View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25C-Nbome Solubility

SabbathViper

Greenlighter
I've read in various threads that 25C-NBOME HCl is at least solubile in distilled water to 8mg/ml, however I'm wondering how much more solubile it would be in 100% ethanol or other alcohols? Would it theoretically be at least 20mg or more per ml?

The medium I'm trying to absorb it in seems to only hold .011ml per square at most, when super-saturated. In order to dose 250ug per sheet, I'd need 11.5mg per ml solubility. Basically 23mg in 2ml = .253ug per blotter.

I need something which will hold a lot more mg per ml of the NBOME. Even if you don't know the numbers, I'm willing to do the work myself if someone can give me a good method for determining solubility. Do I just create at room temperature and continue adding solvent until all of it seems visually dissolved? I don't want to mess with eyeballing this stuff and thinking it's fully dissolved but finding out it's not.

Someone mentioned that the freebase is capable of dissolving at least 5mg per .1ml of white vinegar, which would easily meet my needs. However, I am not sure if this would apply to the HCl form - that was freebase, but what would happen to the HCl if dissolved in white vinegar? Anything adverse?

The HCl salt is soluble in water, use that.

The idea of using vinegar is that it converts the freebase to a salt, making it soluble in water. (Vinegar is mostly water)

I understand that it is soluble in water, but I thought it was only soluble up to 8mg/1ml. So based on his experimentation (5mg per .1ml of vinegar) would it be correct to assume that the HCl is actually much, much more soluble in water, up to say 5mg per .1 or .2ml of water?

Thanks for your response btw, so far I've gotten no responses on this stuff.

I had the HCL and found it fairly easy to get it mixed in. I was dosing for insufflated but wasn't working with measurements as small as yours.

Regarding the actual process. It didn't take much effort, threw it into distilled water, swirled it about and applied a small amount of heat. Within minutes it was ready to dose. Room temperature was fine, if you're noticing it isn't working a small amount of heat will do the job but don't apply too much. If that still doesn't work I would say leave for 12-24 hours and it will be ready. However I'm almost certain that as you believe distilled water wouldn't work for this and you're going to need something more soluble. Can't help with that though.

Yeah, I'm trying to dose this into some blotter squares I made for my friends. No way in hell they're going to snort anything up their nose. I tested it with 250ml/250ug and managed to get a pretty nice trip out of it, but it was a pain in the nose (haha) to keep everything up there, so I'd need a smaller amount. I'm just doing it blotter instead, so they'll do it with me. Heating is good for short-term dissolving, but I plan to soak enough squares in a solution to have the equivalent dosing at full saturation.

Well, I finally dug up a single, tiny post in another bluelight thread (been searching for days through google results) which mentioned dissolving 15ml 25C into 1ml of 80 proof vodka (40% ethanol). I think this was the final piece of information I've been looking for. With my new blotter material on the way (unsized waterleaf watercolor paper, the sized stuff is really a pain in the butt for absorption), it should be more than absorbent enough to allow for proper dosage soaking.

Perhaps you could link it here for anyone else looking for the same information?

Will do, I'll have to do it after work though!

I also spoke with someone in Sweden who was doing similar testing, and it appears he reached the same findings. I'm going to post up some step by step logs of my progress and testing soon. Things that might be useful for others trying to work with the blotter medium.

Well, disaster struck. I had the solution in the fridge to keep for a bit until more materials could arrive, and my roomate (who knew it was there, and knew not to touch it) ended up knocking it over sideways. Half of it dripped out onto the plate it was on, and more or less froze - the other half remained in the jar in the liquid solution. I tried to run a bit of hot water over the plate to dissolve it and collect it into one vessel, and perform a reduction on it through evaporation. I put the glass into a hot water bath and let it evaporate down, to no avail - it seems that there was an oily residue in the solution, and now that I've evapped it down, it seemed gone. No powder, just a residue on the bottom. I thought maybe I had the freebase after all (even though I was able to dissolve it in h20 at a 1mg/1ml ratio during first tests), so I added a bit of vinegar in hopes that it might convert to salt form if that was the case, and put it in the freezer. I figured it might freeze precipitate out (which was probably stupid, and non-scientific, but I had to try something).

As of right now, I think I actually might have a good portion of it in the bottom of the shot glass, but it looks a bit oily. I need to figure out a way to try and scrape this up and salvage whatever may be in it.

Any suggestions as to how I can get this stuff out of the glass and use some other reaction to force the salt to drop out of the oily residue? Maybe an acetone wash?

Am I getting this right? You collected the spilt liquid in the glass with the rest of the solution and evapped it together? And you ended with a little bit of oily residue?
If this is the case, are you sure it is really dry? Sometimes organic salts form thick liquids while the water is evaporating and then suddenly crystallize.

One reasonable approach would be adding a few drops of vinegar or other suitable acid in suitable concentration (in case it really was/is in freebase form; if it's a moist salt it won't hurt) and then diluting in vodka or ethanol/water. Problem is that you have no idea of it's concentration, so dosing is perhaps really dangerous.

Drying it out to scrape it up seems a bit risky too, since multiple doses could just fly around the room as fine dust during the process.
Don't forget to clean the fridge very very well ;)

More or less. I used a small amount of hot water to liquify the spilled amount, collected it all together, evapped it using a hot water bath around the container it was in, and it is just an oily, waxy residue in the bottom of the shot glass. I then put some vinegar into it, not much - put it in freezer to cool the solution in hopes it might help crystalization. Then I took it out, and let it air-evaporate slowly over the last two days - I don't think it's going to evap any more, honestly.

I've written it off, and have another batch on the way. It was stupid of me to trust my friend to be careful around it. Sometimes I want to b1tchslap him. In any case, I have a lot of tests coming up. I have some everclear ready for solubility testing as soon as it gets here. I don't know why anyone hasn't just done a straight up "This is how soluble 25C-Nbome is in ethanol, and water." post, so I guess I just have to do it myself. I will basically put 10mg into a vial, and add 50ul drops of ethanol and allow it to sonicate (with a sonic toothbrush attatchment) for a few hours, and keep adding more solution till I can finally note that it is 100% dissolved.

Then I will allow it to evap and test it again with water.

Because it's not necessary, only nice to know. Bear in mind that you need to accurately record the temperature, volume and purity of your solvent. If you're using a 1mg scale then you're already introducing a 10% margin of error like that.

Hi.
I was dreaming last night that my dog is trying to decide which way of portioning 0,1g 25C and 25I will be the best. But in the dream the dog was so stupid or knew too little when he was buying it, that he doesn't remember if it was freebase or HCL. And he was wondering how does he recognize it.
I think the dream was very important and I must understand its meaning, so.... Anybody can help?

Last edited:
Read the forum rules, dogs don't need to divide drugs. Maybe if you were a human trying to do the same thing it would be better?

And seriously, if you can't figure it out, (volumetric measurement) then you shouldn't play with these drugs anyway, you'll hurt yourself.

Hail ! first sorry my bad english....
Curious friend, have some similar dreams, but them my neighbor was this doubt.
the doubts and the next.
0.05g or 50mg or 50.000ug of nbome 25C HCL
25ml of a mixture for 50% H2O 50% isopropyl alcohol.
and wait evaporate in 50 blotters.
this would on average 0,001g or 1mg or 1.000ug by blotter.
In this dream my neighbor're right about your solution?
Best Regards

trying to lay blotters of this stuff is not for ametures or even professionals, from everything we have read it will not lay / dry / absorb evenly and is wrought with issues.

There is no dream there is only you and your life...... this is not the matrix, don't try to bend the spoon.

just ask here in the forum because we know that we can not play with this substance.

Now I beg you not take it personally the subject.
wanted to know if my neighbor this on track only.