• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

2.5 Grams of APAP (paracetamol) at Once

Michael_25

Bluelighter
On Thursday night I consumed 2.5 grams of Tylenol at once. I have some abdominal today but it's not situated in the upper-right quadrant (i.e. the liver); it's just below it. The pain is really mild, but nevertheless it's still present. I don't drink alcohol and my last liver-function test done 2 months ago showed my liver to be fine. Is it likely I consumed a lethal dose of APAP? It's been 5 days since that dose. I don't have jaundice or anything ...

Thanks!

It can take up to a few days for symptoms of toxicity to manifest but your dosage was not extremely high. Besides the lower abdominal pain, how are you feeling? Are you having dark urine, nausea or vomiting?

It can take up to a few days for symptoms of toxicity to manifest but your dosage was not extremely high. Besides the lower abdominal pain, how are you feeling? Are you having dark urine, nausea or vomiting?
I'm a bit tired, but that is all. Urine is of normal color, and there is no nausea or vomiting.

7 grams is considered a severe overdose 4g is the daily maximum as recommended (in the us) think it's 3 in Canada. So long as you don't have any prior liver issues I think you should be ok. The 1g per dose limit is more so there to guide you to only take 2 every 4 hours, so as not to go over 4g in a day.

^ Yeah People overestimate the dangers of APAP; not that it should be (insert expletive) however unless your opping norcos or Percocet constantly or Codeine, WITHIUT proper CWE, a gram or two is fine for a healthy liver

Tevhnically you can clog the metabolic pathway that produces hepatotoxic metabolite

That's not going to be a lethal dosage. You do need to be more careful in the future, but provided you don't have any kind of abnormal sensitivity to the drug in question, you should be fine. Obviously, repeated insults like this to your liver are going to accumulate if you continue the practice, but if this is a one time deal, you shouldn't need to be overly paranoid about serious complications. Think of it like a night of extremely heavy drinking. It's really bad for your liver, but you typically can bounce back.

I'd like to know why you need to consume so much APAP. Are you not familiar with Cold Water Extraction? I would include a link, but it's really easy to find information on the process. Just let us know if you have any questions, but please take better care of your liver!

You will be fine.

My moms ex boyfriend has taken 20 grams of acetaminophen every day for years... I am surprised he is still alive. I've tried everything to help him. Offered alternatives pain killers... offered to show him how to do a cwe. He just doesnt get it. A shame.. you can see the yellow in his eyes.

EDIT: This dose would kill most people, please do not try at home

Last edited:
That's not going to be a lethal dosage. You do need to be more careful in the future, but provided you don't have any kind of abnormal sensitivity to the drug in question, you should be fine. Obviously, repeated insults like this to your liver are going to accumulate if you continue the practice, but if this is a one time deal, you shouldn't need to be overly paranoid about serious complications. Think of it like a night of extremely heavy drinking. It's really bad for your liver, but you typically can bounce back.

I'd like to know why you need to consume so much APAP. Are you not familiar with Cold Water Extraction? I would include a link, but it's really easy to find information on the process. Just let us know if you have any questions, but please take better care of your liver
!
My Vic are 5/500. I need 25 mg to feel it. I don't have much left, and I know that a CWE will lose some of the hydro. Hence I didn't do the CWE. I'll get a liver function test done tomorrow, though, just to assure myself that everything is in order, although I remember hearing or reading that doctors don't give a shit unless you consumed more than 5g in one go ... I'm not sure of the validity of this, though.

Umm 10g is the ld50 so I don't think 20 is anywhere near believable.

You will be fine.

My moms ex boyfriend has taken 20 grams of acetaminophen every day for years... I am surprised he is still alive. I've tried everything to help him. Offered alternatives pain killers... offered to show him how to do a cwe. He just doesnt get it. A shame.. you can see the yellow in his eyes.
WTF?! Are you sure, brah? 20 grams could take out two people in 4 days time ...

positive. he takes at least 20 T1s, 3 times a day.

And yes, thats exactly what I tell him, that is like a suicide attempt every day... but he still walks.

You will be fine.

I'm not calling you a liar, but I find this very hard to believe. That's what I would do if I were intentionally trying to murder someone with Paracetamol. I know you're not encouraging people to do this, but I just want to make it clear that 20g Paracetamol can quite easily kill a grown-man, potentially twice-over. If this guy truly did what you say, everyone needs to disregard it, because it's the equivalent of saying I man drank a gallon of bleach and was totally fine afterward. It's poisoning.

Yeah, 20 grams= ER

Some people consume way too much APAP and get away with it, 20 f'in grams?

They even limit it to 325mg per tablet now, 40 Norcos would be less than that

Yes... I know all this guys... but I am telling you he takes 60 T1s a day as I said in my previous posts. I told him 10 grams is enough to kill someone. But he still walks ( with difficulty.. he is missing half a leg). I wouldnt believe it either if I hadnt seen it for myself.

^How would he get so many T1's? Missing a leg surely he could manage something better

Please use discretion with that story, we don't want people thinking anywhere close to that is ok, although certainly have witnessed people down grams of it a day

he just buys them otc... he has been offered stronger painkillers but turns them down because " he doesnt want to be addicted" even though he is clearly addicted to codeine already. Im going down his way actually next week Ive been planning on introducing him to kratom... hopefully he will switch.

Well he soon won't be able to Canada is moving to ban codeine otc.

Codeine/dihydrocodiene should be otc in US, or at least hyrdoxyzine

Remember when codeine was otc (combo products)