View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1st time acid help.

Mizora

Bluelighter
Hello all, as I have got so much help from BL over the years I figured it makes sense to ask for more!

I want to take acid for the 1st time. First question is dosage. Surely not every tab you get is always gna be the same. Would people recommend half for my 1st ever time? I'm experienced with ecstasy, truffles and smoked weed for a good years.
I've wanted to try dmt for a while
now but it's not something that's readily available to me, hopefully one day! This 1st time is to get me ready for doing at a festival, I like to know what to expect/ just be a bit more confident with it to do it at a festival setting.

Do you 9/10 always get mad visuals on acid?

Also I'm right in saying LSD is not toxic ie the dangers really to consider are that I don't completely trip myself to fuck and do something stupid? My understanding is to get to this sort of level you would have to take some strong ass stuff?

In terms of setting from countless reading it would seem nature is best? At the moment it's going to be with a mate who's in the same position as me although I'm slightly weary at the moment as he's not the most open minded of people...but I think it could be good for him as a person because of that very reason...could be wrong though!

The problem, according to Terence McKenna, isn't taking too much, it's not taking enough. If you have taken other psychedelics you should have no problems with taking at least a full hit.

Ok cool, I'm from UK n not sure how likely it is for the tabs I can get my hands on will be a dose worth or what really, people ever re dose say 3/4 hours in if not getting much?

It's pretty wasteful to redose 3/4 hours in. Maybe if you feel nothing by hour 2, redosing would be okay. Any time before the second hour I'd say.

Like someone else said, make sure your LSD is LSD first.

I think anyone's first time should be with a dose of 250ug plus; otherwise, whats the point!... Under dosing will rob you of the full on experience... Good luck nowadays finding that... witch is why so many take two to 4 hits.. to hopefully reach that 250 mark..

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely don't redose after 2, maybe 2.5 hours. The best part of an acid trip only lasts around 3 hours ime.

2500mcg damn! I hope u meant 250. 250 is a perfect start. My first was 150 and that helped me understamd the come up/body high and prepare myself for a real dose

ok thanks all, is the come up anything like mdma?

Cannot answer on whether the comeup is like MDMA but for me (and others but not everyone) the comeup on acid involves little physical discomfort (for me mainly freezing) and confusion to some extend which may or may not give you unpleasant feelings. I usually stay in a comfy place for the first hour after I start feeling effects and then head outside exploring.
As you are from the UK you may want to get 1P-LSD instead of LSD. It's a novel lysergamide which appears to have effects that are indistinguishable from LSD (check the big and dandy thread!) but is available in tabs with reliable content. Makes dosing much easier ;).

I find the stronger the dose, the worse the come-up is. On a couple hits, I'll usually feel strong intestinal cramping, get cold/hot sweats, get anxiety about relationships/commitments, etc. LSD come-ups are nothing to just shrug off... they can make or break a trip at times. For that reason I recommend picking a time when you can be physically and mentally fit enough that side-effects will be negligible. I find when I prepare for the trip at least 1+ week in advance, I get much less side effects (i.e. abstain from booze, abstain from coffee, eat healthy fiber rich diet, do daily cardio, read philosophical poetry/books, etc.)

wicked wicked wicked, from my reading it may be an idea to get hold of some valiums or something as safety net if ya like. I think with myself knowing i had a something there would be enough to influence positivity onto my trip!

I've found nature to be the most inspiring for my earlier trips. 9/10 mad visuals? Not always.. my earlier trips were more visual, but lately there has been very little visuals(unless eyes closed). Usually the visuals were moving patterns, trails, brighter colors, floors/walls bubbling.

For the come up, I'd recommend you be in a safe and comfortable place. It's like someone grabs the dial to your overall energy, and starts slowly turning it up, increasing in speed as the hour comes to a close.

Since you've had previous experience with mind altering substances, I'd say take the whole tab.. unless you are REALLYREALLY nervous.. which in that case you probably shouldn't take it yet at all lol.

For the dangers, just make sure you have a vague plan of where you will be staying during the trip. Doesn't have to be an exact plan like 1:00 we do this 2:00 we do that, just to know WHERE you will be.. like for example you aren't going to take 4 hits for the first time next to a running waterfall(sounds kinda nice actually lol)

If it's just one tab I don't think you will be out of control to the point where you will get hurt.. just don't try juggling broken glass because it looks pretty hehe. Personally I found myself less likely to get hurt on one tab, then I would sober.

The reason I liked nature so much, was because it gave me a place that was away from all the normal distractions of life.. cars beeping, people shuffling, phones buzzing, etc. It really allowed me to be immersed in the trip.

KEEP US UPDATED, AND HAVE GOOD TRAVELS!
P.s. Make sure your LSD is LSD

Thanks Octarine, yes if i can take one thing from my reading is nature seems an absolute must! I am lil nervous but nothing more than usual, its more so an excited nervous! Im going to speak to a few I know who have had the same batch, but i think im going to go with one. Im going to get 3 tabs so I can do one, see how it is, then for next time ive got the capacity to take more and know exactly strength etc.

I think I recall one guy who had these ones saying he didnt find it very visually trippy...each to their own i guess. Im def going to head to eztest to get a kit.

If you are not sure of your source, lab test is the only way to know for sure. Reagents can be tricked. GC/MS can't.

When you get the tabs if they are a famous print rather that WoW (white on white) you should be able to find out how strong it is, let us know when you get your hands on it!

It's rare but some prints are very strong and you wouldn't want to take a whole one your first time, so half is usually best for first time, if by 1-1.5hrs you aren't feeling much eat the other half, don't bother redosing past 1.5hrs ;)

LSD is not toxic, technically it has an extremely low toxicity but for all intents and purposes it isn't toxic for human beings, in my opinion it's actually good for us

At home or in nature is the best settings for sure, when it comes to visuals 1 standard hit you might get some OEV's, but you should always get some CEV's so spend some time meditating, have a great time and keep us updated! :)

Last edited:
When you get the tabs if they are a famous print rather that WoW (white on white) you should be able to find out how strong it is, let us know when you get your hands on it!

It's rare but some prints are very strong and you wouldn't want to take a whole one your first time, so half is usually best for first time, if by 1-1.5hrs you aren't feeling much eat the other half, don't bother redosing past 1.5hrs ;)

LSD is not toxic, technically it has an extremely low toxicity but for all intents and purposes it isn't toxic for human beings, in my opinion it's actually good for us

At home or in nature is the best settings for sure, when it comes to visuals 1 standard hit you might get some OEV's, but you should always get some CEV's so spend some time meditating, have a great time and keep us updated! :)

wicked, cheers! :) re the half then re-dose...if I like to think of myself as pretty aware, as in if shit started to go down I like to think i can keep myself in check, be aware its just the drug and put a positive spin on whatever it was, you think it would be likely i get my hands on a tab strong enough i couldnt handle? I have good experience with mdma, and truffles/shrooms.

from my reading it seems like 1.5 hours isnt enough to truly grasp the trip? i could be wrong though?

when i get them, i will let you know! :)

You can make the LSD feel like the cleanest, best MDMA by a simple trick. Take half your dose, then take the other half 30 minutes later. This completely alters the nature of the LSD - makes it a lot less mental and lot more physical. You'll be writhing around on the duvet in physical ecstasy for quite a few hours.

But to make this method work you need to remember a couple things.

1) Eat very light the day you trip - perhaps have breakfast, then have a dairy milk bar of chocolate an hour or so before you trip so you don't go into it with a hunger headache
2) Try not to eat or drink during the trip - sip a little something if you're parched. Treat your gastro tract with a little respect. Double dosing within 30 mins can make it a little more sensitive than normal.

Try and stick to the guidelines, I find if I dose 45 mins apart I can get nausea and eating during the trip can cause nausea too. This is completely unlike a normal LSD trip - it's more like the best MDMA you've ever had. I never used to be that keen on acid until I discovered this method.

if you know truffles, you know what tripping is like and don't need a special introduction for lsd.

to be honest, i've found mushrooms to be more visual than a comparable dose of acid, but that can vary a lot from person to person.

the two most important things are indeed making sure that it's actually acid and getting your dose right. redose too late and it only extends the trip, but redose too early and you'll get your ass handed to you. ime there is not time in between those two options, so it's best to take the right dose in the beginning. and that's quite difficult.

depending on how much truffles you take (let's say a normal trip for you is a dose equal to 2g-2.5g of cubensis), then i'd say take half a tab when you suspect them to be strong (>150µg) and a whole tab if you suspect them to be "normal" (around 100µg or slightly lower). if you have the option, get them tested and use the dosage recommendations from erowid.