View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2-methoxyphenethylamine

Iodjini_dk

Bluelighter
I'm sorry if there's another thread about it, but I tried the search with no luck. Dose anyone have info about this compund? I don't know much about drug interactions with the brain in general, but based on other compunds I've read about I doubt this compound would even be active.

Enlighten me please:)

It seems likely to me this would be a stimulant of some sort.

I may be mistaking it with something else, but I thought her was referring to the 2C-E derivative.

^I think they are under the TOM-headings.

2-Methoxy-PEA sounds more like a precursor then a drug.

It's 5-Bromo-2-methoxyphenethylamine without the 5-bromo group. Just another type of phenethylamine.
see:
2045-79-6.gif

I imagine it'll just make you trip out similar to 2c-b, 2c-e, or 2c-i. Or if may trip you out like 2c-p. And if it's similar to 2c-p then it has a very low safety threshold (meaning the line between tripping and ODing is very thin). It is most chemically similar to 2c-h by chemical name.
So if you've got some try taking making 5-7mg at first, wait the entire day to see if it causes effects, if it didn't do anything double your dose, if so up it 1 mg at a time just as a precaution.

I'm no chemist but i do agree with swilow, it looks like a precursor, but may still have some effects.

5-7 mg?

When starting trials with a completely unknown drug, that is far too much. Try starting more like 500µg or something.

...there do seem to be quite a lot of 'precursors' being shunted about these days- usually inactive on own, but with some cookin' thems work.

There is no way that this chemical would be orally active, it would be destroyed by MAO almost instantly.

Perhaps I will safe this for when he finishes his bachelor decree. I recons it will be far more usefull to him at that time given it's a useable precursor :)

don't use SWIM pls- swilow

Last edited by a moderator:
What precisely do you intend to make from it? I don't see much potential.

given it's a useable precursor

I dont know really. I'm still a novice in chemistry, but I figured one would be able to put another methoxy group on the 5th position and Br on the 4th, that would indeed make it a far more interesting compound. But as I said, I have yet to learn a lot about organic synthesis and perhaps there is a far easier way than using this "precursor". At least I figured it would be better than just throwing it in the dumpster.

phenethylamine on its own is not active, 2C-H (2,5-dimethoxy-phenethylamine) is not active, so i highly doubt that a phenethylamine with only one methoxy group would show any activity.

ungelesene_bettlek said:
phenethylamine on its own is not active, 2C-H (2,5-dimethoxy-phenethylamine) is not active, so i highly doubt that a phenethylamine with only one methoxy group would show any activity.

I disagree it's quite active at high dosing 1.5 grams and higher.

PEA is active. I prefer dark chocolate *shrugs*. 1.5grams must have produced a +++ on the headache scale;)?

I hope no one is thinking about wasting 1.5g 2c-h by eating it.

I have always theorized that 2C-H is a great psychedelic, similar to 2C-C or 2C-D, but active at doses of around 1.5g instead of the usual 5mg to 250mg that phenethylamine psychedelics require. Nobody's ever tested my theory though - not a single human trial of 2C-H has ever been found to be reported when I looked for them. It may even take an MAOI to activate it...