• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos 20mg diazepam does NOTHING

aced126

Bluelighter
I've rarely used benzos in the past, a couple of times at most. Last time I used it was a couple of months ago. Just took 20mg diazepam on an empty stomach about 2 hours ago and it has done absolutely nothing. Negligible motor impairment. I guess I am in an anxiety-free state and relaxed but I was like that anyway. I feel no different to baseline, maybe very slightly more sociable (probably placebo). Is this expected? I'm 70kg and have normal tolerance to other classes of psychoactives.

Is this expected? Probably never going to try to catch a buzz from benzos again...

Also, I tested my reaction times before and 2 hours later and there is no difference (similar standard deviation).

Last edited:
that is pretty much expected, benzos don't make you feel anything

they destroy anxiety though

It can be very subtle with valium you kind of have to be accepting of it. I am on 10 mg a day and feel nothing unless I take 30-40 mg. I never go higher than 60 mg just because it makes me sloppy. and I really do need it for anxiety. I Try not to abuse the stuff I need.

...and not sure what the others are saying but I certainly catch a buzz from benzos... basically alcohol without the nasty hangover and other awful life ruining shit drinking caused me.

How much diazepam would you need to generate a buzz similar to like 120ml ethanol (where my body feels numb etc). 20mg did literally nothing. And I have 0 tolerance...

It varies depending on a lot of factors. If you are really anxious and not at all physically relaxed, it may work with a single pill - in case you are not tolerant.
But it´s hard to make a valid a absolute comparison. Even within different similar benzodiazepines you may experience different effects.
I´d start low. Valium has a long life time. And you may not feel it right away.

I always said Vallium was lame and it took way to high of a dose for either recreational or therapeutic effects.clonazepam is much better in my opinion

no point of taking valium if you seriously dont have any type of anxiety which valium does in fact kill any type of anxiety
valium along with most benzos honestly have zero rec value unless mixed with alcohol
hate seeing threads of people taking benzos to get high....wont happen they are made to calm you down nothing else

How much diazepam would you need to generate a buzz similar to like 120ml ethanol (where my body feels numb etc). 20mg did literally nothing. And I have 0 tolerance...

honestly better off drinking a shit ton of alcohol before you get a drunk type feeling from benzos

It varies depending on the person. I didn't use it to get high (I'm a psych guinea pig) but it was to get off of Klonopin many years ago. For the first couple of times taking it, I felt high and I remember randomly calling and texting people in my phone telling them all sorts of weird shit. The Valium eventually led me to be psych med free for a long time. Upon the second time taking Valium years later, I found that it would impair my respiratory system. Anything over 20 mg slowed my breathing down way too much. If I went any higher I would have died. I'm biased for sure but I think benzos suck. They are way too addictive and if there is no valid psychiatric use for them and you just want to get high, there's plenty of other stuff that isn't as dangerous.

i've never found valium - or any benzo, for that matter - to be particularly "fun", but they can be enormously helpful if you actually need them (anxiety, taken with clonidine to help with opioid withdrawal, etc.) But then, I've been taking 20 mg of diazepam bid and 2 mg of xanax bid, so I have a rather large tolerance built up...

Benzodiazepines are not drugs to be used recreationally, they will bite you in the ass with excessive usage. For instance if you are not anxiety prone already, excessive overuse of BZDs can lead to you developing an anxiety/panic disorder especially if you end up in withdrawals.

It's a bit of a double edged sword that BZDs are very "selective" drugs - by that I mean they essentially only target one type of receptor in your brain (benzodiazepine site on GABA-A receptors). What that means is they aren't anywhere near as recreational as something like ethanol (which is rather nonselective, not only a GABA-A agonist but also GABA-B agonist, dopamine reuptake inhibitor, NMDA/ion channel blocker, etc). But at the same time, they have a tendency to have much less in the way of side effects than less selective drugs (e.g. people can take Ativan as an anti-anxiety aid and still function - you couldn't do that with something like phenobarbital or chloral hydrate) So if you are expecting a similar high to getting sloshed, you will probably be disappointed taking benzos. Even if you increase the dosage, you're then going to risk blacking out if you don't know your limit, and that's a good way to end up hurting yourself somehow, or ending up arrested because of erratic behaviour in poublic, or being taken to the hospital because someone thinks you had a stroke...

BZD's are really better used as tools, than as toys, I say. It doesn't hurt to hold onto some especially if you dabble with psychedelics, 'cause they can be used to help ease bad trips, for instance. Or they can be useful on stimulant comedowns too. But I think eating just BZDs and expecting to have a good time is not going to please you.

(It's not a good idea to mix multiple depressants either, so don't go combining benzos and alcohol or benzos and opioids to "intensify" the high... not only is it an inherently risky act, ancedotes say that benzo usage will actually dull some of the euphoria, or so some people tell me)

no point of taking valium if you seriously dont have any type of anxiety which valium does in fact kill any type of anxiety
valium along with most benzos honestly have zero rec value unless mixed with alcohol
hate seeing threads of people taking benzos to get high....wont happen they are made to calm you down nothing else
I highly disagree on your statement saying benzos have zero recreational value. To me benzos are my number one choice for recreation. Yes I have an anxiety disorder so that's probably why, but I would prefer taking 4mg of clonazepam to get high over any other drug.

They put you at peace , the don't smash you or buzz knock u out at those dosage , theres a lot of fake blue "Roche " diazepam's getn round lately