• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

1st Time Cannabis Tincture, Good to Go? June 07th to Present

muie

Bluelighter
This is the 1st time I've attempted to make a cannabis tincture! I have a 1L jar, between 150g-170g high grade bud (decarbed) and 94% alcohol (Global 94 - only Quebec has it, don't bother looking for it anywhere else as I doubt you'll find it). The bud was decarbed by method of vaporizer (V-Tower), which was done at various temperatures, with the lowest being 180C, highest at 235C and all other temperatures in between. I never had any bud which was *too* burnt! Most was actually just barely vaped with a gold color.

I put this big amount of vaped high grade buds inside a 1L jar and covered it with alcohol (about 500mL), after which I labeled the jar with the date, June 07, and left it sitting in a dark place! Every time I would pass by I would remember to shake it up & down, side to side - making sure to agitate it for a couple minutes.

I see that some people are saying it is only a matter of weeks, while others say 1 week is enough, however I reached the consensus that I should leave it several months after reading more reports. Also what's done is done, so I can only look to future suggestions/improvements! I was attempting a Green Dragon recipe which seemed the easiest and simplest!

Have I gone about this the right way?

After 3 months, I was thinking it would have completed the process and after straining it I'd be left with the solution which should hopefully be the Green Dragon! Am I right?

I plan on fortifying this further by adding the solution to yet more vaped bud, as well as yet to be decarbed trim, leaves & shake/very fluffy bud! Once these are decarbed I would proceed to repeat the procedure, that is pouring the 1st solution on top of the decarbed material!

p.s. I plan on doing this with dried papaverum somniferum pods & stems, though for shorter period of time - 7-10 days I am thinking!