reassurance.
Then just treat the cleaning water as you would the original solution and dispose of it in a way that leads to public waste and not people and living beings around your house etc.

Assume that anything that could destroy the drug will probably also ruin your floor.

dilute by wet mopping the floor several times. add a little hypochlorite bleach too.

If you dilute it in water, and don't use bleach direct, it's fine to use on hardwood, tile, etc floors. Maybe not carpet.

It's been discussed before, try your best using the Bluelight google search engine, or maybe I will help later when I have more time.

The other thread was indeed about disposing of or destroying NBOMe compounds.

Do you mean this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/701001-Proper-Disposal-of-NBOMe
The solution suggested there was to add the powder to epoxy glue and let it fully harden before throwing it out. (Of course that doesn't apply to this case)

Other options from that thread:
1. Strap it to a model rocket, blast into orbit
2. Tie it to a brick, drop in the middle of the ocean
3. Tie it to an arrow and shoot it into the Grand Canyon
4. Witchcraft

Last edited:
^ number 4 is especially promising if you have extra candles laying around

I would use sawdust or baking soda or some absortbitant material and massage it into the affected area then use a sander and a vaccum, and fans (a vent/fan chemical industrial HOOD would be ideal) for sucking up the wood dust as it rises and push it outside. . . wear a mask while you work.

Do you mean this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/701001-Proper-Disposal-of-NBOMe
The solution suggested there was to add the powder to epoxy glue and let it fully harden before throwing it out. (Of course that doesn't apply to this case)

Other options from that thread:
1. Strap it to a model rocket, blast into orbit
2. Tie it to a brick, drop in the middle of the ocean
3. Tie it to an arrow and shoot it into the Grand Canyon
4. Witchcraft

lmao!!1

Still, the semi-ridiculous / overkill methods could be an option if applied to the 'floor extract'. :D

Obviously the thing to do here is hack up the floorboards, pour a crapton of epoxy all over them, then encase the whole mess in concrete and dump it in the East River. That's the only way to be sure. ;)

Maybe the mafia knows a guy who can 'dispose' of things, you know make sure nobody even finds those NBOMe's again...