• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos 16 yrs old and i think im addicted to XANAX

Yeah its not that bad and doing excercise really helps i know it could be way worse, and I actually did learn my lesson im not gonna fuck with xanax anymore and if i ever do it would be just once a week max
Thats what I said when I went through withdrawals... Then of course later on in life I was back where I started ?

IMO cold turkey is the best way to get symptoms of withdrawl that are not fun at all. I would say lower your dose every 5 days by 0.25mg so like some said 0.75 on day 5 , 0.5 on day 10, 0.25 on day 15 and on day 20 you should be out of it. without any discomfort.

If you are interested I know some herbs that help reduce the dosage and mabe even replace benzo's for anxiety after you have gotten rid of them for as long as you like as they have no real side effect and are non-addictive.
The best herbs I have found for daytime anxiety is a combination of Chamomile and lemonbalm in a 1:1 combo either in a tea or eaten raw (I have 1 pound of each in bulk), along with green tea. (I usually drink green tea seperated because I like the taste).

Pharmacologically this combination potentiate benzodiazepines and when you are off them it can replace them by increasing the potency of endogenous(already in your system) substances that act like benzodiazepines.
The good thing about those plants is that they have alot of other helpful effect other than acting like benzodiazepines. The combination is also pharmacologically synergic to ge the most out of nature's help.

Hope you get back to normal without discomfort and that you will take drugs more seriously in the future. (a little about me, I am 19 and have done alot of stupid stuff with drugs and gained some drug experiance, but there is nothing better than legit internet researches about drugs and brain chemistry to know what you are doing to yourself exactly by taking the drug, with drugs knowing is better than experimenting.)
PM me if you want some advices or informations about how to search on drugs or on drugs and brain chemistry.

Some good advice here, but please be aware that most people have anxiety. It's actually normal-virtually no one is self-assured in every situation. Changing your bio-chemistry doesn't eliminate anxiety.

It might be a good idea to put down the weed for a while as well.

Ok it's sounds like this, to me; You're young & reckless(or just stupid like most!), and looking for a good buzz. So you score some Xanax after hearing little johnny-fucktard bragging about how awesome they are and how much they "fuck you up".

So basically Xanax is prescribed to treat anxiety. You sound like you didn't have anxiety, but now after abusing Xanax, when you quit, you experience anxiety. That's what they call a "rebound effect". Anxiety meds wear off, you get more anxious. Pain meds wear off, here comes more pain.
Adderall wears off, get ready for a reappearance of ADHD sypmtpms.

"For every action there is an equal and OPPOSITE reaction"
This is a law of physics, but you'd be surprised how well it applies to drugs.

Ok heres what you do, OP. After even 2 weeks taking Xanax every day, multiple times a day, you would not be addicted. Mentally you might crave them, but physical addiction to Xanax wouldn't occur unless you'd been taking them for at least a month or more, at high doses and frequency.

As for the rebound anxiety; IF YOU CONTINUE TO USE XANAX, you're anxiety will become gradually worse & worse over time, and even high doses will fail to relieve your symptoms. In other words if you keep taking them, you'll be Shit outta Luck in the future.

Second, Xanax makes people STUPID. I've known many people who took Xanax, and when they did, it was like their IQ took a 25-50% reduction. Just retarted, the stuff makes them, they either don't notice or don't care.

So put the stuff down...if you have some left, take 1/4 bar during rebound Anxiety emergencies ONLY. That should help cravings etc...

If you smoke weed, that can definitely worsen anxiety and ESPECIALLY during withdrawal states from depressants, however mild the habit...because pot is really a stimulant.

Lastly, you're too damn young to be experimenting with hard drugs OP!
Put down the pills and dope for a while, and focus on your future, before you go too far and fuck it up with drugs or bad choices or whatever.

Pills, dope, weed...it'll all be their tomorrow. But you're opportunities may not be if you keep using the shit today. So seize the day, make good choices, leave alone the drugs, ditch the bad crowd, and at least try to get you're shit together while you still can.

Believe it or not OP you're in the best years of your life right now. Don't throw it away. Because in the future, when you're older & a hard-working adult, you might have a bad day, and THEN you can take drugs if need be. But if you want drugs during the best years of you're life, whats it gonna take to get you through the WORST years further on up the road??

Just think before you act OP. Good luck, and stay away from the dope AT LEAST until you're brain is fully developed around the age 24.

Ok it's sounds like this, to me; You're young & reckless(or just stupid like most!), and looking for a good buzz. So you score some Xanax after hearing little johnny-fucktard bragging about how awesome they are and how much they "fuck you up".

So basically Xanax is prescribed to treat anxiety. You sound like you didn't have anxiety, but now after abusing Xanax, when you quit, you experience anxiety. That's what they call a "rebound effect". Anxiety meds wear off, you get more anxious. Pain meds wear off, here comes more pain.
Adderall wears off, get ready for a reappearance of ADHD sypmtpms.

"For every action there is an equal and OPPOSITE reaction"
This is a law of physics, but you'd be surprised how well it applies to drugs.

Ok heres what you do, OP. After even 2 weeks taking Xanax every day, multiple times a day, you would not be addicted. Mentally you might crave them, but physical addiction to Xanax wouldn't occur unless you'd been taking them for at least a month or more, at high doses and frequency.

As for the rebound anxiety; IF YOU CONTINUE TO USE XANAX, you're anxiety will become gradually worse & worse over time, and even high doses will fail to relieve your symptoms. In other words if you keep taking them, you'll be Shit outta Luck in the future.

Second, Xanax makes people STUPID. I've known many people who took Xanax, and when they did, it was like their IQ took a 25-50% reduction. Just retarted, the stuff makes them, they either don't notice or don't care.

So put the stuff down...if you have some left, take 1/4 bar during rebound Anxiety emergencies ONLY. That should help cravings etc...

If you smoke weed, that can definitely worsen anxiety and ESPECIALLY during withdrawal states from depressants, however mild the habit...because pot is really a stimulant.

Lastly, you're too damn young to be experimenting with hard drugs OP!
Put down the pills and dope for a while, and focus on your future, before you go too far and fuck it up with drugs or bad choices or whatever.

Pills, dope, weed...it'll all be their tomorrow. But you're opportunities may not be if you keep using the shit today. So seize the day, make good choices, leave alone the drugs, ditch the bad crowd, and at least try to get you're shit together while you still can.

Believe it or not OP you're in the best years of your life right now. Don't throw it away. Because in the future, when you're older & a hard-working adult, you might have a bad day, and THEN you can take drugs if need be. But if you want drugs during the best years of you're life, whats it gonna take to get you through the WORST years further on up the road??

Just think before you act OP. Good luck, and stay away from the dope AT LEAST until you're brain is fully developed around the age 24.

Yeah I dont know I think ill still smoke weed once in a while but definitely no more pills, my friends arent "bad" people I think their just going through a gangster phase or something like some people go through an emo phase when their teenagers hahaha.

How're you feeling today ?

Better it was bad for the first 3 days now im starting to feel normal again exercise is whats helping the most. Im glad I found this website because I really couldnt talk about this with my family or friends haha.

Hey OP, did you try chamomile with lemon balm? It is really awsome for rebound anxiety and insomnia, also it give the peace of mind that cannabis gives when you take more than 3-4 grams of each not in a tea; raw with some water or juice, chamomile doesnt taste bad but lemon balm is a little bitter so juice would be good to get off it. If you wonder where to buy LEGAL HERBS, just try to google : buy bulk chamomile in (the write your country).

These herbs are awsome, legal and have good anti-cancer activity. If you want a sedative and peaceful effect those are better than drugs. Altho I agree cannabis is good too but using it like once a week is ALOT better than daily, trust me on that I have used cannabis daily for 3 years and when I stopped and used it once a week and swiched from vaporized to oral its just awsome, alot more psychedelic yet really peaceful. Altho I always dose at like 2-3 pm cuz it takes like 2-3 hours to kick in and after 5 hours in the trip (yes you can call it a trip) you sleep for sure.

be careful. Xanax is a slippier slope than smack. id suggest to avoid it at all cost. you are early in the game and its the perfect thime to get out bc it just gets harder and harder,