• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

17 Year Old Boy Died in Police Custody, “Sharp Object Shoved Down His Throat”

However, no one will know if drugs were involved as the blood samples were thrown out.
So...how many instances of criminal negligence (at absolute best) are present in this case?

A kid is killed. Under police custody.
Is literally crushed into the street, under the officers' weight and pressure from knees on his rib cage.
This after they set up a controlled buy on the street - and manhandled the boy as well as assaulting him with pepper spray.
Then "neck restraints" are employed (?) and a foreign object is rammed down the child's throat.
And the toxicology reports go "missing"?

Well, this is either the most incompetent police force and state bureaucracy imaginable, or a bunch of corrupt, torturing, lying killers.
My money is on the latter.

The rapid increase in military tactics by police forces in the developed western world is disturbing.
And it is on full show here, from the "ambush" and the "capture", the "search" or "torture" ('oops, we killed him') to the destruction and suppression of evidence, denial of responsibility, collaboration between LEOs and other bureaucratic bodies to avoid scrutiny of police or questions of misconduct, excessively brutal practices in dealing with fellow citizens - this is what a Police State looks like.

This from the lawsuit PDF:
31. Although Minor N.S. has been deceased for almost Nine (9) months, the Coroner has refused to release his autopsy report to [the deceased]’s mother as of the filing of this complaint.
32. At no time has a member of Defendant City’s Department of Internal Affairs attempted to contact Minor N.S.’s mother or other family members as part of their, or any, investigation into the death of Minor N.S.. Upon information and belief, Internal Affairs has not completed any Internal Affairs Investigation regarding the death of Minor N.S.
COUNT I - EXCESSIVE USE OF FORCE
33. The Plaintiff incorporates by reference paragraphs 1 through 32 of the Complaint
as if fully set out herein.
34. Defendant Officers, exercising their position of authority and acting under the color of state law in their capacity as public officials and representatives of the City of Huntsville and Huntsville Police Department, unlawfully subjected Minor N.S. to excessive and unnecessary force by officers when,
1) encountering no resistance from Minor N.S., they forcefully threw Minor N.S. face down on the ground, handcuffed him and pepper sprayed him in the face;
2) as Minor N.S. was motionless on the ground, Defendant Officer got on top of him, shoved his knees into Minor N.S.’s back, further hindering his ability to breathe;
3) as Defendant Officers, without proper training or experience, probed Minor N.S.’s throat with a sharp instrument as he was choking; and
4) as Defendant Officers broke his ribs, while he was in handcuffs.

I only bothered to look at the PDF because the article failed to even mention where this took place (Alabama, if you're wondering)
Poor kid. Fucked society.

That sounds really fucked up.
But those cops - maybe - we just doing their job, following their rules.

So were the nazis. Just because you are told to commit atrocities does not mean you should do them. I fucking hate it when people say "They are just doing their job, trying to get by." If people had more backbone, even if that meant they drove slower cars or ate shittier meals, there wouldn't be a lot of crap that plagues our world today. Extreme example: Snowden vs NSA.

Criminal charges should be filed. The police system in the US is an inherent evil. Even my pro establishment father sees no good from cops.

I don't think it's inherently evil. I think it's been seized by evil people.

A capitalistic society is impossible without some mechanism to protect private property.

You could, however, argue that capitalism itself is inherently evil. I think Jesus would agree with you.

You could, however, argue that capitalism itself is inherently evil. I think Jesus would agree with you.

I think the problem stems from trying to integrate into a democratic society.

For far longer than I've been alive, western nations have been attemping to amalgamate the following two systems into their national strategy for prosperity, power, and peace:

- I) A democratic governing body, which should mean that the opinion(s) of every eligible citizen of voting age - regardless of net worth - is given equal precedent (in our case, indirectly, by way of an elected representative) when it comes to the creation of laws, and amendment or nullification of existing policies.

- II) A capitalist economic engine rooted in a privatized market, in which the fundamental means of success ($$$$) centers around a simple concept where "business ethics" are routinely thrown out the window: survival of the fittest.

I trust that I don't need to provide examples of how unjust, chaotic, fickle, and plainly fucked up of a situation, the pursuit of happiness money in any western nation has become, but here's a few:

- Private Prisons are profiting off the forced labor of inmates, who are paid less than a dollar for a day's work for Fortune 500 Companies such as Microsoft, Apple, Wal-Mart, and AT&T.

- Law Enforcement promotes more narcotics squad cops to higher paying ranks based on their number of arrests, and augments their yearly bonuses based on a percentage of the amount of "drug money" stolen seized, regardless of the fact that this money may have been taken from non-violent users, and not dealers.

- Western corporations arrange huge loans to second and third-world nations, however, that money doesn't actually go to them. Instead, it goes to the corporation who loaned it in order to build infrastructure projects in that country, such as power plants, highways, industrial parks - things that benefit a few wealthy families in the area, but especially the company who "loaned" the money, but don't help the majority of the people living in poverty over there whatsoever.

It's time to party, bye bye.
NSFW:

Last edited:
Exactly right. There is no good reason informants should be permitted to sell drugs and otherwise entrap people. I find that most police view addicts as.below them, and have no regard for their well being or health or safety, as is proven by the tragic death of this young man.

I differentiate between corporate liberalism and capitalism. Just my 2 cents. However, everyone, and I mean most everyone, has already decided what they believe and nothing I can say will change that. That's why I've gotten bored of political discussions and changed my focus in my education. Politics is just a joke where the rich and powerful make decisions to help the rich and powerful while keeping the general populace busy with many meaningless ideological differences.

Maybe it's just that we all know from personal experience that drugs should be legal/decriminalized but simply stick to what we're told otherwise. If the government/businesses/whoever you blame are wrong about 'x' idea, then what makes them right about the execution 'y' idea? The differences are so cookie-cutter it‘s a joke.

Last edited: