• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromo-β-nitrostyrene

I think that it is up to the buyer to be responsible enough to do a quick search when buying any compound to learn what it is before shuving it down their throat.

The site has renamed them to 2C-X-nitrostyrene, which certainly doesn't help with the idea that they could be consumables. It's a bad decision when the vendor knows that some of the other "Not For Human Consumption" stuff they're selling alongside is being capsuled and eaten. They do have them labeled as "intermediates" but I'm not sure everyone knows what that means, and that it isn't a bogus category like "plant food"

A strange detail about this is that beta-nitrostyrenes have been tested as antimicrobials that are effective agains antibiotic-resistant bacteria:

I'm not sure whether they are something that could be put in vivo and damage only the bacteria and not be toxic to human/animal cells. As with any chemical, it's best to assume that they can be very toxic.

The first time I saw a publication about using those compounds for that purpose, I thought it was a scheme to obtain amphetamine precursors legally by using a research project as an excuse (especially as the nitrostyrene precursor of MDMA was included there).