• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery 16 years oxy user working up plan to get off for good please help have questions

38 yr old
Not sure on weight, he's list so much through the abuse the past few months and even more since the wd....totally wild guess 160-180, he's tall and was at like 220ish b4 using in July.

He was the one who initially wanted to stop. He started withdrawing in his own and cut down to a veRy light taper method, on his own. It was way to huge of a cut imo. This was just him and i dealing with it. But, he couldn't do it once he was in wd for 2 days, he went and scored minimal amount the following day. So then the following morning, he was sick again and broke down telling his mother.

When asked why he finally confided in her he said "because I knew if I walked out that door, I want going to make it" so I hear what you're saying but just from what I know of him...he truly wants out of it.

He's tallying about $8000 spent in a month to month and a half and said what's the point of working, just so I can but more drugs. He's definitely been thinking it through. You have to understand that while I've been by his side, I've also always loved him and been there, but never let him think I believed him when he denied things that were clearly blatant signs he was using. It's been a daily (& I say that literally) conversation, just always ending in his denial. So he knew that everyone knew. It's not just using, it was abusing to the obvious point of anyone who encountered him.

He doesn't know I'm on bluelight, he knows I'm an avid reader and that Google was my closest friend when it comes to things I don't know about. I just like to learn, by nature. And love reading. I share things with him from here, he doesn't ask where I got it from, I've tried to get him to check it out and I *believe* he's started his own research online, but he is so private and naturally shy he just keeps everything inside. The reason I believe he's been looking into it, some words and phrases he's used about getting clean are things I find straight online, it's not street talk, ya know? And he had already looked into warm turkey methods, deathly afraid of what he's dealing with now.

Progress!!!!- last night he didn't toss/thrash much at all. He took 2 long baths, slept some (probably doesn't feel that way to him, but I was there..he did). Won't eat... but he's taking ensure and hot tea. Loves the warmth of thints right now. I think he's on the other side of this mountain. I don't have enough perc supply to get him through this even at 50mg/day I can only supply him with 4 days worth. No re ups until the 7th. (That's due to him getting into my supply and taking about 30 of them at one point...) I truly hope we never have to bake this again, being familiar with the addiction I also know it's lifelong and he will get cravings.

CD I wish I could give you amounts, if I had any to go by i would. You are entirely right, there could be something else. In September I broke up with him for 2weeks bcuz I thought he was doing "something" ....we had a pre planned Vaca in Chincoteague compete with plane tickets, hotel room, rental car etc....during this vacation he told me he had been main lining heroin every 5-6 hrs daily for the past 2weeks. He had suboxone with him (I guess he planned to quit prior and prepared) so we went through slight partial wd one day, then started on suboxone. Things seemed good, but when we returned to Florida I know that he didn't stick it out, my best guess is he went back to roxy/oxy then cut his arm with chainsaw and needed something powerful since he had built a tolerance. I would say that he's being honest about fentanyl since it's like super powerful, and he probably used any opiate filter in between if he couldn't get that.

Sry for the long winded post, just trying to give some background and not miss replying to anything mentioned.

Latest BP update
153/84

Not bad since the systolic # would naturally increase from stress or pain

Broken zopran is great its what i asked my doc for guess he didnt hear me didnt want to push it. I had a 8mg sub strip all cut up in small doses when i jumped and kratom but didnt need either. But 1 8mg strip used no more than a week is suppose to be the best to get thru acute wd. If he used that way once before maybe being you can get off so much easier relapse is possible. After this detox i doubt he will ever use again epecially since hes 38 years old (getting too old for this shit) im even older and i was not gonna live from a pill bottle anymore and since i was moving to fl eventually i didnt want to look for pain doc there even tho i know they are all over fl in nj pain docs are cracking down on real pain patients they dont care only worried about themselves. He sounds like hes turning the corner if hes doin better i would not give him the percs maybe days ago when acute was horrible, it would maybe add a slight amount of time on wd. wishing him the best of luck

Latest BP update
153/84

Not bad since the systolic # would naturally increase from stress or pain

top number high not real high mine was 170/97 this morning im getting some strong rebound hypertension, when he starts to feel better dont stop bp med rebound hypertension is a bitch

btw i use to take vaca every winter in North Captiva island (not Captiva) north captiva you have to take small boat ferry from cape corral if your on the west coast try it i love the place hell even if your on the east coast lol short drive across After he finishes this detox look up North Captiva Island club resort perfect for both of you!

Last edited:
WTF! day 7 and 4 times today runs at work really fn draining me does anybody know how long the fn runs last!

top number high not real high mine was 170/97 this morning im getting some strong rebound hypertension, when he starts to feel better dont stop bp med rebound hypertension is a bitch

btw i use to take vaca every winter in North Captiva island (not Captiva) north captiva you have to take small boat ferry from cape corral if your on the west coast try it i love the place hell even if your on the east coast lol short drive across After he finishes this detox look up North Captiva Island club resort perfect for both of you!

Sounds like a great idea, I went to Captiva Island as early teen and loved it, never been to N Captiva.

His mom is refusing me to give him bp meds also!!! I'm trying my best to be a real help AND work on a united front with her (I understand not wanting him to take the percs!) but bp is dangerous if it gets high, he's not too bad right noway, but she said no meds unless prescribed to him personally by his Dr. He doesn't have one and she's not planning to take him. I have my word that I won't give him the percs and I will keep that word, but how can we not treat his bp if it gets worse or stays high?? He was injecting, chances of clouds embolism are there...any how she's off work this week and works from home next week, I'm taking 3 days off beginning the following week so he's doesn't end up alone during the process. She's temporarily shut the business down, no work for 2 weeks so I am trying to come up with viable reading material and home hobbies to keto him occupied mentally once he's done with the physical withdrawing.

The runs SUCK! Especially after getting used to a lack of runs for years and years. Mine lasted awhile - like 30 days. But I also had all those appetite problems and didn't really eat solid foods for about 30 days - so I just assumed it was that. Have you tried immodium?

- VE

Sounds like a great idea, I went to Captiva Island as early teen and loved it, never been to N Captiva.

His mom is refusing me to give him bp meds also!!! I'm trying my best to be a real help AND work on a united front with her (I understand not wanting him to take the percs!) but bp is dangerous if it gets high, he's not too bad right noway, but she said no meds unless prescribed to him personally by his Dr. He doesn't have one and she's not planning to take him. I have my word that I won't give him the percs and I will keep that word, but how can we not treat his bp if it gets worse or stays high?? He was injecting, chances of clouds embolism are there...any how she's off work this week and works from home next week, I'm taking 3 days off beginning the following week so he's doesn't end up alone during the process. She's temporarily shut the business down, no work for 2 weeks so I am trying to come up with viable reading material and home hobbies to keto him occupied mentally once he's done with the physical withdrawing.

Moms .....keep a check on his bp especially in morning time, if it goes any higher i would talk some sence into her. She probably doesnt understand and thinks it will hurt him theres more chance you can hurt him by not giving it to him especially after seeing his top # at 158 before keep up your great spirits its the best thing hes got going for him now.

The runs SUCK! Especially after getting used to a lack of runs for years and years. Mine lasted awhile - like 30 days. But I also had all those appetite problems and didn't really eat solid foods for about 30 days - so I just assumed it was that. Have you tried immodium?

- VE

Funny and true VE I dont remember the last time i had them i wouldnt even get them when i was sick. 30 days omg i dont think i could take that, I went from supplementing magnesium for years then mrylax till i seen the new warnings yeah after being on it a couple years everyday just a little is all i needed a day. I was starting to think i had ibs too besides ops so yeah its been a helluva longtime. I did immodium first day of withdrawals i took three pills and i didnt go for almost first 4 days wd which would normally scare me but wasnt worried in wd probably too many weed brownies, so im not goin the immodium route yet.

Tld- I'm eating solid food and I am in between so to speak. I quit counting days but I'm a little ahead of you. Don't know if it matters, but I was coming off a higher dose. Luckily my doc gave me dicyclomine and oh so soft TP!

Broken- we can only go by what we read so I appreciate the explanation. I still think what you're doing is great!!
The last dose has also given you some great advice. The blood pressure issue is real and mom needs to get with him getting better.
It's not easy, we know but we're here.

Broken - forgot to say congratulations on getting him in the tub. It's great!

Broken: Fentanyl is very hard to detox from. My friend was on the patches.... took her two weeks to feel anything close to better. Days 3-7 were her worst...her husband actually carried her into the bathtub, sponge bathed, her and dried her off. She had 0 energy at all....so hang in there. You may want to research fentanyl specifically.
I know, as coming off of oxymorphone, I face a tougher battle than when I came off of oxycodone and vicodin. You are doing great as a support/loving person....keep the faith!

Thanks for the support! I think the .25 alprazolam and diazepim will do for now, I'll probably give him bp meds too if the bp increases. I've decided not to even re up my own supply for neck/back. If i get locked up my dr will see me straight away and give me shots, they already did the RFA to burn the neck nerves and I do still get pains in the neck, just in different areas now, the migraines are the worst. Either way, I'm not re upping and having those around as a temptation down the rd.

He's already been going through this since Sunday , no point in getting back into taper method after this many days in.

Hi TLD, Cduggles, and Broken: So... thank you all for your posts to me... appreciate the support so very much. Cravings are hitting today... always something. But, I am hanging in there.... cold here.... BRRRR.

Throw a blanket in the dryer and snuggle up P0ke! Stay strong?

Tonight's update on John (omg I said his name)....

He looks amazingly improved. Mom made him sit out on the couch in the recliner instead of bed, he ate some rice and apple slices. Did not get sick! He even let her cut his hair. Says he feels very very weak. He took a couple hot baths ??? and is in there again right now.

I felt like this was good news even though it was a blow to me... he said "I have a confession, I smoked crack"
Me:" you mean when you were like 18 or something?"
Him: "yes, and last week"
"Why John, what was that all about?"
"I was trying for about 2 weeks to clean up on my own and taper and nothing worked, I kept failing....so last week I was so sick of this relentless cycle and didn't want to get sick...I scored some crack instead of doing fentanyl"

He also really really surprised me and said he thinks he may need to go to meetings after this, which I offered to go with him. I'm happy with where his mind is. He does keep getting very emotional with tears and such, he's never really been that way before, but I did read that can come with part of the withdrawals.

I didn't even offer him the diazepim or alprazolam, since he seems much much better today. So I guess if he's been in withdrawals since Sunday morning til Thursday night, and complete cold turkey since Tuesday morning, that's 5 1/2 days. Still weak, not eating much aND having bowel issues, but I think he's through the worst of the worst physically.

Hi, good morning all! I can not express enough my gratitude towards all of you, it's like that game show they used to play and I chose "use my lifeline" and here I am using my lifeline with you guys. Feels good taking to people who have gone through and are going through this. So many intelligent people end up in addiction, I would like to see an I.Q. study on that matter.

John ended up wanting the diazepim and alprazolam to try and get shut eye, he did get some, several hours. Then awoke around 3:30 a.m. with pains and restlessness, more sneezing. Irritated at the movie that was on they were speaking in Chinese or something and he said "shut the fuck up already" turned the TV off and threw the remote control. He couldn't get his mind off things, I asked if trying to read would occupy his mind and make him sleepy, he said he doesn't even want to hold a book and he'll use it as a projectile instead. I'm only bring one diazepim and one alprazolam a day because I only had 5 each, the valuim I was prescribed 5 for my RFA and never used them and the alprazolam is for PTSD but I only take them in actual panic or anxiety attack, so there 5 left from my prescription a year ago. I think that's good though, so he can't really build a tolerance up to that.
He's in alot of back pain and fears it will always be there and the only thing that will work is the opiates, I told him it will go away in time, he didn't get this way in 5 days and 5 days isn't going to fix it, but that each day has been better and reminded him how bad it was at the beginning of the week. I drew him a bath, he didn't stay in long but it felt good. At some point he fell back to sleep, I got up for work at 6 a.m. and he was sleeping so I left quietly.

Odd symptom: he mentioned in the earlier part of the week his urine was an orange color, could that have been dehydration? I've had dark yellow when I was dehydrated, never orange. He is now peeing clear, so I think I can stop worrying about dehydration for the moment. Yesterday he ate apple sauce, small amount of rice and good size orange sherbet. He said things were starting to have actual taste again. Good luck to everyone, stay strong!
Love n light~
Kim

Hi, good morning all! I can not express enough my gratitude towards all of you, it's like that game show they used to play and I chose "use my lifeline" and here I am using my lifeline with you guys. Feels good taking to people who have gone through and are going through this. So many intelligent people end up in addiction, I would like to see an I.Q. study on that matter.

John ended up wanting the diazepim and alprazolam to try and get shut eye, he did get some, several hours. Then awoke around 3:30 a.m. with pains and restlessness, more sneezing. Irritated at the movie that was on they were speaking in Chinese or something and he said "shut the fuck up already" turned the TV off and threw the remote control. He couldn't get his mind off things, I asked if trying to read would occupy his mind and make him sleepy, he said he doesn't even want to hold a book and he'll use it as a projectile instead. I'm only bring one diazepim and one alprazolam a day because I only had 5 each, the valuim I was prescribed 5 for my RFA and never used them and the alprazolam is for PTSD but I only take them in actual panic or anxiety attack, so there 5 left from my prescription a year ago. I think that's good though, so he can't really build a tolerance up to that.
He's in alot of back pain and fears it will always be there and the only thing that will work is the opiates, I told him it will go away in time, he didn't get this way in 5 days and 5 days isn't going to fix it, but that each day has been better and reminded him how bad it was at the beginning of the week. I drew him a bath, he didn't stay in long but it felt good. At some point he fell back to sleep, I got up for work at 6 a.m. and he was sleeping so I left quietly.

Odd symptom: he mentioned in the earlier part of the week his urine was an orange color, could that have been dehydration? I've had dark yellow when I was dehydrated, never orange. He is now peeing clear, so I think I can stop worrying about dehydration for the moment. Yesterday he ate apple sauce, small amount of rice and good size orange sherbet. He said things were starting to have actual taste again. Good luck to everyone, stay strong!
Love n light~
Kim

Hi Kim, my name is john too i wouldnt worry about the urine now that its cleared, tell him to get use to sleeping 2 to 4 hour nights im on day 8 and its still all i get some say it could go on much longer. Dont even mention the bowl problems i had the runs six times at work yesterday and five more times throughout the night so i called out today. I actually did something op addicts would never even consider i took three immodiums again this morning i dont care im dehydrating just got back from rite aid with two big bottles of gateraid. And i still need xanax to really get more than two hours of sleep a night and with it i get four hours at best i'll take it. I get panick or axiety attacks too thankfully not too often so i always get some xans from a friend to hold onto. It takes a while to get all your own strength back sometimes months so i lift weights and ride a stationary bike and go for walks hes not quite ready for that yet but eventually he will need to so he can start to fill the empty pain recepters in his brain look up natural supplements to regain dopamine and endorphins hell need it. Best of luck Kim & John