GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012 PGA thread v. green jackets and slow greens

China Rider

Bluelighter
what happened to the golf thread?

why did i have to make a new one?

anyway

2012 starting off promising, my man with that jerry lundegard 'fargo' accent is about to be the first winner of the new season

a public private message to chickenscratch:

fuck your boy david toms, i took him in fantasy this week and he's blowing it for me, all my other hackers are getting it done

predictions for 2012:
tiger will win one tournament, but it won't be a major
usa gets it done at the ryder cup
rory mcelroy doesn't score in the top 5 at any major
john daly either dies or retires
as of right now eels and goosen are not eligible for the masters, i don't think either of them win before april, but perhaps get a special invite

hey buddy.

as far as sports, this is really all i got at the moment. getting pumped for the west coast swing.

torrey pines>phoenix open very soon.

i hate to admit it, but i don't have much faith in Toms this year. i think last year was his window of opportunity and it's closing.

fuck my broken ass foot, i need to play golf soon. the good news is, i plan on spending a few weekends laid up doing nothing but watching golf.

eat it sabatini. you faggot.

oohhh, and the pga championship is back at the ocean course this year.

fuck, i'd like to go to that. i actually played that course with my dad when i was in HS.

USA team certainly owe ye a win at this stage. 1 win in 13 years in pretty terrible. Another loss could send Hunter "tiny tears" Mahan over the edge.

Not much of a McIlroy fan China?

yeah golf is all i have too, i was excited for college hoops but an 0-4 start to the big ten season for the gophers, /season

baseball? nl central is up for grabs, except for my bucs

college football, minnesota should just drop the program

but we got pga, where i'm allowed to be a whore and have a variety of players to attach to

i don't like rory, or his jerk off irish accent, nor his jerk off interviews

i hate almost all brits in golf, luke donald and ross fisher are tolerable

most hated player is probably bubba watson, i never want to see that cry baby, pink shafted, bible banging faggot win again

i love the west coast swing, torrey pines, tpc scottsdale and riviera are fun tournaments that draw good fields

can't wait for the match play tournament, highlights last year were tiger losing to bjorn and ben crane beating rory like 7 and 6

i would like to see tommy gainey get his first win this year, came so close a few times last year

i don't like rory, or his jerk off irish accent, nor his jerk off interviews

i hate almost all brits in golf, luke donald and ross fisher are tolerable

I must admit even i hate Rorys jerk off accent and im Irish!! Its not nearly as bad as GraemeMcDowells though. Wait until McIlroys on the PGA tour for a couple of years and it becomes Half Irish-Half Yank. I'd be surprised if he didnt finish top 5 of any major though. Hes hugely talented and playing in the States this year will help him a lot. Think Adam Scott will win a major this year.

I dont theres anyone more irritable and dislikable in sport than Ian Poulter. Unbelievable fucking wankstain.

I forgot David Toms even existed until he came 2nd in the Players Championship and i nearly felt a little bit sorry he didnt win until i saw his wife. Dirty looking bitch, id say she would suck a pool ball through a 10 foot garden hose. Sweeeeeeeet!

Last edited:
i love hearing graeme talk, ironically, and i like him as a player, that was bad ass 2 years ago or so when he nailed that same putt twice in a row to beat tiger at his own tournament

i'm a pretty big martin laird fan, he's very consistent player, wouldn't be surprised to see him at least make a push during a major, weird that he's the only relevant scot on tour

and yeah i think adam scott is very capable of winning a major, funny how much his game has stepped up since picking up stevie williams on caddie, from what i saw during the presidents cup(first two days) he was lethal, sweet sweet swing and he's really finding his stroke with that belly putter

steve elkington is my favorite golfer, mainly because of his awesome interviews on jim rome's radio show, dude is fucking hilarious and his swing is sooo silky, i wish i could have been a fan during the times he was an actual contender, he still plays a decent amount of tournaments considering his age, but last year he missed most cuts, step up your game this year elk!

glad he at least has a major victory ('95 pga championship@ rivieria)

the british accent is the worst known speech to man kind, even worse than the unpleasing mouths of the US south, new england, and new jersey

the best accents are outta canada and the northern section of the mid west

i just watched fargo for like the 10th time a few days ago, god i love those exaggerated accents, 'ya'uhhh'

i don't really think there's such a thing as a 'british' accent. off the top of my head, i can think of about 10 accents from around the uk which are quite distinct.

alasdair

i can think of about 10 accents from around the uk which are quite distinct.

Theres probably 10 accents in the North of England alone, nevermind Scotland or Wales. Ireland is even worse.

because they're british, right? ;)

Britain only includes England, Scotland, Wales. Anywho, I know you're only pulling the piss, but the only person it really matters to, is the man himself. I couldnt give a flying fuck if hes Aboriginal. I am a fan. Just like i dont care how many birds Tiger took up the Richter or if Favre jipped his load on some birds face, i am a fan. Doesnt really matter for anyone when the Ryder Cup comes along? "Youve got Big Mac, We've got little Mac". I was lucky enough to get a ticket in 2010.

People embarrass themselves enough over here, when we're talking about Hurling, Rugby, Football, Gaelige Football, especially Football but in my view Golf does not come into it. Rant over!:D

fucking brandt snedeker, the come back kid. owning torrey pines yesterday.

i really like snedeker, good kid and a tennesseean to boot.

feel bad for kyle stanley, but i have a feeling we'll be seeing more of him.

also, it appears that tiger looked good at abu dhabi. he kind of blew it at the end, but a solid showing all around.

i thought today i was going to come in here to express my concerns regarding the drama free the season up until this point

i'm pissed, i watched a good bunch of torrey, and since it seemed like it was over i stopped watching when stanely was on the 7th

ka-boom

i was rooting against stanely just because he was winning, but would have rather see him get his first W than snedeker win

not that i have anything against brandt

on to Phoenix, hope somebody aces 16 again, like jared lyle last year

i hate how the final round is superbowl sunday, i know what i'll be watching if there's a close round 4

phoenix open is such a sick tournament. i use to go when i lived out there, great times.

my old man hates it, but that's because he's crotchety old conservative. i love the idea of having a rowdy stadium on one hole, and the players obviously have fun with it too.

cr...super bowl doesn't start till 6:30 EST, so unless it goes into a play off, you should be fine.

kyle stanley.....the man is on fire.

pretty ugly finish all around yesterday, but he pulled it out. the kid has game.

pebble beach pro/am this week.

bubba watson bought the original general lee for 110k.

c0123bubba.jpg