• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos 2 questions: how long to taper and alternatives to Valium

kjemiker

Greenlighter
Okay, as the title states, I have 2 questions for you guys.

1. I understand everyone is different, some take longer to taper, and some take a quicker time to taper. But just in general, how long would it take to taper off of 40mg of daily Valium use? Mind you, I've only been on 40mg for 2 months. I've only been on 30mg for 5 months. From early February 2021 to early on in 2018, the majority of my time I've been on 15mg daily. Please correct me if I'm wrong,, But I think the beginning of the taper process will be relatively quick, But then I would need to start the real deal taper at 15mg since that's where I spent the majority of my time on.

What do you guys think? Putting aside everyone being different, generally speaking, what might you guess my time frame would be? I'm in pain management, and the doctor said no to opioids because of the Valium. That's basically cutting out one portion of treatment that could actually be the answer. I suffer from crippling pain, but I won't go into those details here. He wants me to go through bullshit treatments that I've already done before. And I told him that, and he still ordered the same fucking treatments again. He did mention acupuncture but I don't like the idea of a shitload of needles in my back. I have a fear of needles ever since I was a kid.

Anyway, pain management aside, how long to get off this shit as described above?

Question 2: if I decide to stay on benzos, what is a good alternative to Valium? I don't feel it's working anymore. I feel most of the time I just take it to avoid withdrawals. Although I went 7 days without it and experienced zero withdrawals. Is there a legit pharmaceutical to replace Valium? No Klonopin... it works but makes me moderately depressed. And no RC benzos please, I am not nor will ever be interested in it. I mean, knowing all the US benzos, to me things are looking grim. But would still appreciate your guys' input.

Thank you for any help.