• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants 2 week meth binge gone wrong

yelnatstanley

Greenlighter
hey everyone! definitely not new to BL but i haven’t been around for a year or so. with that being said, about this time last year i quit doing meth completely. i was at one time a frequent IV user. that was until about 3 weeks ago. i’m now at the ass end of my binge and bag as i’m writing this. when i started this endeavor i got high as fuck with my friend at the end of my shift. i felt great but i decided that was enough. i didn’t really want to revisit my past in any type of way and that was some of my best thinking. however, as a few days went by my friend at work keeps giving me free shit, and of course i take it with out any thought and stash it. i collected the bags that he gave me throughout the week and started my binge that weekend. the first few of days were great. i got as high as i wanted to and made sure to get some sleep cause im no amateur. i probably did a .5-0.75g the first week. this week, the second week, i got a sack on Saturday and went through it fast because i just thought it was shitty dope. i got a different sack, different person, and still can’t get high. i’m just doing it so i can function like supposed to, but i don’t feel high at all. i can’t understand how i’m feeling like this when i don’t remember feeling this way when i did meth full time over a year ago. i am on 10mg of Lexapro but that’s such a sm all dose so i don’t think that is the problem. obviously i’m not going to buy anymore but how did this happen so quick?

I tried meth once and nothing could bring me down. I hate it so that works well for me. Maybe where you have been clean so long ots affecting you like a new user.
I would tell that co worker to stop offering it.
You did awesome getting clean and you should stick with that
We both know how damaging addiction is.
I wish you the best of luck and be safe

thank you for your encouragement, really. it’s crazy how i feel validated getting support from a complete stranger, but fuck it i do! quick update, i’m roughly 36 hours from my last hit of shit and surprisingly i feel amazing. sure i have a headache and my appetite isn’t back up to par. i feel as if it i’m more sociable with friends and genuinely interested in their lives as well as my own. i don’t know if that makes any sense to you. usually i’m somewhat withdrawn and sorta just go through the motions. maybe this binge wasn’t so bad because it put my life in perspective. i feel immense gratitude. things could always be worse and i don’t see meth in my future. thanks for your reply

So being a heavy crack user, and occasional heavy amp binger, i can tell you, you dont feel high due to, when high for so many days even with sleep, eventually the high makes you feel normal usually when my crack doesnt get me high anymore and is just keeping me up, i wrap up the binge which is usually 3-6 days no sleep, and another example would ve my opiates, been on em for years, now my morning dose feels a slight buzz but makes me feel normal, where it would make someone else insta nod

i agree! i definitely have been there once in my life. for a couple of years in my early 20s i was a heavy meth, and heroin user. i picked up a bad stimulate problem then it progressed to doing half gram shots of meth several times a day/days. i also liked to keep heroin around (amongst other demons) to bring me down when things plateaued for me on upper’s. although this heavy usage stopped 2 years ago. i smoked with meth a year ago and it was the tits for like a whole week. the only vice i have had this past year has been weed and beer. now, fast forward to this week and i feel like this binge started off great. i got a nice phat ass shard and smoked and snorted off it for a week. when the second week came around though there was no more magic. no banging it this time although i know deep down that’s why my bell just didn’t ring right. im not willing to do that at this point though, or hopefully anytime soon

annnnnd after doing some research i think the generic Lexapro i’m taking may have something to do with it....lol

thank you for your encouragement, really. it’s crazy how i feel validated getting support from a complete stranger, but fuck it i do! quick update, i’m roughly 36 hours from my last hit of shit and surprisingly i feel amazing. sure i have a headache and my appetite isn’t back up to par. i feel as if it i’m more sociable with friends and genuinely interested in their lives as well as my own. i don’t know if that makes any sense to you. usually i’m somewhat withdrawn and sorta just go through the motions. maybe this binge wasn’t so bad because it put my life in perspective. i feel immense gratitude. things could always be worse and i don’t see meth in my future. thanks for your reply

Thats why i love this site, when i was going through methadone detox it meant the world to me when people i didn't know showed concern. Definitely lifts your spirits and knowing you have that support from people who have been there makes alot of difference.
Im happy your feeling better:)

^^i think I've heard lexapro can interfere with a meth high .

Well done on your clean time, and for not picking up the needle.

I think you're on the verge now... Believe me I've relapsed on all manner of drugs enough to spot it.

I'd tell your pal to stop feeding you meth (this will be hard!) Are they a good friend who knows your addiction past and recovery? If so, they sound a bit dodgy, sorry to say.

Good luck! Don't beat yourself up too much for the lapse, but realise that it was a bad idea and move on.

My advice anyway. Take care brotha/sista