View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25i and ibogaine / phenibut

Tweak Thizz

Bluelighter
Hey dudes , I have some 25i and was planning on tripping tomorrow. I have done 25c but not 25i before. I take a multivitamin that has b vitamins and 8mg ibogaine hcl . I took it today would that interfere with the 25i at all ? I also wanted to take a small dose of phenibut to ease the anxiety when I do decide to take it along with some medical grade cannabis . Thanks

I would not advise to take this combination. Ibogaine has dangerous and potentially unsafe interactions with SSRI's/SNRI's, and I believe that 25i is an agonist of the 5-HT2a serotonin receptor. Ibogaine is known to have dangerous interactions with many different drugs on its own, and it is not a substance I would risk experimenting with in combination with other drugs at all. I have had luck eliminating some of the anxiety associated with certain trips by adding phenibut to the mix, which seems fine. I imagine that cannabis will potentiate the effects of the 25i as it does with psychedelics in general, but I do not think it is a particularly "dangerous" drug to add into the mix. This link to the BL thread of dangerous and potentially dangerous drug combinations indeed verifies that Ibogaine is listed as a "known dangerous combination" for virtually every class of drug.
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/648356-List-of-Dangerous-amp-Potentially-Unsafe-Combinations

Ibogaine itself has a relatively short halflife, but its metabolite noribogaine has a half life of 28-49 hours - but the study I found that has that information was referring to the use of noribogaine directly. Even with that being said, I would highly advise against this combination. Be safe.

I would not advise to take this combination. Ibogaine has dangerous and potentially unsafe interactions with SSRI's/SNRI's, and I believe that 25i is an agonist of the 5-HT2a serotonin receptor. Ibogaine is known to have dangerous interactions with many different drugs on its own, and it is not a substance I would risk experimenting with in combination with other drugs at all. I have had luck eliminating some of the anxiety associated with certain trips by adding phenibut to the mix, which seems fine. I imagine that cannabis will potentiate the effects of the 25i as it does with psychedelics in general, but I do not think it is a particularly "dangerous" drug to add into the mix. This link to the BL thread of dangerous and potentially dangerous drug combinations indeed verifies that Ibogaine is listed as a "known dangerous combination" for virtually every class of drug.
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/648356-List-of-Dangerous-amp-Potentially-Unsafe-Combinations

Ibogaine itself has a relatively short halflife, but its metabolite noribogaine has a half life of 28-49 hours - but the study I found that has that information was referring to the use of noribogaine directly. Even with that being said, I would highly advise against this combination. Be safe.
You think 8mg of ibogaine is enough of a dosage to have an adverse reaction? I was looking forward to tripping tomorrow :/ thank you

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I would think that it would be a large enough dose. I understand that you want to trip tomorrow, but is risking a dangerous drug interaction really worth it? Given the long half life or noribogaine it could take some time of abstinence from ibogaine before the drug is completely out of your system. If I am mistaken, perhaps another BLer can correct me, but based off the information that I know I would say that the potential risk far outweighs the potential reward of the experience.

Where do you live that you can get ibogaine HCl in a multi-vitamin? I know people microdose but I don't think that's something you should take like vitamin C.

Where do you live that you can get ibogaine HCl in a multi-vitamin? I know people microdose but I don't think that's something you should take like vitamin C.
I got it from the place I did my flood dose from , the person who runs the treatment center in Mexico had it and gave me a bottle

I'm not sure that's very responsible use of the plant. It is endangered after all.

depending on how long you have been taking this supplement, because of the long half-life of noribogaine, a significant plasma level could have accumulated over time, despite the very low dose. I would also wait longer, especially with something like 25I.

depending on how long you have been taking this supplement, because of the long half-life of noribogaine, a significant plasma level could have accumulated over time, despite the very low dose. I would also wait longer, especially with something like 25I.
I just took it that one day , before that I hahadn't taken it in a few weeks