• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

17 Year Old Boy Died in Police Custody, “Sharp Object Shoved Down His Throat”

LogicSoDeveloped

Bluelighter
In an effort to retrieve the alleged bag, the lawsuit claims police had to shove a sharp object into the teen’s throat.
May 7, 2014

A 17 year old boy is dead after a confrontation with police. Nancy Smith, the mother of the teen, has filed a federal lawsuit in March Claiming assault and battery and wrongful death.

Smith’s son was caught in an undercover sting operation buying drugs from an informant. When undercover police rushed in to make the arrest, they did not identify themselves and the 17 year old ran, according to the lawsuit.

The boy was then thrown to the ground and pepper-sprayed.

What happened next is what the lawsuit alleges led to the teen’s death. The officers thought that the teen had swallowed a bag of drugs so a “sharp object” was used to dislodge it. No bag of drugs was ever found according to the lawsuit.

The teen also suffered broken ribs from the officers knees being shoved in his back while on the ground.

It took months before Smith ever received a copy of the autopsy report. The autopsy says that the cause of death is ‘undetermined’ yet could have been due to asphyxiation.

The report states, “Because of the circumstances of this event, it is difficult to discern if the decedent died from a drug overdose or an asphyxia event exacerbated by either the occlusion of the airway by the foreign object, a possible vascular occlusion associated with the neck restraint, or from a combination of all the events that transpired during this incident.”

However, no one will know if drugs were involved as the blood samples were thrown out.

A 17 year old boy is dead because the state claims the authority stop people from ingesting substances they deem unsafe. But the irony in this story is that had the state not tried to “protect this boy from himself” he’d still be alive.

You can read the full lawsuit in PDF format here.

Source: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/17...arp-object-shoved-throat/#Up85eRTK3dbVW0GT.99

Beyond messed up. All this for a bag of drugs the size you can put in your mouth. It was probably a pen...roifging him up puttimg their fat lnees in his baxk amd on his neck and of coirse tjey all yell stop resistimg kinda like hunting an animal standing right tjere and yelling its comin right for us! The cops know how to pit on a show to rough ppl up. Fucking pigs....they knew they wouldn't get a confession so they needed that evidence at any cost, even this 17 years old life. Not old enough to join the military yet fighting in the war on drugs. Kinda cheesy bit true. So many ppl have died and had their lived ruined by the dea, local police prosecutors, judges mandatory minimums...if I win like the hundred million powerball I'd buy it and turn it into blue light island lol.

buying drugs from an informant

Why are informants allowed to sell drugs. I hope they loose big time. Why do we allow our law enforcement to act like animals all the time. Arresting someone should not entail beating them. Why are these cops not charged with murder, If I shoved a sharp object down some cops throat cause I was trying to dislodge a doughnut that was never there I would be up on charges.

I can't believe cops keep getting away with being deadly bullies all so they can get very small end users on drug charges. Insane.

So sick and tired of these rotten narc pigs getting away with murder, manslaughter, etc.

When is this shit gonna stop :|

it's so pathetic and disgusting.
cops that pretend to "protect us" (from what? oh yeah the deadly soul-crushing children-raping drugs 8) ) and take it as a chance to beat innocent people to death. they're soo pathetic, killing a 17 year old boy for no apparent reason.
I'm so fucking sick, so fucking sick of this utter shit.

I'm so fucking sick, so fucking sick of this utter shit.

You and me both :(

I'm probably wasting my time, but I'm gonna forward this article to a couple of people who might be able to do something about it if they really wanted to.

If a cop gets killed on duty everyone uses it as an excuse to cram new drug and gun laws down your throat. A kid gets killed and nothing happens. I watch that show "cops", this was in Alabama, what were the chances this kid was black?

Since my gparents were from Ireland I can get dual citizenship...I might move somewhere in the EU lol...I've seen this kind of shit on cops the fat pigs choking them sticking pens in their mouth, spit it out spit it oiit! The funniest is when they iseba gloved finger and say of you note me I'll beat you. How the fuxk are they allowed to put their finger I'm tour mouth. Fuxk the pigs.

You and me both :(

I'm probably wasting my time, but I'm gonna forward this article to a couple of people who might be able to do something about it if they really wanted to.

go ahead pal, it ain't a waste of time if there's even the slightest chance for these fucks to get some proper punishment.

That sounds really fucked up.
Poor kid :(
But those cops - maybe - we just doing their job, following their rules.
This is why we need to change their rules, and their job descriptions, so that they can actually begin to PROTECT and SERVE the people,
instead of ATTACKING and KILLING the people.

Simply put. Police kill teenager for a small bag of drugs. Hopefully one day ppl I'm the future will read this with complete disbelief were as a society were ever this save to nonviolent drug offender.

Of course the blood sample was thrown away to protect the dirty pigs that killed this poor kid. The pigs responsible should be strapped to a chair and then be worked on with plyers and blowtorch by a bunch of crazy crackheads high on PCP.

That sounds really fucked up.
Poor kid :(
But those cops - maybe - we just doing their job, following their rules.
This is why we need to change their rules, and their job descriptions, so that they can actually begin to PROTECT and SERVE the people,
instead of ATTACKING and KILLING the people.

Kind of surprised to see you say this. You're right though in my opinion. I think its more informality which allows them to act this way. I'm legitimately scared of cops; not because I do anything wrong, it just seems to be part of my neurotic nature, and this doesn't make things better

This is a war, let's go kill some cops- only fair.

Want to make things 1000 times worse? Plenty of people kill cops. Don't only look where they end up, but imagine ruining families. Peace is the way, man.

Why are informants allowed to sell drugs. I hope they loose big time. Why do we allow our law enforcement to act like animals all the time. Arresting someone should not entail beating them. Why are these cops not charged with murder, If I shoved a sharp object down some cops throat cause I was trying to dislodge a doughnut that was never there I would be up on charges.
Shouldn't LEO supplying drugs to a buyer be a prime example of entrapment? Wtf?

It is deranged that they can violate every orifice in your body simply on suspicion of there being drugs in it. Some people keep supporting a passive-submissive do-nothing ideology...... Yeah, that'll work.

Try hugging someone who is about to rape you. They will simply act as if that is permission.

I wonder if countries with stricter drug laws even do this. In Thailand they practically fist you, especially women, but who knows what happens in less savage Asian countries. You would think it would be taboo but then again it is behind closed doors.