• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines 2-CB FLY MAO-A inhibitory properties: any info ?

tcsenpai

Greenlighter
So I just am basically 14 hours after dosing 50mg of 2-CB FLY (high dosage on spiritual meditative purpose) and I am softly landing so I feel like is the right moment to share this experience and ask for clarifications.

While i tought to have thoroughly researched the chemical before taking it I discovered during the trip itself that there is a single study that show with a noticeable grade of proofs that 2C compounds are likely to be MAO-A inhibitors with FLY compounds being even more powerful in this. My chosen one was listed in them.

I am using fluoxetine since years and I usually avoid this kind of interactions at such high dosage without knowing that so I was quite curious about the side effects which to my surprise were near to 0 if any

EDIT: Here the study itself On zlibrary

So my question is are there other studies or info on this kind of interaction ?

Last edited:
Do you have a link to this study? I'm interested in reading it.

Recreational doses of 2C-B-FLY probably wouldn't achieve concentrations high enough to significantly inhibit MAO-A. The paper you linked found that 2C-B-FLY's IC50 for MAO-A inhibition was 19 μM, which is far below the brain concentrations of 2C-B-FLY needed to produce psychedelic effects.

Concentrations of 1 μM 2C-B-FLY would only produce about 5% of the maximum MAO-A inhibition, which might not even have a noticeable effect. Considering that 2C-B-FLY is probably active at concentrations ~100x lower than 1 μM, the lack of side-effects you experienced isn't that surprising.

Recreational doses of 2C-B-FLY probably wouldn't achieve concentrations high enough to significantly inhibit MAO-A. The paper you linked found that 2C-B-FLY's IC50 for MAO-A inhibition was 19 μM, which is far below the brain concentrations of 2C-B-FLY needed to produce psychedelic effects.

Concentrations of 1 μM 2C-B-FLY would only produce about 5% of the maximum MAO-A inhibition, which might not even have a noticeable effect. Considering that 2C-B-FLY is probably active at concentrations ~100x lower than 1 μM, the lack of side-effects you experienced isn't that surprising.
How do you "convert" between molar concentrations and grams.

Great explanation
I am interested as well in the way of converting the two measurations as I wouldn’t be able to tell the concentrations needed to have the interaction

Great explanation
I am interested as well in the way of converting the two measurations as I wouldn’t be able to tell the concentrations needed to have the interaction
I found an EC50 for 2C-B-FLY at the 5-HT2AR (see here) and used that as a ballpark for the concentration in the brain at which 2C-B-FLY is active.