• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2010-11 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joel is no match for Noah down low.

Joel may be shelved in favor of Dampier. 6'9" may not suffice against Noah's length. Anthony did not play in their March 6 meeting

The series will hinge on one of Jamaal Magloire's elbows. My hunch is the left elbow.

Miami+Heat+v+Los+Angeles+Lakers+jG68vMeNTazl.jpg

(damn, Fisher was ripped back in the day)

Joel may be shelved in favor of Dampier. 6'9" may not suffice against Noah's length. Anthony did not play in their March 6 meeting

The series will hinge on one of Jamaal Magloire's elbows. My hunch is the left elbow.

Miami+Heat+v+Los+Angeles+Lakers+jG68vMeNTazl.jpg

(damn, Fisher was ripped back in the day)

Yeah, Dampier got some rest in these playoffs.

Also, I expect Big Z to be more effective against The Bulls. He sucks against the Celtics, but he is better matched for playing against Noah.

It will be a tough ass series though. Can't wait for this motherfucker to tip off.

Doesn't somebody on here still have an East vs. West avatar bet with me? Last chance to call it off, if you scurrred.

By the way, the avatar is the one I'm using. If The East wins the playoffs, you got to sport this Heat avatar for a month. I figured I could have been cruel and made it a Mavs avatar (since they knocked yo ass out), but I don't like to be mean.

Last edited:
Ah great. A Basketball thread :D

I know so few people around here who follow NBA. It's depressing that there is literally no coverage in the UK! There used to be on Channel Five, but after it got axed I stopped following basketball for a year and a bit. All signed up with the NBA League Pass Player now though.

Found myself drawn to following the Bulls when I started watching again, before I even knew they had gotten this good since I left! Had no idea who Derrick Rose was but just loved seeing him and the Bulls playing so that's my team now. :)

Was bloody glad to see Boozer back on top form again last night. When Boozer, Noah and Rose are all playing at their best, they definitely seem like the best in the league. I feel they've been scraping through a little too much in the Playoffs though, they just seem a bit unsure. I only saw the end of the regular season, where they seemed on fire but I'm assuming it's lack of consitency in scoring potential that gets them?

Ah great. A Basketball thread :D

I know so few people around here who follow NBA. It's depressing that there is literally no coverage in the UK! There used to be on Channel Five, but after it got axed I stopped following basketball for a year and a bit. All signed up with the NBA League Pass Player now though.

Found myself drawn to following the Bulls when I started watching again, before I even knew they had gotten this good since I left! Had no idea who Derrick Rose was but just loved seeing him and the Bulls playing so that's my team now. :)

Was bloody glad to see Boozer back on top form again last night. When Boozer, Noah and Rose are all playing at their best, they definitely seem like the best in the league. I feel they've been scraping through a little too much in the Playoffs though, they just seem a bit unsure. I only saw the end of the regular season, where they seemed on fire but I'm assuming it's lack of consitency in scoring potential that gets them?

always love to see people from across the pond with an interest in american bball. spot on with boozer. when rose can get boozer involved this team is damn hard to beat because their defence is so overwhelming. rose is going to need to play at his mvp level every game next series to beat miami.

I have to say, since the start of the playoffs, miami has consistently gotten better, wade is a proven winner but lebron has actually outshined wade this post season imo and this is coming from the guys biggest skeptic. what put miami over the edge though was the huge step up in game from Joel anthony and jon jones. im still not sold on bosh.

theres reason to doubt both teams though. Miami has the same issues at its core its had all year, no legit PG and a bench thats not really much of a threat to anyone. but the bulls have no #2 "create their own shot" type of guy

if I had to pick one team to win the series though it would be the bulls by a hair. just because I feel like the penitration of rose will get things going for other guys and while the heat obviously have 2 of the 3 best players in the series the bulls are the more well rounded team. their frontline will annoy bosh and since its going to be a very defensive series thats too much load on lebron and wade especially with chicago having the better bench.

miami's philosophy will be hold down roses points = chicago has no offence. but to hold rose down will take a monumental amount of energy possible from dwade which would bring wades game down as well, once again leaving alot on lebron and bosh to have monster games while the bulls will have a handfull of guys that can give you those 15 point games.

its going to be a great series.

Last edited:
Doesn't somebody on here still have an East vs. West avatar bet with me? Last chance to call it off, if you scurrred.

By the way, the avatar is the one I'm using. If The East wins the playoffs, you got to sport this Heat avatar for a month. I figured I could have been cruel and made it a Mavs avatar (since they knocked yo ass out), but I don't like to be mean.

Yup, you're still on. Title is staying in the West.

lebron has actually outshined wade this post season imo and this is coming from the guys biggest skeptic.

Wade vs Boston (40mpg)

30.2pts/4.8ast/6.8reb/2stl/3.0 TOs 52% shooting, 76% FT shooting

LeBron vs Boston (44mpg)

28.0pts/3.6ast/8.2reb/1.8stl /3.4TOs 47% shooting, 66% FT shooting

Last edited:
So there's a slight lift in wades stats, lebron actually was the one who closed the game out in the later games of the series. just seemed like wade was defering to LbJ towards the end. It's really going to be interesting who defers to who in this next series.

Wade should always have the option at the end of a game. Especially a playoff game. Wade has proven he can win a ring without Lebron. James hasn't proven he can without Wade. Wade is probably the best player going, why keep the ball out of his hands?

Wade should always have the option at the end of a game. Especially a playoff game. Wade has proven he can win a ring without Lebron. James hasn't proven he can without Wade. Wade is probably the best player going, why keep the ball out of his hands?

^^^^.

I agree,

all im saying is wade chose to kind of be second to james in the final minutes of a few crucial games that series, and james delivered (unlike years of the past) I can give the man credit for that.

Grizzlies gonna Griz. Their D was really strong, Battie and Allen are fun to watch defend. Not impressed with KD, that was a big game and he choked. 11 points on 3-14 shooting (took 9 threes too). That was not a superstar performance or anywhere close to it.

First game 7 of the playoffs!

He's young and has never had a deep playoff run. This has to be expected on some level. I'm sure he will show up for game seven and be himself. I still like OKC to win the series.

The East finals will be wild. I can see anything happen. Miami winning 4-1,Chicago winning 4-1, or a game seven. Wouldn't be surprised. It just seems an 06 rematch is creeping in, so I'm picking Miami in 6.

He's young and has never had a deep playoff run. This has to be expected on some level. I'm sure he will show up for game seven and be himself. I still like OKC to win the series.

The East finals will be wild. I can see anything happen. Miami winning 4-1,Chicago winning 4-1, or a game seven. Wouldn't be surprised. It just seems an 06 rematch is creeping in, so I'm picking Miami in 6.

YouTube - Kevin Durant PHANTOM FOUL call

If he's getting these calls on the road, I wonder how game 7 is gonna go down in OKC. They always get ridiculous home cooking.

For more on this topic, here is an excellent site. I can't check it out all the time though or it seriously ruins the game for me.

^FUCK. YEAH. I was at a bar tonight in the chicago area and the place was raucous! Great time. Everyone went crazy with that Taj Gibson put back. Great fucking game (I swear that's not that beer or coke talking!)

^FUCK. YEAH. I was at a bar tonight in the chicago area and the place was raucous! Great time. Everyone went crazy with that Taj Gibson put back. Great fucking game (I swear that's not that beer or coke talking!)

Hahaha.

Man that Bulls defense was so amazing, real fun to watch. Your size and depth is killin Miami too, just like I thought. Thibs can make em pay when Miami goes big or small.

edit:

11gukav.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.