Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

1st time MDMA: High Dose + trippy sleep

mintgreen

Greenlighter
Hi,

My friend rolled for the very first time at a rave a week ago. She spoke to the seller and he told her that the product was 84% pure/"as pure as possible". It looked legit to her - beige crystals. She took 250 mg, which she later learnt was a very high dose for a petite female + first time.

She didn't feel anything for an hour. Suddenly, everything slowed down and she began to feel like she was on Ket, something she never wishes to try. She felt like she had to walk lowdown, close to the floor, and it was very difficult for her to climb the stairs at the rave. She was in this state for an hour and HATED IT. She wasn't overheating/didn't feel her heart go weird. It didn't come in waves. It wasn't exhilarating or tingly. She felt "drugged up" and like she was on some tranquiliser.

Then she SUDDENLY peaked and was loving life. She had the most amazing time pinging, but it wasn't ENERGETIC. She didn't want to dance uncontrollably - she wanted to talk and touch people's hair and tell other girls how pretty they were.

She was blown away by people's kindness, and felt that she was experiencing what she is usually too desensitised to feel when sober = utter love for and appreciation of other humans. A guy gave her a cigarette for free, and she was so shocked and grateful that she nearly cried and thanked him about 10 times.

She took another 150mg at 4am, which kept her high amaaaaaaaazing. She was fully lucid and aware, just in a magical land. At this point, she felt very well and like any of the "tranquiliser" had worn off. She had the confidence that alcohol gives, the positivity that weed gives, while being utterly crystal clear and not at all unaware.

AT 7AM she smoked some weed, became very tired and slept for one hour. However, her sleep was fucking trippy and terrifying.
She slept but felt that she was looking at her eyelids the whole time, and could see proper LSD style visuals dancing all over the place. She noticed her body was spasming during the visuals/lucid dreaming. She felt utterly delirious and kept imagining her sleeping friends were talking to her.

Now, a week later, she still feels mentally foggy and her vision is "snowy" with tiny little visuals all over the place

MY QUESTIONS:

1. Is this just her reacting to a very high dose of potent molly? WIll it get better?

2. Why did she get that trippy sleep - was it the weed mixed with the comedown? She felt out of her mind + quite fucked 8(

3 Most importantly, she is a changed person and feels that sober life is now a joke + totally unauthentic, after the pure empathy she experienced on molly. How can she appreciate what the roll taught her AND enjoy sober living? She doesn't want to roll again for at least 4 months because her body's telling her to rest.

4. Given she had ketamine-like effects initially and the roll wasn't speedy or energetic, do you think it was quite pure MDMA with a bit of Ket thrown in?

All of these effects are normal, especially with a high dose of MDMA. I too find myself 'dreaming whilst awake' after a heavy night and will have conversations with people who aren't there. It't normal and it doesn't mean you are fried.

As for the ket claim, that's unfounded. The come-up on a decent dose of MDMA can be intense and can make the world seem slow or have a strobe light effect. Furthermore, you will find that pure MDMA is actually quite sedating at higher doses, and it is actually quite a struggle to dance, as all you want to do is sit down, chat shit and rush your face off. This is normal too.

The only other thing I have to say is the fact that 400mg of MDMA in a night for a first timer is absurd. I would take this amount in an evening, but I have been rolling for years and have a tolerance (and it still wrecks me). Next time, she should start on 150mg and take a 50-100mg booster later if she feels it is needed.

^
This is a great reply and says it all really. She took waaay too much, it was probably really pure MDMA (probably,I assume she didn't test it?) and that's exactly what can happen with (too) high doses. Welcome to the forum!

I wouldn't say the k thing. You have no idea what it's like unless you've tried it??...
As for what happened you took way to much for a beginner. Beige crystal appereance could literally be anything unless you hit it with a testkit. Also be weary when you hear % claims from a dealer, unless they made it or had it tested they have no idea.

But It always trips me out when my lady does the weird sleep talk/awake dream thing even though I know it's because the dose.

I didn't want to make a thread for this but does anyone else have a tendency to sleep when the mdma kicks in (ruined a nice vest) than depending if if its cut with speed wake back up when tactile sensation is gone.
Normal?

does anyone else have a tendency to sleep when the mdma kicks in

never. not even close. excess serotonin can make one sleepy, but for me mdma seems to release enough noradrenaline to more than counteract that. i find pure mdma to be at least as stimulating as amphetamine, but of course others would disagree.

It depends I think, if you are letting yourself fall asleep then yes, it is possible, but if you can't help but fall asleep, even if you fight to stay awake, no that's not normal I think. In any case I've fallen asleep twice so far while coming up, but both times I had a lot to drink. I always wake back up when it fully kicks in though, I don't think it's possible to stay asleep when you're fully rolling, at least I don't think so