• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

1st time Cannabis use - Harsh on Lungs

oreocub

Bluelighter
So I had smoked my first hit of cannabis last night, at least one gram from a bong and pipe, quality was mid I guess. I felt relaxed but didn't feel really high or anything.
My friends told me to wait for my second time to feel "really high" but I just thought it was bad quality weed, the people I hang out with in my opinion generally don't have know much about drug use or harm reduction imo.

Is the second time thing true?
Also, why is weed so so harsh on the lungs? Damn, people say marijuana is okay for your lungs but cigarettes feel fine on your lungs when you smoke them, but weed feels painful, I was coughing this morning from it. I can't imagine what daily smokers feel.

I'm going to stick with edibles in the future.

The more you smoke weed the more your lungs get used to the harshness of the smoke but yeah it can make you cough and splutter like a motherfucker. The thing i've never got about people promoting smoking weed is that they say no one has ever died from using cannabis but i'm fairly certain if a person smoked a quarter ounce over a week every week for a life time there would be a good chance of the dope smoker developing emphysema or lung cancer thus dying from using cannabis. Yeah i know you can vaporise weed and bake hash cookies but half the fun of smoking weed is the rush you get from inhaling the smoke from a hit from a bong.

You didn't say how old you are oreocub but keep in mind weed can trigger schizophrenia in young people. Best to not go overboard and get into the habit of smoking the mary jane everyday. That's just my opinion and i may be a little jaded as i ended up on anti-psychotic medication but if i had skipped getting addicted to weed and cigarettes i would have saved a shit load of money i could have spent on better drugs. My mental health would have been all the better for it too

If you have your mind set on using dope i would recommend edibles as you said seeing as you will not run the risk of getting addicted to normal tobacco which is a unnecessary burden most weed smokers have to maintain as well.

Fuck I don't feel like even smoking cigarettes any more. Any time I cough it hurts, I'm happy I'm wise enough that I've only been smoking cigs for a year or two, and the damage isn't horrible. I know lung damage isn't reversible, but do you think exercise could help minimize the damage done? I plan on doing cannabis in the future, vapes and edibles only.

As a daily stoner, I would say that the reason it feels so harsh is simply because you're not used to it. In fact, a friend of mine recently tried cannabis for the first time, from a bong as well. He coughed a lot the first time and to our surprise he didn't feel high. Then when he did his second he coughed again but definitely got high this time. I'd say that it's because some people simply have higher natural tolerances than others so some need to smoke a bit more to get high. Anyways, the more you smoke the more you will get used to it. I only cough now if I'm doing a stupidly large hit by my standards, but otherwise no problem.

How were you smoking it? Giant bong rips? A makeshift soda can pipe?

Smoking pot really doesn't have to be harsh at all, even to somebody with minimal experience. Just take small, controlled hits. Cigarettes are WAY more harsh.

When I smoked pot for the first time, I had a whole joint to myself and didn't feel much different. I believe it was mids as well, so bad quality weed. It made me cough bad because I hadn't smoked anything before, no cigarettes or vapes even.

I waited a while to smoke again and when I started getting into it, I was using bowls and bubblers and actually got high. You have to give your lungs time to adjust to the smoking and as said above, don't take massive hits at once. That'll make ya cough alright. As far as exercising, it should help to increase your lung capacity, it also helps to exhale all air from your mouth/throat before taking the hit, IME.

Fuck I don't feel like even smoking cigarettes any more. Any time I cough it hurts, I'm happy I'm wise enough that I've only been smoking cigs for a year or two, and the damage isn't horrible. I know lung damage isn't reversible, but do you think exercise could help minimize the damage done? I plan on doing cannabis in the future, vapes and edibles only.

Dude oreocub if you've only smoked cigs a year or two and you are way younger than 30 if you quit smoking right now or soon enough your body and your lungs in particular will recover from the damage that the smoking has caused. i quit smoking 7 years ago after smoking for 9 years and it's remarkable how much my lung functions and breathing has improved. Not too mention all the money i've saved.

As i said if you really are keen to use weed bake hash cookies or vape. I've heard vaporisers for weed are expensive and i don't fully know how vaping weed works but it must be a more healthy way to enjoy THC than ripping bongs.

You posted how you smoked an entire gram all through the night. That's a lot of plant material to smoke. Even though you did use a bong that's still going to irritate your throat and lungs as you're inhaling a lot of smoke.

If you eat edibles or vape frequently, you're going to have a tolerance so that's why you did not get high when you smoked.

Try not eating any edibles or vaping for a long time and then smoke some herb.