View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1P-LSD vs. ETH-LAD: pics after a year.

DrumTripper

Bluelighter
After a year of storage, here's what my 1P and ETH-LAD stash looks like.
I notice a slight blue hue with the 1P, and a brownish, reddish hue with the ETH.

Both are stored in the same box, in their brown plastic bags, in the dark, dry, 68 deg f.

Curiously, the reverse side of the 1P is totally snow white (this blotter has not changed a bit since day 1), while both sides of the ETH-LAD appear to be oxidizing.
Same vendor, same order.

For the record, these feel no different a year later, at least at my usual low-dose and micro-dose amounts. Perhaps a 300ug trip wouldn't quite beeee 300ug, but I've not dropped that much in a long time, so. . . it's just for a visual record.

The card on the right is an 18% grey card for reference, camera balanced to match.

P1022072.JPG
click to enlarge

I noticed that my AL-LAD turned a similar brown/gray to your ETH-LAD there after about a year at room temp. Have noticed significantly less discoloration with LSD and it's closer analogues, which to me indicates that AL-LAD and ETH-LAD are both significantly less stable than their parent.

Same here. My AL-LAD tabs are the darkest, but my ETH-LAD tabs are also noticeably dark. I have stopped that degradation by storing vacuum sealed in the freezer, but I didn't do that for like 2 years. They still seem potent, but it's hard to say if they've lost potency as I've gotten more sensitive to lysergamides in those 2 years. I also notice that my LSD and 1-sub analogues (1p-LSD and ALD-52) have not discolored at all in that same time frame (actually some even longer).

I heard they also complexed the blotters with something to increase shelf life... don't know if it's true, or if that means the additions are discolored, or that without them, they would have degraded even faster.

Interesting! I bet the 1P is coated, at least in one side. As one side is definitely blueish. Wonder what that stuff is?

I have two versions of the ETH-LAD, one laid at 150 mics and the other at 100 mics. The older (150) has darkened considerably more than the newer version. It hasn't seemed to affect the potency so far, though.

I also have some very old AL-LAD that has darkened less than some I received in a subsequent purchase.

I really can't make any correlation, just raw observation.

I really can't make any correlation, just raw observation.
Yeah, that’s just it. For now, I am just hoping it was more than just me. The more info we get around this, or the more thinking we do, the more likely we’ll find the answer.
I mean it’s no great mystery, but sometimes these seemingly trivial notes will generate something tangentially useful in the future.

Thanks everyone, for participating!
Has anyone else seen the blueish-on-one-side-1P-LSD blotter?

I have an ETH-LAD tab stored at room temp in a baggie I've opened a few times here and there. It'd definitely discoloured towards grey, I think more on one side than the other but I forget right now.

I took some AL-LAD out after 5 years of storage in the freezer (with dessicant and very little air) and those tabs were ... holy shit.. potent to say the least. It didn't have any discolouration stored like that. Strangely, these tabs were way stronger than the ones I had taken before. I got a bit mixed up about which batch came from where, I know I had two orders back then, but forgot to keep track of what was what. Now I'm a bit hesitant with the AL-LAD because I feel like I have no idea how strong they are going to be. Up until then a tab was always really light and pleasant, but this last set was ass-whoopingly potent - in a good way mind you, but it would be nice to know the dose beforehand.

I don't know if the variance was because I hit a hot spot on the sheet, or if the whole batch was stronger and I'd only tried the first batch... or maybe it was all in my head, but I find that hard to believe.

Have any of you any experience with extreme variability on the AL-LAD that was out there around 5 years ago? Sorry that's a bit off topic I know.. but still puzzled by this.

my 5 years ago al-lad varied tab to tab and from half to half, which did not change for my order 2 years ago either.
the method for doping paper has not been revealed or proven effective in my opinion, but paper is my fave way of storing and dosing.

So @pupnik which of these do you think are true, if any:

1. Blotter is always inconsistent
2. Blotter is sometimes inconsistent depending how it's laid
3. The AL-LAD blotters were particularly inconsistent because of how they were laid
4. The AL-LAD blotters were of normal consistency compared to other lysergamides on blotters, and you and I just happened to hit inconsistent spots.
5. AL-LAD itself is abnormally inconsistent in the magnitude of it's effects; there's more variability with how it interacts with the random factors that make one trip stronger than another.
6. Something else?

One thing I think I noticed was that the "strong" tabs seemed to be thicker than what I remembered them being. Perhaps the blotter paper itself was of variable thickness, so if the blotter was soaked like a sponge, these thicker bits would hold more drug.

Yes, paper is very convenient, it would be a pity to have to dissolve my tabs into solution to get consistency.

in such general terms, 1 is true, however the range of Blotter inconsistency is very wide and I have personally experienced up to 50% +- variance (subjectively) on all legal and street blotters on the same sheet and no less than 15% variance on all blotters. Average variance on a good sheet would be 15% which is not too much, but a tiny slice (1/10th - for microdosing, may seem to be completely inactive or it may be active - though this may have to do with ramp - see below)

with AL-Lad my feeling is that they either exceed the subjective 50% variance, or the intensity ramp is much more extreme such that if you take 2 hits, you may always have tremendous results (more than I want) but if you use 1/2 of a hit the results will have much variance. A quarter hit may be below threshold or above threshold due to the intensity ramp without actually having more than 20% difference in blotter doping.

the dosage ramp theory for AL-Lad is likely because I have heard that 3 tabs are incredibly intense for some people (who dose more intensely than me) while 1 or 1.5 tabs are ho-hum for these people suggesting a ramp rather than a linear effects curve.

suggesting a ramp rather than a linear effects curve
I buy that notion; dose curves feel like that on both AL and ETH lads.
I wish someone who’s not ChinaCat (no offence, just need other anecdotes as well) would explain an industrial approach to laying blotter. We have all heard about the common dropping and dipping approaches, but I suspect the industrial tech would be very different.
Oh, to have a tour of the Lizard’s lair, hey!

I was very close to the source in the 90s, and have seen reams of sheets in storage. I cannot imagine dropper dosing on that level, so how did they do it?

Yes, I agree that the dose curve seems steeper for ETH-LAD than it does for LSD, and it seems so for AL-LAD too. I think your explanation makes a lot of sense @pupnik

@DrumTripper I wonder the same. It seems like it would be really tricky. I saw this tek on reddit, sounds more complicated than I would have guessed.

@perpetualdawn thanks for that link; a very interesting read and it makes the most sense so far.
The bit about increasing purity and decreasing solubility is eye opening. Now I know why all the 40 pounders of vodka were around!

Only recently came across ethlad as tainted brown on both sides (came in hot humid weather). Tested 2 @100/ and they still hit quite hard.
More recently seen them noticably whiter. Both are vacuum sealed for later explorations.
Ill report back when I try the white ones.

My 1P is blue on one side too
1a seems faint blue too, if I remember right

My 1P is blue on one side too
1a seems faint blue too, if I remember right
I think mine are all white, both Ald and 1CP.
I heard they also complexed the blotters with something to increase shelf life... don't know if it's true, or if that means the additions are discolored, or that without them, they would have degraded even faster.

I emailed Lizzie at the lab to ask the exact ingredients on their blotters, she linked me the catalogue and also told me it is just blotter, 1plsd (or oher) and soy based ink.

If they were adding an additional substance as a coating I would expect them to be open and transparent about this.

I took some AL-LAD out after 5 years of storage in the freezer (with dessicant and very little air) and those tabs were ... holy shit.. potent to say the least. It didn't have any discolouration stored like that. Strangely, these tabs were way stronger than the ones I had taken before
Haha and yet if you stand up tall and say you have your Lsd in the freezer you will get at least one person telling you "You don't wanna do that mate, that moisture will fuck up your tabs."

I have all my tabs in the fridge atm, foil, cligfilm with desicants under clingfilm, in baggies with dessicants, in mason jar with more dessicant.

Never opened until room temp, zero sign of condensation on the jar. Im satisfied they are good like that anyway but then I can't profess to know really.

They will likely be around for years, I didn't want them unrefrigerated because I know the stuff is very stable even at room temperature much more than people think but I also have heard enough reports of tabs appearing to lose substantial potency when not stored in the fridge or freezer.

Last edited:
Haha and yet if you stand up tall and say you have your Lsd in the freezer you will get at least one person telling you "You don't wanna do that mate, that moisture will fuck up your tabs."

I have all my tabs in the fridge atm, foil, cligfilm with desicants inder clingfilm, in baggies with dessicants, in mason jar with more dessicant.

Never opened until room temp, zero sign of condensation on the jar. Im satisfoed they are good like that anyway but then I can't profess to know really.

Same here.

I think if you're not careful like that it would be worse in the freezer, but I'm pretty confident that I'm doing it right.

Do you folks mean desiccate pouches, like you find in electronics boxes when they ship?
Or is a certain kind better?
Thanks!

Yeah exactly, that's what I use for dessicant. I've used rice before too, it's so dry that it tends to absorb moisture pretty wall (that's why people put it in salt shakers sometimes).

I portion out my blotters, vacuum seal then put the portions in a mason jar, toss in a desiccant pouch and fill the rest with rice.
And freeze... lol

Aha, thanks! I have plenty of those. When my next batch arrives, I’ll follow suit. Cheers