• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(25i-NBOMe/1200ug Blotter) - 3rd time - I stopped taking drugs because of this - ++++

Peaceandporc

Greenlighter
I feel that this trip report needs a short introduction, so bear with me guys.

25i-NBOMe is one of those drugs that I'm not sure about. On the one hand its one of the strongest psychedelics I've ever tried, but on the other I feel like there is an element missing to its high, something I can't put my thumb on, one of my friends suggested it may be it's lack of headspace. My first experience with it was about a year before this, I took 1400ug at a festival, and it was amazing. My second time was a nice and cosy 450ug, which despite yielding no visuals, gave us a relatively calm, manageable and euphoric psychedelic high, that lasted about 6 or 7 hours.
I didn't know it when I woke up, but today was going to be a life changing experience for me.

After spending the day waiting for something to happen in my apartment, a good friend called, said he was coming over, and was quickly joined by 2 other friends. After trying to find some weed, without success, we bought some hash and left the city by car, heading for one of the friends houses in the country side.

We arrived, immediately cooked pasta and ate, as soon as we had eaten, I offered my friends 25i, only one accepted (the only one who had tried it before we shall call him A, the others will be called N and V), so we both took our tabs around 10PM and waited.
After about 30 minutes, we both realised we were coming up pretty hard. A started feeling nauseous and threw up in the upstairs sink, I tried to help him clean up but the situation seemed very much too complicated. N and V were rolling joints downstairs, so we went and joined them, we all decided we would clean up tomorrow cause none of us could be assed.
I put some Shpongle on the sound system and sat with A, N and V in the kitchen smoking joints for the next half hour. A and I were starting to notice the weirdness in our surroundings, neither of us had ever been to V's house before, when I closed my eyes I experienced pretty strong CEVs, and kept repeating "things are starting to look weird".
Around 11PM I put on Strauss' 30th Opus: Thus sprake zarathoustra (the opening music to 2001 A space odyssey). Our high was rising with the music, every time I closed my eyes things were swirling around, covered in bright lights. With my eyes open I could see sparkling and objects breathing, the bench I was sat on felt uncomfortably hard.
N decided to change the music, and cut of the song while searching for what he wanted. As soon as he did that I started feeling bad. I looked at A and I noticed he didn't look so good either, he was repeatedly clicking his fingers and smacking his lips, as if searching for something in his mind, I told him the music was missing from the universe and he agreed.
From N's account the next day, he had paused the music only for a couple of seconds. In my mind it lasted an unreasonably long amount of time: I started sweating and wondering if music even existed, maybe I had imagined it all. I went to investigate, and persuaded him to put on Atom heart mother by Pink Floyd while waiting till he found something he liked. He agreed, and because the computer was so slow, just decided to leave it at that. Not long afterwards, probably around 11h45PM, N and V went to bed, as they both had university classes the next day. A and I went into the music room, where the stereo system was set up. There was a large round bed in one corner, so we lay down on it and decided to relax for a bit. I was still feeling kinda bad, ever since the music had been cut of, even though it was back. I knew it had only been 2h since we had taken the tabs, mine had only finished dissolved a couple of minutes before, I was starting to feel uncomfortable. I lay on the bed, trying to appreciate the music, wondering at the beauty of my CEVs, these had evolved into fully fledged 3D moving pictures, of an absolute and eerie beauty, with a predominance of green colours and a recurring eye that kept coming back and staring at me, unblinking.

By midnight I was acutely aware of my body, I could feel the blood rushing through me, my heart pumping, my stomach moving, and tingling in my fingers and toes. I knew 25i was vaso-constrictive, and began wondering if I would need to be amputated. As soon as this thought hit me I became acutely paranoid. I was sweating profusely and kept taking my coat of and putting it back on, as I became first hot them cold in quick succession. I told A I was having some trouble with my thoughts, and needed his help, he suggested I drink some water, so I did. However my mind was thinking way to fast, every time I started tripping at something, it would come back to my body sensation, and how I was surely going to be amputated. I decided to roll a joint, thinking it could counteract the vaso-constrictive nature of the 25i. I was feeling oppressed inside myself, and I was on the point of taking some benzos. My friend couldn't fathom how bad I was feeling, and I felt even worse for complaining because I felt I was ruining what seemed like an amazing trip for him. I couldn't settle down any more, I was wondering from the bed to the table, drinking, then returning, and kept on saying "I feel bad". This state of mind lasted till about 01h30AM, by which point I was at a loss for what to do. In my mind everything was over, I would never come down, I was just going to be stuck, feeling shit, for the rest of my life. I became scared, my temperature started rocketing up, I could feel heat pouring out of my body. I saw what looked like steam rising from my stomach, and the curtains beside the bed were rearing up like snakes. "A" tried his best to support me during this time and be reassuring, and I'm very glad he was there, because I have no idea what lengths I would have gone to to try and get rid of that feeling. I decided I was going to stop taking drugs, and that I needed to work more and earn more money, so I could travel and see the world. At that point in time, the only thing I could think of was how much I would like to not be tripping, and how I couldn't wait till the next day.

By this point I had had enough, my drug-addled brain decided that urinating might help me come down faster, so I walked out the french windows into the cool night air, retrospectively this could have been the best decisiion I ever made. As soon as I started pissing, it felt like evil was leaving my body. A stream of concentrated black steam rose up from the puddle I left on the ground. After this I looked up at the cloudy night sky, all over it were screaming demonic tortured faced, pushing through the clouds towards the earth. I could feel the sky was angry, but beautiful, and I called my friend outside to see. I told him I felt much better here, and we decided to walk around a bit, as this was the country side, and we were unlikely to see anyone. Thousands of eyes and open mouths full of fangs were staring down at us from above, but we didn't mind, we could both tell they were angry at the earth, and not at us. We quickly decided that the sky was a bad person though, because he was hiding most of the stars from us, and that we would fight him if we met him. I'm not sure how far we went around the house, I felt like we had been exploring for hours, but I think we just walked around it a couple of times, staying in a 20m radius. We saw lights in the distance, and wondered what it was, but we were both pretty sure we would be disappointed if we went there.

Around 3h00AM we brought chairs out from inside and rolled some more joints sitting on the patio in front of the french windows. We stayed there talking and staring at the sky, wondering at the beauty of the few stars we could see, and at how angry the clouds seemed. "A" put on a reggae playlist, so we wouldn't have to worry about the music, but it kept on stopping and was quite annoying. I apologized profusely to A for being a bitch during the come up, and he said it wasn't a problem, that reassured me a lot. After some time I got up and looked around, checking what was behind the small wooden fence just beside us. Conjoined to the house was a large barn, still under construction, with two gaping back holes to go in or out. I was immediately scared, I wondered if gypsies could be in there ("V" had told us earlier that gypsies had stolen stuff from his property not long ago), and returned to the patio, telling my friend that our spot was ruined. I warned him not to go see why, but he was intrigued and looked anyway. He immediately decided we should go back inside as well, so we lay back down on the bed, and I put on "Easy star all-stars Dub side of the moon Live".
A was starting to feel a bit tired, he had been up since 6AM the day before and had thrown up his only meal of the day, so I went to look for food for him but could only find chocolate milk. I was very much alert and awake, talking lots and my mind was racing, despite the whole world vibrating on a very high frequency around me, with trails of light following anything that was slight brighter than usual as I moved my eyes around. The circular lights on the ceiling were like two miniature suns, complete with long yellow rays of light spurting out the side like water from a six headed-hose. My mind kept returning to the amputation thought, but it didn't seem as bad now, and I just smoked a spliff every time it happened.
I kept on returning outside though, "to piss" I would say, as I drank more and more water, but I knew it was because outside was better than inside. A stayed in the bed though, with his eyes closed, a couple of times I was pretty sure he was dead, but then I'd see him breathe. I kept trying to start conversations but it was obvious he didn't want to talk from the monosyllabic answers he was giving. Our earlier connection wasn't as strong any more, so I went outside and stared at the sky some more. A hole had opened in the screaming faces, just above me, and I could see a large part of dark space, punctuated by bright lights and stars, I've never seen the night sky like that before, I could see every single line between the different constellations, and became sure that the astronomers who had mapped the stars must have been on psychedelic drugs at the time. I called out to A, saying he needed to see this, but he said he preferred to stay laying down. He hadn't opened his eyes once since he had laid back down except when I passed him joints.

I sat back on the chair, on the patio, it must have been around 5AM, I had changed genres and was listening to Blue Train by John Coltrane. The trees were full of dangling appendages, the branches blurred in and out of vision while the sky kept screaming and lights became brighter. With my eyes closed I could see Christmas trees and laser beams, on green eyed backgrounds with ultra violet spots, swirling and multiplying in my mind. I toked on my spliff a bit more and decided the wheelbarrow I could see was a bit too off-putting. My right eye was trailing behind my left, and I could see a distinct difference in colour depending on which eye I used. I went back inside cause I was feeling lonely, but A still wasn't answering, so I put on some James Brown and BB King and tried to sleep a bit. That turned out impossible, as my eyelids were like a psychedelic retro-projection, continually subjected to more and more bizarre forms, all in 3D and very realistic. The curtains beside the bed started growing patterns, and the painting of a bald man on the wall looked at me sadly, I was sure he never wanted to be trapped in there, and that it couldn't be very comfortable.
I still couldn't find the right place to put my body, so I could concentrate on what was happening in my mind.

Around 7AM I decided to clean the house, for when my friends woke up, I was in an almost OCD like state, going as far as to put the shoes in order by size and color, folding all his dads clothes that I found on the floor and ordering the cutlery by type in the cutlery draw. My hallucinations were starting to stop, but the CEV's were still going strong. I kept smoking hash as often as I could, still worried about losing an arm or a leg, but mostly about my penis, as I realised it was considerably smaller than I'd ever seen it before. I was urinating once or twice an hour, cause I was drinking so much (I drank a whole 2L bottle of water twice over during my trip).

At 8AM I gently woke up V with a pre-rolled spliff and a bottle of water, so he wouldn't be late for class. He asked me how it was and we smoked together in his room. My trip was definitely coming to an end but the CEVs were ever present when I closed my eyes. My right eyes vision was also distinctly tinted with a blue hue, compared to the left one, and the pupil was slightly more dilated.

We drank some chocolate milk, woke up N and called A out of his stupor on the bed. N drove A and I back to my house and we watched Ted talks about life on YouTube till around midday, before trying to get some sleep.

Overall, I think this is probably the second strongest psychedelic trip I've experienced. I'd give it a ++++, and would advise only very experienced users to try 25i-NBOMe outside of a festival/party setting. I believe that the only reason I was finally able to control myself is because I have quite a few psych trips under my belt, including a +++++ on large amounts of acid (untested 150ug blotters, I took 4) and MDMA.
I don't believe the trip itself was bad, once I managed to get out of the cyclic thoughts, however it was enough to make me seriously rethink my habits and goals in life.

Thanks for reading, I hope everything is clear. If you have any questions ask away. Much love to you guys!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_25inbome
substancecode_nbomes
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
Good report man. I found it an interesting read.

I took this once. I suspect a somewhat low dose because I only got slight visuals, that was only when I completely let go.
How does this compare with 2c-i? I found the bodyload on that to be almost unbearable at times. The one time I took it it seemed like less of a mind fuck then 2c-i but I suppose increased dose would change that.

Nice report. You drank more water during that one trip than I probably do in a whole week :p

UPDATE:

Smoked a couple of joints today with a friend, all of a sudden I felt the same feeling I had under 25i, like something was fundamentally wrong. Blood rushed to my head and I had to go outside a bit. It could have been cause I hadn't eaten or drunk anything yet today, but I'm pretty sure that it was the joints that did it. I have decided to stop all drug use for an extended period of time.

EDIT: Also, I've never tried 2c-i mate, sorry, so I can't really compare the two.

Second EDIT: Its now been over a week since i have taken any drugs, including weed, and I have returned to baseline, no more paranoia or depersonalisation. I am however having extremely wierd dreams and have woken up screaming/shouting 4 or 5 times over the past week. This has never happened before. Will keep updating.

Last edited:
Necro Update:

It's now been over 9 years since this trip. I have not touched any kind of psychoactive substance since, including alcohol, coffee and nicotine. This shit was strong man.

Damn one hell of an update, this trip was that powerful huh? Why’d you stop?

-GC