Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25i-NBOMe has ruined my life

Savvyray17

Greenlighter
Male 16 115lbs

Sorry for the length but please read. I really need as much help as possible. A few weeks ago i aquired two tabs of what i thought was acid. i went home and decided to take it early in the morning to enjoy my day. I had never done more than 1 1/2 tabs but it werent that strong and i knew i could handle two. The morning came and i took both, the come up felt great and i was really happy and smoked a joint and was on cloud nine. Then out of nowhere i noticed my face going numb and then i went "shit this aint right" then my heart started pounding furiously. Then my head felt like it was being ripped apart and blood was going to pour out my nose and my head was going to explode. My heart was going way too fast at 180 bpm then i started to panic and i layed down thinking i was just poisoned and im gonna die. My whole body was shaking and crossed my arms thinking this was it. I ran downstairs and told my mom that this is really bad. The nerves in my feet hurt so bad i couldnt walk. I was having a seizure that lasted forever and the visuals were so bad I couldn't see everything was made up of one picture and it was a face. It felt like every fiber in my body was a spiral and and if the went too fast they would get tight and pinch off and it was extremely painful. I totally lost it. It lasted twelve hours. And i calmed down. And my dumbass having little experience with psychs i thought it was just really good acid. Two days later i took one tab of the same stuff. It gave me the same effects but i was more prepared for it. It was still bad but not as bad as the first time. All this was pretty bad but the worst was to come. I was completely fine for a week after i took it. And promised not to do it again. i was smoking weed, and no problems. then out of nowhere i was just chilling and i started feeling the numbness in my head again and went " oh shit its coming back? How?" The feeling in my head that i got in the peak of my high was back and it was painful. My heart rate shot up to 180 again and got slight visuals. i knew something was very wrong. I calmed down and for the rest of the day it felt like the left side of my face and head had a stroke. My heart rate was always elavated. I figured i could sleep it off. The next day my face was normal but my heart was killing me at resting it was and still is always atleast 100bpm. i couldnt even stand and still cant without it being atleast 120bpm. And depending on how much i move its in the range of 120-180bpm. And always pounding very hard at at time felt pains like a knife ripping my chest And my head always feels pressured and weird. The veins in my eyes are always bloodshot and painful. I get random nerve pains all over. Ive been bedridden and afraid to move for weeks. i get the head feeling and my heart races multiple times a day. I asked my friend saying that shit wasnt acid and he tested it and it turned out to be 25i. The weird part is is he took two more than me and nothing happened to him. Anyway, I had a doc appointment on monday but it was friday and it got too bad and i went to the er and they said nothing was wrong. When i got to the doctor he gave me a heart monitor and im still waiting on results. Two days ago i had another bad episode and went to the er again and got scans and once again, nothing wrong. This shit is so bad I honestly dont see the point in living anymore. Everthing i do is extremely uncomfortable. I just want to be able to live somewhat normally. Im scared to even walk to the restroom anymore. I have to wear shades indoors to protect my eyes. I am completely miserable and the doctors are taking too long. I i got was some ativan but it barely helps. Ive been on every forum just asking for any sort of solution for any of theses issues. Anything would be appreciated and ill reply on what you want more info on thanks.

Man, that sounds really scary.
Was it confirmed that you had a seizure?
You might want to talk to your doctor about getting referral to a neurologist and have some tests like MRI and/or EEG done.
In the meantime, make sure you stay well hydrated and eat healthy food (such as fruit and green leafy vegetables)

Have you had the tabs tested, or are you just assuming it is 25i-NBOMe?

I think you know how to calm down, and this is what you need to do.

yes you took too much to enjoy (some people do like 25i)
yes you did not die - be thankful
yes your mind remembers the sensations - and you relive them when doing weed etc.
yes you are a bit of a hypochondriac - so is everyone.

you will be fine.

I've had all the scans done they've seen nothing wrong I have been eating healthy and having plenty of fluids but yes I am just assuming it's 25i

Anxiety attacks can feel exactly that serious and explain why an ER found nothing wrong... and actually there have been cases before (well reported here) of what seems to be precipitated panic disorders. So I guess the treatment would be the same which isn't always so simple. I'd learn some good breathing exercises (they can really bring your vitals down) and absolutely avoid the weed.

Pretty strange though it can be precipitated so acutely by NBOMe's, almost as if your baseline is reset.

They told me all my vitals were ok. I havnt felt anxious at all and im taking ativan in case it might. Everyone thinks its anxiety but i believe other wise but i do agree it feels like my base line has been reset

On the one hand you probably shouldn't stress yourself out too much over what may be wrong with you, but on the other hand: the only things someone could use to look into it are clearly detailed descriptions of symptoms that are physical or functional, especially ones that anxiety would not manifest. That would be the challenging part though because anxiety can do a lot of things, if you precipitated an anxiety disorder of sorts that could feel physical all of the time. Feelings tend to be too vague to really clarify things. That an anxiety attack can completely feel like you're dying says it all.

Elevated blood pressure could have made matters even worse during the experiences. But it's not feeling like you had a stroke, but things like half of your face drooping (bell's palsy) that are symptoms that could not be anxiety-induced.

You remind me a lot of another guy who came here with a very similar story. Some parts made people encourage him to get more tests. There seemed to be some cognitive impairment and something about his motor skills. However in the end I'm not sure that anything was shown from tests to be beyond temporary / induced, it really was not easy to see the difference and took time to recover from.

These 5-HT2A receptors involved are all across the 'higher brain' and can be involved with a lot of things. And these drugs are quite novel so it could be there is some quite unusual way that system could get affected and cause some dysfunction.

Just take it easy and if there is anything that may be worth something to a doctor, some serious change in cognitive function or tangible physical symptoms, document them.

Last edited:
This sounds bloody awful. I am more doubtful it's physical: I can't know from a distance but you should take comfort that tests are coming back ok; high level anxiety and attacks there of can feel very physical and the mind is so powerful that when it is working against you the effects can be strong as anything. I would work on any techniques to relax and avoid anxiety for the time being and really apply your self to this; even doing this is taking control of the matter and your mind. The fear is self perpetuating. I think most if it was 25i it's not great for you but you are out of any immediate danger and you will likely recover. I'd really suggest avoiding weed; it isn't everyones friend and especially in these sort of cases in can incredible irrational panic states. Horrible as it is in the moment things change. All the best

Anxiety can manifest in many ways..ive never done 25i myself but have done many rc's..the fear of the effects can make the sensations come back..the weed is not helping

They told me all my vitals were ok. I havnt felt anxious at all and im taking ativan in case it might. Everyone thinks its anxiety but i believe other wise but i do agree it feels like my base line has been reset

Avoid taking ativan every day, you should only take it if you feel anxiety. Getting addicted to benzis would be a very negative outcome of this situation. They're really hard and painful to get off.

As others have said, anxiety can manifest in a huge number fo ways that can be physical, but it's only a manifestation of anxiety. The very wording of your thread title indicates to me that you're looking at this in an unhealthy way. 25i (or whatever you took - doesn't really matter what it was) did not "ruin your life". If you think about it like it has ruined your life, and obsess over every little thing and every possibility you can invent in your mind, this is going to become a traumatic event that has a profoundly negative impact on your life. On the other hand, you can just say to yourself, hey, that trip was shitty, but it's over now. I'll just take the days as they come. I'll be fine. And you will be fine. :) Trust me, I've had plenty of really unpleasant/difficult/horrifying trips, where I felt like I was fucked, but I just decided to believe I'd be fine, and I was, and am.

Basically you're way overthinking this. Just keep living your life, do stuff you like, chill out. Everything will be alright. :)

Last edited:
I'm leaning with the others and agree with it possibly being an anxiety attack.

I once took 225ug of LSD and during the peak I had a bad few minutes. Something was on the TV that sent me spiraling in a thought loop, and I began to have an attack. My heart rate increased, my breathing became extremely heavy, and parts of my body began to go numb. I laid on the floor and asked my brother if I was breathing normally, he said yes. About two minutes later, everything got worse and more intense. I look at my brother and said "help me".

At this point my hands were numb but also locked into almost a fist, i couldn't open them, my chest felt like it was caving in. Suddenly I feel my brother rub me on my sternum and it pulled me right out of it. Slowly all those negative sensations went away, and I was sort of in shock for the rest of the trip.

Apparently my brother said for about three minutes my eyes were closed or open but you could only see the white in my eyes. I had a seizure although it only felt like I was on the ground for less than a minute. I could be wrong, but I came to the conclusion that I had a severe anxiety attack and the LSD intensified it.

I've had this feeling only two other times. The first time was when I was 14 and I had this attack on top of a hill smoking weed with friends. I thought I was going to die and kept saying to call the ambulance (I didn't have a seizure though). The second time was peaking during a DXM trip but I didn't freak out. No seizure here either, but the whole numb/fist hands, heavy breathing sensations were present. I just stayed calm and it went away real quickly.

Just give your body more time to recover, it seems fairly recent that all this has happened

Yes it's worth looking up symptoms of anxiety attacks and noting the serious / messed up sensations. I once went to the hospital from it after reconsidering and going home again about 4 times... I got it in my head that the drugs I took were impairing my breathing.
In reality I was hyperventilating to apparently try and compensate, this screwed up my blood gases quite a bit and gave me metabolic acidosis which can give you even more horrible sensations. Not actually dangerous though.
I thought I was gonna die though... was on 4-AcO-DMT and other things, plus withdrawing / on the comedown of things.

Could well be an anxiety attack, catalysed or exacerbated by the 25i. As physically you don't have anything wrong with you this is most likely. Personally have never been a fan of the -nbome series, seemed brutish and lacking depth compared to traditional psychedelics or some of RC lysergamides like 1P-LSD and ALD-52 apart from their apparent toxicity at relatively low dosage levels. Nevertheless, I think I have only ever tried it once so am no expert. Bad trips whatever substance you are on can be quite traumatic and leave you in a pretty bad way for fair amount of time, especially if you let them. But echoing what Xorkoth says, over time I have come to realise that so much of how badly things effect you is in your head. Even the trips I thought were really bad I have come to see in retrospect as tough lessons that it took me a while to accept, and having accepted them I really don't feel like they have damaged me or screwed up my life at all, quite the opposite actually, that they did what they needed to do to sort out my life out in the long term. Don't panic and overthink the whole thing, you are likely to make it seem much worse than it actually is.

Sounds like you definitely need some time to physically and mentally recover. Definitely try not to worry and rest assured that this bad patch is only temporary and will pass, hopefully sooner that you could have imagined.

Don't get into the habit of taking ativan, beyond using it for a week or so (and possibly even then) it will only make your anxiety symptoms much worse. I have only recently completed my battle with quite a few years years of severe benzodiazepine misuse and addiction, and I can confirm that in the throes of this most of the time I wasn't sure which symptoms the benzos had created and which were actually the initial anxiety symptoms that had led me to take the benzos. Coming off them was hell, worse than coming off opiates in my opinion and the acute withdrawal phase goes on for much longer.

Best way to relieve your anxiety is to look after yourself, eat well, exercise, engage in as many healthy pursuits as possible. Be as kind as possible to yourself. Take a break from psychedelics, stims and any other drugs that could exacerbate your anxiety until you feel better (you know best how various drugs affect your state of mind both during and after using). Find some supportive friends who you can talk to about your difficult experiences and who can offer helpful advice. If you do this I am pretty certain you will be fine, just don't expect things to improve immediately, they will do for sure given a bit of time. Meditation or deep breathing could help you to chill, certainly do for me.

your very lucky to be alive, I have a friend who has died from 25I and reading this makes me pretty uneasy if that is the kind of experience he went through in his final moments. The fact you went back for more soon after a nightmare trip is beyond me. Enough of the guilt tripping though, I would have to agree with others that this is more than likely bad anxiety symptoms physically manifesting. Ive experienced prolonged anxiety symptoms from benzo withdrawal which included tingling down my arm, heart palpitations, dizzyness, confusion and the list goes on. Try to be reassured by the test results from the Dr/hospital and stick to a healthy lifestyle without drugs and with more whole foods and plenty of exercise. Be patient and learn from the mistake, you will recover!

PS. lay off the ativan! Benzo addiction is longer and more painful than any bad trip! trust me I have experienced both many times.

Last edited:
Could the thread title be adjusted? Removing the "m" and replacing with "n"? Sadly i havent read in depth but was drawn by the title

Hey man I have the exact same issues after taking 25i. It's scary how alike our experiences have been. I have been able to manage mine for the most part with 120 mg propranolol ER once daily. Been taking it for 3 years now. I would love to have a conversation with you about this so feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Trust me man propranolol saved my life. Would have killed myself if I didnt have it

I don't think that it is the substance's fault that you are experiencing these symptoms, I would rather think that whoever sold you 25i NBOME as LSD is at fault here.

Also, you can't have a seizure and remember it, when you have a seizure you will wake up from it with no memory of anything a few minutes before it started.

By your reaction it seems you were either particularly sensitive or that the blotters were unevenly dosed.