I'm not really sure how the NHL reaches some of it's decisions

either way, it's still the best sport nobody watches

NSFW:

random things I want to happen this year

071813_PST_HILLARY_LECAVALIER_PKGBESTVIDEO_640x360_37806147528.jpg

tumblr_ly7wxs77Bp1r21bjmo1_500.gif

tumblr_lxuvlsYKOs1r21bjmo1_500.gif

weise-o.gif

Life long Hawks fan here, grew up playing the game. Really gonna miss the Hawks v Detroit games but I actually hate the Blues more. I remember being so conflicted when I was younger because I loved Brett Hull but he played for the fucking blues.

As for the NHL making dumb decisions well....

I just don't get how Detroit falls into the Atlantic conference, making the Eastern conf have 16 and the West 14. its basic math like this is what happens when a sport is dominated by Canadians.

I wish theyd go back to the older logos too a lot of the news one look pretty generic and the one scheme that I did like (Buffalo) went back to their original logo although I think that happened like 2 years ago

its hard to keep track of nhl seasons anymore with lockouts and threats of lockouts and my team being out of the playoffs

I do like that they got ray emery back as a backup goalie (I think? its hard to keep track of goalie depth charts too but Mason should be starter? idk either way im cool with it)

if razor was healthy for the 2010 playoffs I think they could have won the whole thing, fucking avascular necrosis seriously how does that happen

So many offseasons moves to keep track of. I don't even know half the rosters anymore. I can honestly say I have no idea go is going to be good or not, a lot of moving around, injuries, and retirements.
But as a Canucks and Devils fan, I hope both teams go far. It'll take me awhile to get back into the swing of puck season though.

Man this year is starting off pretty bad but at least its not the goalie's fault this year I actually like Mason.

And my western conference team the Sharks are just steamrolling teams right now. that shootout win last night was pretty entertaining to watch. Good to see the Avalanche back in form too, I always liked the Quebec Nordiques

possibly the most bizarre spectacle (fuck I just butchered both of those two words) in any of the major sports

Goalie Fights

pwk2.gif

o2i.gif

not cool with the punches to the back of the head though Rayzor, way to set the team back like 40+ years to when it was only cool because they did it against the Soviet Union

speaking of that, they made a damn movie about the US Olympic team in 1980 beating the russians but it had already happened 4 years earlier

that check was clean the russian guy just got some ice in his vagina

and then when they weren't gonna get paid they ravel back out and get even more embarrassed

'Merica

damn this is why I love hockey, such a nice goal to watch. if you do it right, the third touch in hockey should usually be a goal scoring chance. and if the goalie somehow makes a ridiculous save on that, well thats pretty sick to watch too.

they're taking over every sport now, it was only a matter of time really

I can't get used to the Red Wings not being in the West. It's weird.

I'm a Sharks fan. Have some Hertl =D%)

Sharks are my Western Conference team as of last year's playoffs. They got a nice mix of solid veterans and promising young players. No idea why Detroit got moved to the east (see: third post)

flyers have been decent as of late, but it's a long season. Not even gonna lie my sports in order of interest goes NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB. And there's a pretty big gap between the NBA and NHL but I grew up around hockey and have been to many ice rinks growing up watching my brother play. His junior year of high school I actually used to keep track of the box scores for the team sometimes, and I still contend that ice hockey is the best sport to watch in person.

Never really played much myself, I was a good skater I just didnt like all the travel that came with it. I don't think my parents were too bummed I chose to play soccer instead, the field we played on was usually within 10 mins from our house. A typical travel ice hockey commute was usually an hour + each way, through a whole lotta nothing.

ok im just gonna talk to myself about hockey again this year, its all good. Lead a horse to water and all that

flyers look a lot better since the coaching change, I really like Mason in net and Rayzor is a good backup/fighter(nah not really but he is a decent backup). Still lacking a defenseman who can join the offensive rush (fuck you Nashville and Shea Webber & associates, why do you even need a hockey team?)

speaking of places that dont need a Hockey team, it makes me sad to see cities with no interest in the NhL have stacked teams. Sports karma doesnt exist in the NHL, just hot goalies come playoff time and 8 seed cup Winners

but I'll still watch until they fold over lack of finances. I want to drive a zamboni at least once in my life

greatest hockey movie of all time is still the Mighty Ducks imo, miracle was kind of hyped up for patriotic reasons

best sport nobody watches, telling you guys

I dont know how to feel about this Stadium Series thing they're pushing now. Outdoor games are cool and all, but when you have this many in one year it kind of takes away from the uniqueness of it considering they're still just regular season games when you look at it from afar. Ducks and Kings played in 63 degree weather in Dodger stadium last night. That's cool and all and a great testament to modern technology but is it really where the sport belongs?

Depends on who you ask I guess, I'm no purist but for a sport that's played on top of ice youd expect at least a sweatshirt kind of environment.

Speaking of the Stadium Series, got reminded a little bit ago of how Patrik Elias has just been ruining my hockey viewing experience basically since I can remember. Hockey players are the longest tenured in any sport on average outside of NFL kickers / punters imo. Because its not even about physical ability. Somewhat I guess since every sport requires physical ability but hockey its really not a dealbreaker.

Stick sports are always going to be a more level playing field because anyone can have good genes and run a 4.45 40 yard dash while having hands the size of dinner plates. You have to truly have skill to master a stick sport, and once you do, you'll never be unable to dominate. The only way to do that is to have one in your hand over and over again, and that just doesn't happen when it's 63 fucking degrees outside.

its just something cool, and its a ploy to draw in a bigger audience to the NHL..im all for it.

almost playoff time and the flyers are about to go into a shootout with the bruins on national tv

best 1v1 event in sports, even baseball hitting is situational. There is no other situation in a shootout, you score, or you dont

soccer penalty kicks give a massive advantage to the shooter

damn you patrice bergeron, get bent

While Sidney Crosby is far and away the MVP of the NHL this year, I cant help but say Claude Giroux is just a more likable player. And while it's not exactly Sidney's fault the NHL has more or less made him the face of the league, he's almost in the Lebron James category of people hate him solely because he is the face of the league.

Ovechkin is up there as well but he doesn't really make his teammates that much better, more of a pure goal scorer. Stamkos is in the same boat

Giroux and Crosby both are willing passers and, IMO, the two best players in the league right now. You can make arguments for Ryan Getlzaf, Tyler Seguin, more or less anyone on the Blackhawk's first two lines, but its all just arguments. I'll take Cload

not to mention there's been talks of banning him from shootouts

get the water bottle straps out faigut

my early pick to win the 2013-2014 Stanley Cup is the.....

NSFW:
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

mostly because why the fuck not

honestly there isnt a result that would surprise me in the nhl playoffs

blackhawks are still pretty good, the west is going to be tough to come out of