• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1st time dmt use, never used psychedelics.

Laseandalier

Greenlighter
Hey all, new to the site as far as creating my own account. For the past year or so I've done a decent amount of research on microdosing dmt for anxiety/depression but have also seen loads of other things concerning it. I guess my question is would it be wise for someone who has done absolutely no psychedelics of any sort(unless you would consider ex one which I don't consider one) to consume this in a non micro dose scenario. Sorry if I missed out on some guidelines making this post.

Welcome to Bluelight, @Laseandalier!
It comes down to your goals. Do you want a full experience (trip), or a microdose.
Then choosing the appropriate compound for that journey.

If a full experience is wanted, DMT will certainly be that, and will or could have a long impact on your outlook, and how you asses situation/deal with life.
If you want to microdose as an approach to deal with or help issues with anxiety and/or depression (often concurrent issues), mushrooms, LSD and its analogs mught be more appropriate. Taking, for example, 5-10 mcg (1/20th - 1/10th if a typical 100 mcg blotter) would be considered a microdose for most. Do a google search around microdosing regime for figuring out the dose and intervals (how often you take it).

To your original question, I’d say start smart, start small - titrate up until you get the desired effects. It’s been said that lsd is a long, strange, magical journey - dmt is like being fired out of a canon. Both will break-or alter your world model, allowing a glimpse behind the veil, as they say. But for me dmt is just so fast and furious, compared with the drawn out effects of lsd.

In all cases, be sure of your compound (look into test kits, unless you made it yourself - yay!), titrate up over time, and keep a journal outlining your goals and how the compound helped/hindered/etc., noting tines and dose levels.

It’s a learning process, and a fun one, but going too deep too quick can be a bad day. Set and setting are KEY to successful trips.
MD’ing is the way to start, I think, but then again, my first trip was 200 mcg and I loved it. Please start small, though, there’s no real undo if you dropped too much, although making it to the other side of a nightmare trip can be the most profound lesson-teaching and personal growth times I’ve had.

Welcome again, and keep posting!! :)

DMT is such an overwhelming experience when you break through that I don't think any amount of experience with other substances will matter. You literally smoke the stuff and go somewhere else for awhile. Even playing around with sub-breakthrough levels won't prepare you much for the full experience. I don't think it's unwise to just shoot for the breakthrough but I suggest you have someone there to watch over you while you're tripping. Some people move around a lot when they breakthrough and there is a very real possibility of hurting yourself while you're out of it.

I'm not mobile when I breakthrough for whatever reason but one of my friends would always get up, stumble around, and always end up in the kitchen. Since he was a big guy it took two of us to keep him safe for the duration. He was also a hard head that took 150-200mg of the stuff every time he smoked DMT. Maybe I would become more mobile in higher doses I don't know. At any rate even if you aren't prone to moving around it's best to have someone there to take the pipe from you because after the 2nd/3rd hit most people are very out of it and will have a hard time setting down everything before they breakthrough.

You may not need the breakthrough to deal with whatever you hope to get out of DMT. When I first tried DMT I broke through, bought a gram, and planned on breaking through with it often. What ended up happening is I shared the majority of that gram with others and nearly everyone stayed in the sub-breakthrough range with it. I found I enjoyed 20-30mg about once a week and didn't feel the need to breakthrough with it again. I enjoyed the effects since it's very relaxing at those levels. I preferred doing that once a week over taking something like LSD and dealing with the long duration/come-down. With DMT I can smoke the stuff, come-down, and go to sleep all within the same hour. I made a little ritual out of this for a few months. I found my mental health was better in those months of use and felt like I was getting positive effects out of it. I was able to sleep better, was less depressed, more social, and in a better mood in general.

Even with a couple of breakthroughs under my belt and that regular use of it at sub-breakthrough levels shooting for a breakthrough with DMT still causes me to pause. I do not take it lightly and those that I know that did all eventually had a bad time with it. DMT feels very self limiting in that respect.

Last edited: