Jase

Bluelight Crew
I'm trying to work out if 2-CI is classified by the misuse of Drugs Act 1971

There was an amendment to in 2001 that made the following Class A:

4-Iodo-2,5-dimethoxy-á-methylphenethyl(dimethyl)amine

Is this 2-CI?

Thanks

Jason

Under the amendment, the following substances are now listed in the UK's Misuse of Drugs Act:

...4-Iodo-2,5-dimethoxy-a-methylphenethyl(dimethyl)amine

Very comprehensive source

I e-mailed a friend who is from the UK and extremely knowledgable about research chems to see if this is indeed 2-ci and will get back to you.

Hmm, I take back what I said about designer drug laws, thats a very sly addition:

(d) any compound (not being methoxyphenamine or a compound for the time being specified in sub-paragraph (a) above) structurally derived from phenethylamine, an N-alkylphenethylamine, α-methylphenethylamine, an N-alkyl-α-methylphenethylamine, α-ethylphenethylamine, or an N-alkyl-α-ethylphenethylamine by substitution in the ring to any extent with alkyl, alkoxy, alkylenedioxy or halide substitutents, whether or not further substituted in the ring by one or more other univalent substitutents;

(e) any compound (not being a compound for the time being specified in Part II of this Schedule) structurally derived from fentanyl by modification in any of the following ways, that is to say -

(i) by replacement of the phenyl portion of the phenethyl group by any heteromonocycle whether or not further substituted in the heterocycle;

(ii) by substitution in the phenethyl group with alkyl, alkenyl, alkoxy, hydroxy, halogeno, haloalkyl, amino or nitro groups;

(iii) by substitution in the piperidine ring with alkyl or alkenyl groups;

(iv) by substitution in the aniline ring with alkyl, alkoxy, alkylenedioxy, halogeno or haloalkyl groups;

(v) by substitution at the 4-position of the piperidine ring with any alkoxycarbonyl or alkoxyalkyl or acyloxy group;

(vi) by replacement of the N-propionyl group by another acyl group;

(f) any compound (not being a compound for the time being specified in Part II of this Schedule) structurally derived from pethidine by modification in any of the following ways, that is to say -

(i) by replacement of the 1-methyl group by an acyl, alkyl whether or not unsaturated, benzyl or phenethyl group, whether or not further substituted;

(ii) by substitution in the piperidine ring with alkyl or alkenyl groups or with a propano bridge, whether or not further substituted;

(iii) by substitution in the 4-phenyl ring with alkyl, alkoxy, aryloxy, halogeno or haloalkyl groups;

(iv) by replacement of the 4-ethoxycarbonyl by any other alkoxycarbonyl or any alkoxyalkyl or acyloxy group;

(v) by formation of an N-oxide or of a quaternary base

2. Any stereoisomeric form of a substance specified in paragraph 1 above.

3. Any ester or ether of a substance specified in paragraph 1 or 2 above.

4. Any salt of a substance specified in any of paragraphs 1 to 3 above.

5. Any preparation or other product containing a substance or product specified in any of paragraphs 1 to 4 above.

I believe that is not 2C-I ; rather, it is DOI

2C-I is 4-Iodo-2,5-dimethoxy-phenethyl(dimethyl)amine.

Adding the alpha-methyl turns it from a phenethylamine analog to an amphetamine analog. 2C-B:DOB :: 2C-I:DOI

Compare PiHKAL entries on the various compounds; the pictures will show where the alpha-methyl is added.

I thought that the point of that amendment was to cover all the compounds in PIHKAL which were not covered by the more general parts of the MDA which referred to MDMA, 2CB and derivatives....

*sigh* why isnt the uk government clearer on all this?

^^^Correct. The provisions of the UK Misuse of Drugs Act are similar in intent to the US Analogue Act, but UK law is UK law and US law is US law.

unfortunately, i think the UK laws are much worse in that they outright ban as many chemicals as possible. at least in the us the analog act provides a gray area if you're not supplying or representing the drugs for ingestion. and the DEA only seems to schedule stuff once it gets out into the public domain and starts turning up in people in emergency rooms (such as AMT and 5-meo-dipt), which although i dont agree with, its a lot more sensible than slapping on blanket bans on everything...

according to erowid,

4-Iodo-2,5-dimethoxy-a-methylphenethyl(dimethyl)amine is IDDNA (PIHKAL #90)

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/countries/uk/uk_law_misuse_2001_2.shtml

although they say that this is a tenative guess, rather than anything definative. but i would say that the (dimethyl) part gives it away as not being 2-CI or DOI.. although im no chemist (anymore).

i would guess that:
"(d) any compound (not being methoxyphenamine or a compound for the time being specified in sub-paragraph (a) above) structurally derived from phenethylamine, an N-alkylphenethylamine, á-methylphenethylamine, an N-alkyl-á-methylphenethylamine, á-ethylphenethylamine, or an N-alkyl-á-ethylphenethylamine by substitution in the ring to any extent with alkyl, alkoxy, alkylenedioxy or halide substitutents, whether or not further substituted in the ring by one or more other univalent substitutents;"

covers all the 2C-x compounds, but I'm not sure... any chemists care to help here?

sorry i thought the analogue act was a uk thing... sure they didnt bring one in the the last few years... I thought i heard some people saying they had only recently intoduced it to cover a bunch of new research chems and stuff...?

or maybe not