• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

1st time grow help! (outdoor)

GanjaCat22

Greenlighter
Ok so I started a grow and my plants are in the veg stage and they started getting holes in the leaves and I'm new and not sure what to do they are in the woods. I just need help on what to do next, they have about 10 inches of soil in a 15 gallon tub and they are about 1 foot tall and not old enough to sex yet

holes in the leaves sounds like some sort of pest, possible spider mites.

have you inspected closely, looking for pests? maybe consider coating plants in neem oil and looking into other precautionary methods.

It'll be hard to isolate the problem when it's an outdoor grow but pests are a very good possibility. How big are the holes in the leaves and is there any discolouration?

If it's pest I would throw out and start over since they are in a very early state pests ruin a plant

If it's pest I would throw out and start over since they are in a very early state pests ruin a plant

not a grower personally but this sounds like a good idea. I would even say get start some new seedlings or get some back up clones rooting ASAP. This early on might be terrible for the harvest.

Pests do not remain on the plant, these folks don't know what the fuck they're talking about. They also won't affect your harvest this early on, as long as the problem isn't too severe. If you had to start over every time there was a bug you'd never have a harvest. Try using Neem oil or some other organic pest control method.

Pests do not remain on the plant, these folks don't know what the fuck they're talking about. They also won't affect your harvest this early on, as long as the problem isn't too severe. If you had to start over every time there was a bug you'd never have a harvest. Try using Neem oil or some other organic pest control method.
1) Neem oil is a good preventative measure and 2) don't just "give up" or start over if you don't have to

However! 3) Pests WILL and DO stay on the plant until it is completely dead and vanished if the problem is not addressed.

Also!! 4) if you have holes already in the leaves this will affect the amount of photosynthesis the plant is capable of, which directly effects the potential yield of the harvest.

lol pretty cocky for being wrong about so much.

lol pretty cocky for being wrong about so much.

Lol he's not wrong. Pests happen to most outdoor grows and properly managed the problem can be mediated if you take care of it right now.

But being "out in the woods" definitely makes it harder to deal with than in a residential back yard.

Pests are pretty common for outdoor growing, make sure to carefully inspect for worms often. Organic pest sprays work if you know what your getting. Just because you have some pest damage doesnt mean the whole plants destroyed just dont smoke the part of the plant/buds that are majorly damaged by worms living and shitting in there.

Lol he's not wrong. Pests happen to most outdoor grows and properly managed the problem can be mediated if you take care of it right now.

But being "out in the woods" definitely makes it harder to deal with than in a residential back yard.

So spider mites... where do they live? and he pretty much called us all retards then said exactly what has already been said. That's a little cocky imo, highly presumptious if nothing else. Besides adding untrue info he brought nothing new to the conversation besides his negativity. Anyways... whatever. Nobody said to out right trash the plants, only suggested it might be a good idea if the circumstance called for it. Some pests DO stay on the plant. The guy has presented very little info on his problem so is a crap shoot anyways.

Salutations Mafioso,

Holes in the leaves sounds like some sort of pest, possible spider mites.

Holes eaten by Spider Mites?? Well i've seen my fair share of them and never noticed 1 such hint that could lend me to think those holes are even visible under a hand microscope!...

Too much webbing by then anyway. 8)

...he pretty much called us all retards... ...a little cocky... ...highly presumptious... ...untrue info...

Reading about denyal of other people's humanity to support subjective opinions (kill the messenger, assasinate characters) may/will threaten my own serenity, hence you're still on my [ Ignore ] list by the way, because i find myself that humility and cooperation work well when combined together...

Good day, have fun!! =D

I'd guess visible holes on an outside plant might be some slightly bigger pest than spider mites, maybe slugs or snails. Not sure what you can do with them out in the woods, maybe move them to a different place.

ok so it might not have been spider mites but they still live on the plant none the less. for someone who said I didn't know what the fuck I'm talking about.. he's right to a degree as I made no effort to hide my ignorance but yet my solution is still the same as his largely. His "expertise" hasn't gotten us any further.

and for being on your ignore list it is ironic that you are quoting me and responding to me. Why don't you go talk to yourself in your stupid ass vape thread some more.

Why is it majority of posts I see on CD are childish like ones in this thread?

Big part of why I don't visit CD anymore is because it seems to be run down by idiotic, ego driven children hurling abuse at each other. Exactly what the forums is for..

The holes sound like it could be from caterpillars IMO.