View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1P-LSD & Harmala

AlphaOdure

Bluelighter
I am planning on utilizing 1P-LSD on a later date (sometime soon), but its only a 100mcg blotter & i'm afraid w/ my typical tryptamine/lysergic tolerance this may be slightly on the "light" side of things.. so would using an MAO-a inhibitor work in such a situation? like syrian rue/harmala (have 25g of syrian rue, but planning on doing an extract into harmala).

The thing is, w/ such a novel & untested compound, i would prefer to use the 1P-LSD first, determine its effects, & then dose harmala halfway (say 1.5-2.5 hrs into the trip) if needed.. is this possible? or is it basically most effective when taken before tripping? & if possible, what would be a proper dose of syrian rue raw or a harmala extract?

& i know MOAIs are typically used w/ tryptamines like shrooms or for oral DMT, but i've heard they can be just as effective w/ lysergics?

(goddamit Solipsis if you hold my hand during another one of these i SWEAR TO GOD....!!well... i don't really believe in god.. but well, you get the idea) =D

Sheesh... nothing here guys?

no extrapolations?

no guessing ventures?

no weary advice?

Main question really is: can an MAO-a inhibitor be taken early during a trip to intensify effects or MUST it be taken prior to the experience all together?

Sheesh... nothing here guys?

no extrapolations?

no guessing ventures?

no weary advice?

Main question really is: can an MAO-a inhibitor be taken early during a trip to intensify effects or MUST it be taken prior to the experience all together to cause any sort of potentiation?

i don't know how lysergamide metabolism goes but *i think that in theory* MAO inhibitors would only prevent metabolism and extend duration, perhaps increase BA by inhibiting any sort of metabolism 1P-LSD could suffer before reaching the brain, but that's it. who knows though?

the MAOI itself could have a bit of psychoactivity that would subjectively alter the trip but idk if they are a reliable class of psychedelic potentiators... the reports i've seen of people mixing mushrooms + MAOI always say that the trip was *different* but not necessarily levels above

DMT is rapidly metabolized via MAO-A if consumed orally. With DMT, first consuming an MAO-A inhibitor inhibits the metabolism of orally consumed DMT dramatically. Hence, normally oral DMT is practically inactive and the effects are much stronger with the oral DMT and MAO-A inhibitor combination.

Comprehending this is easy. Peganum harmala alkaloids inhibit MAO-A through physically binding with the individual MAO-A proteins. Think of MAO-A as a drill. In this situation the drill is used in disassembling things (metabolizing molecules). If you cover the front of the drill you can't disassemble anything with the drill. An MAO-A inhibitor covers the front of the drill.

The body has an enormous variety of tools used in metabolizing chemicals. Using an MAO-A inhibitor only inhibits an individual tool. Most ergoloids and tryptamines are primarily metabolized with other tools (enzymes).

The MAO-A inhibitors in peganum harmala alkaloids lack strong influence on how your body processes LSD. Perhaps 1P-LSD has similar metabolic character.

MAO-A inhibitors inhibit the metabolism of several naturally occurring neuro-chemicals. This creates the euphoria people experience when consuming only peganum harmala. This is mainly how peganum harmala increases the intensity of LSD experiences, through the simple combination of effects. This is different than the strong potentiation involved in ahyuasacua. With LSD you could consume the peganum harmala at any point.

TLDR: If 1P-LSD and LSD act similarly you won't get the potentiation experienced with ayahuasca. Since this is unconfirmed you'll want to use small doses of both in a allergy test first. Then, if 1P-LSD behaves as LSD, consuming peganum harmala first isn't necessary. You could consume the peganum harmala alkaloids at any period.

thank you very much for the thorough information SteamboatBillJr! I have 40mg left over of bk2-b i may use an hour or so into the trip if not seeming strong enough... (and yes i know, i know.. NO harmala/MOA-a inhibitors w/ phenethylamines!) I think i'll just try that route for now.

Just a bit concerned the 100mcg may not be enough. Traditional tryptamines tend to be very sensitive chemicals to me (i.e., mushrooms); but not lysergics, tend to be the opposite :\ well, at least the last time i tried LSD some 10 years ago on the verge of my 20s.. but who knows..maybe it was bunk?