• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos 20 mg of Xanax later...

MGSyde

Greenlighter
Today I took upwards of 20 mgs of alprazolam. I got no nods , did not pass out. Just had a general euphoria. This can't be all tolerance as sometimes 4 mgs will put me out. Have I screwed myself for good here or what?

You're wasting xanax is what's going on. Even after 5 years being on 4mg plus a day prescribed, 6mg would still get me feeling good. Maybe you have a ceiling where you're not going to get any more high after a certain dose. Maybe you had bunk pills, unless you picked them up at the pharm. It is odd though that you didn't get knocked on your ass...ever tried taking 1/4 to 1/3 your dose and a beer? That always got me where I wanted to go

You'll live to tell another tale. Your tolerance no doubt increase.

When I was taking benzos to get high I found I could take large doses and not particularly feel any higher. I think they're pretty rubbish in large doses if you're searching for a high.

You just don't recognize how fucked up you actually are. This is very common with Benzos, especially at ridiculous doses. Outstanders would notice immediately you slurring your words and such.

May I ask why you took such an excessive amount?

Outstanders would notice immediately you slurring your words and such.

So true. I used to take just 2-4mg of xanax.. and i would feel all good.. and i leterally lost friends while doing the dumbest most stupidest shit i have ever done. thought i was completely in control.. and would be told the next day how i said such and such and did this.. and had no memory of it. xanax is a powerful fucking benzo. i dont think its possible 20mg had no effect, even if u had a big tolerance.

You just don't recognize how fucked up you actually are. This is very common with Benzos, especially at ridiculous doses. Outstanders would notice immediately you slurring your words and such.

May I ask why you took such an excessive amount?

THIS.

Benzos have a way of sneaking up on you. If you skip past the first bit of euphoria you can actually lose all of the euphoria all together. Then you keep popping more and more and more. Unfortunately all you did was raise you tolerance, and waste a ton of pills. Stick to your normal dosage and don't fuck with it. If it didn't work for you, then re-dosing will not get you any higher. So just try not to repeat this. Are you sure you did not blackout at all? Maybe you did toward the end but just did not realize you were missing time because you were not doing much more than chilling?

that is a time traveling dose. Its like terminator one except going into the future instead of the past. You are going to end up there, but you are going to be naked and in jail.

Agree with Zerwas, when I take up to 6 mg of xanax I barely notice any effect, but people eg my parents automatically pick up on the effects, slurred speech, wobbling, talking shit etc..... I thought I was bad with a habit of 6 to 8 mg a day, what you took was ridiculously dangerous, why would you want to do that to yourself? You're threading on dangerous territory,please don't do it again, stay safe xxx

Today I took upwards of 20 mgs of alprazolam. I got no nods , did not pass out. Just had a general euphoria. This can't be all tolerance as sometimes 4 mgs will put me out. Have I screwed myself for good here or what?
Maybe it's time to enter a detox? I mean shit I have high tolerance to drugs and that dose would kill me twice over.If u take that much and aren't getting euphoria sounds to e like the party is over. I was shooting 3-4 bundles of heroin a day and all it was was keeping me well so I started adding some IV coke and smoking crack for my buzz and when that wasn't cutting it throw in some alcohol,but my point is when you reach a certain point more won't cut it you've reached the summit nothing left but to climb back down or keep fucking around and say hello to John Lennon for me!

I took 6mg and pharna ones and felt mild sedations

I only take 2wice a week but inthink ive fucked my tollerance. Can high doses fuck tollerance for ever???
Thanks dandypandy.

It's really hard to gauge how high you are on benzos. You don't see it but others do.

I had many times where I thought I was completely fine, later to find out by others' testimony that I was slurring so bad I sounded like I drank a fifth of vodka and shot dope. Also many times thought I was fine, did insane stuff, and woke up the next day going "omg did I really say/do that? oh well pop some more" and after using again everything I had done would "make sense" again in benzo land.

That being said, if you downed 20mg in one go (hell, even over 12 hours) without blacking out, you have a bit of a tolerance goin' there. Either that or your pills were bunk.

agreed your tolerance seens extremely high, maybe try a taper just to get the dosages lower and more bearable. The most benzo i have taken in a 24 hr span was about 70mg valium and 8mg alzam and 2mg triazolam. And yes it made me a drunken idiot even without noticing. You might feeel fine but the outside persoective of other people will tell a different story. Just be carefull and really try to bring your dose down and ween of more as possible as high dosages like that is not needed and just plain dangerous, all this coming from a HR point of view.

People actually get euphoria from xanax/benzos?

Really?

Benzos really aren't drugs that are going to "get you high".. at least not in the true sense like opioids or cannabis would.

^^ xanax will definitely get you “high” it’s just in a different way. I think the high that benzos give is the euphoria of having no inhibitions and feeling like you can do and say whatever you want. When I’m high on benzos I feel no shame or guilt or embarrassment about anything, It’s an amazing feeling of freedom. The times that I’ve gone over like 4mg in a day I didn’t notice any extra high, I just felt content an happy, but just like everyone else said, all the people around me could tell I was fucked up and said I was acting drunk. Such a crazy drug. I have a love hate relationship with them. Love the feeling they give but hate the stupid shit that I end up doing on them. Oh and hate the withdrawals. Xanax withdrawal was the worst week of my life.

^^ xanax will definitely get you “high” it’s just in a different way. I think the high that benzos give is the euphoria of having no inhibitions and feeling like you can do and say whatever you want. When I’m high on benzos I feel no shame or guilt or embarrassment about anything, It’s an amazing feeling of freedom. The times that I’ve gone over like 4mg in a day I didn’t notice any extra high, I just felt content an happy, but just like everyone else said, all the people around me could tell I was fucked up and said I was acting drunk. Such a crazy drug. I have a love hate relationship with them. Love the feeling they give but hate the stupid shit that I end up doing on them. Oh and hate the withdrawals. Xanax withdrawal was the worst week of my life.
Perhaps everyone's subjective idea of what a "high" is, is different.
I've taken xanax plenty of times and am currently prescribed klonopin and never feel the need to abuse it or use it for a 'high'. It's never euphoric for me. In fact, because benzo's lower the amount of neurotransmitters in the brain, it can actually dull the euphoria of other drugs. Of course relief from anxiety & panic attacks is a pretty damn good feeling, but I guess I am so use to heroin euphoria that I can't compare anything else to it. Benzo's often make me feel like a zombie, make me sleepy, bored, dull, etc.. To each their own I guess.