• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

15mg DXM Pills - Different Ways To Ingest

Personally I don't think DXM compares to K at all other than vague disso qualities they share. There seems to be a genetic component to appreciation of the DXM experience. Some people describe it as euphoric and fun, but personally I can't stand DXM, find it quite dysphoric and overall one of the worst drugs I've ever tried (and I've tried it numerous times to give it a fair review). I do like to add it in smaller doses to other drugs such as psychedelics. It strongly potentiates almost all other drugs.

I would consider a light dose to be 80-140mg. 200mg is considered a low end medium dose.

It's soluble in water, so you can dissolve it if you want.

Overall I love K but really dislike DXM in general. I would trade 10000000 DXM pills for 100mg of K :shrug:

Also, I found cannabis was required to bring out any sort of fun from DXM.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I got hold of a bottle of 100 15mg DXM pills. I've never taken DXM before but it's always interested me. I've used Ketamine extensively in my early 20s and recently have been able to get 10ml vials of med grade, so I have been holing on those nicely a couple of times this year.

2 quick questions: can you get into a K Hole like state with DXM? If not what's it like at large dosages?

Lastly, I want to try a light dose to get a feel of it before going all in. But a light dose is like 200mg. Thats 13 of these triangle pills that aren't exactly small. Does anyone have a method of possibly crushing them all up and dissolving into a liquid or something like that?

Thanks!
Hey ! Good morning. Gonna slide your thread over to basic drug Discussion as it's a legitimate question with harm reduction value. Plus i think you will get more responses.

I know both Ketamine and DXM (and MEO-PCE, OXO-PCE) and they are really different. Ketamine really gets you high at lower dosages and makes you hole quite quickly when you go higher. DXM is a dirty drug that just fucks you up in a weird way at lower dosages. At 600mg, it becomes dissociative and quite intense but not all that pleasant. I once used 1000mg and that did make me hole, it was quite impressive but not pleasant. I was glad when it was over and my head felt like the DXM had caused some brain damage for a day or two. If you can get K, why bother with junk like DXM?

Yeah, DXM and other dissociatives are quite different from each other, they just share a common mechanism (NMDA antagonism), the fact that they're profoundly intoxicating, and a common disso 'signature' (you'll know what it is when you've done some. Like a common feeling.)

Don't go for DXM calculators, they fool one into believing that DXM would affect everybody similar at similar dosages but this is completely wrong. Not only are for some 150 what for others are 350mg but the effects also vary greatly between individuals, most probably based on individually different liver enzymes and thus metabolism but it's not the whole picture. Dissociatives are among the drugs with most individually different effects. The plateaus usually listed with DXM are partially there for any dissociatives, again you'll know what I mean when you've been dabbling a bit with them.

Then does DXM have the weird property of an inverse relation by trip depth and age, the younger one is the more profound the experience. This might be partially true for all dissos but K is much more reliable. They also call it the '50 trip limit', that DXM becomes empty and dull after roughly 50 trips - again a random, rough estimation of course. Part is tolerance which differently than with other drugs will never reach baseline again after it once took off. Nobody knows yet why. Sorry, I'm drifting off topic.

I loved DXM as a teenager until mid 20, in some periods I was using daily or almost daily with some days in-between and it was so fucking great. I was just using 150-250mg and got an empathogenic, stimulant kind of effect with a slight disso signature. When using 300-450mg it was definitely dissociative with CEVs and 600+mg induced panic attacks for me.. Nowadays, with ~35 and a heavy tolerance due to multiple years of deschloroketamine abuse, I don't tolerate DXM anymore, it just induces psychotic effects like hearing voices.

I would suggest to start with 150mg's, wait 2h and if you want more, do another 150mg etc.

Thank you @Snafu in the Void

This is like when I came out as saying I didn't like the taste of beer. I thought it was shitty, vegetable soda, but the world around me loved the shit. I couldn't rectify that in my head.

The same is really true about Dextromethorphan (DXM) and Ketamine. I've never really found them to be that similar. I feel they both live up to their name as Dissociative. I've never really enjoyed DXM in its own right. It's something that, maybe, if I had enough other ingredients, like Cannabis, some sedatives and a trip to the movie theater, I could justify taking some DXM, but it's certainly nothing I've ever craved. It's just another box of drugs for which the basis of their legality becomes clear to anyone who (mis)uses them. Like anything, of course some folks love DXM and I've had some enjoyable experiences myself, but "really great; fun; cool" experiences are not the norm and are going to require a lot of outside effort.

You seemed to be kind of questioning/new, so I just thought I would give you my opinion. As far as consuming them, I really feel that the idea of crushing/soluting the pills is complicated and might actually make the process of ingesting them worse, as then you would be ingesting an alkaline, chalky slush. If you want to go that route, it's just as easy as you'd think. Find a flat surface, pulverize your pills, mix with water in some kind of vessel, like a drinking glass until the two are combined as a solution. Consume the solution.

Otherwise, I would just recommend taking a couple at a time followed by some water, perhaps allow a few seconds in between if it makes you uncomfortable. There's no need to do it too quickly, so just take your time.

Someone told me nobody get actual ketamine ? That it’s mostly RCs sold as ketamine ? I don’t know how true this is since I’m not into ketamine, but has anyone tested their K to make sure it actually it what it’s suppose to be ?

Someone told me nobody get actual ketamine ? That it’s mostly RCs sold as ketamine ? I don’t know how true this is since I’m not into ketamine, but has anyone tested their K to make sure it actually it what it’s suppose to be ?
Well, I guess it depends where you are living and buying from. On deep web markets you definitely get real ketamine, at least some years ago it was this. But it's no more diverted from vets but illicitly synthed and often impure. Vials are rare in most countries and expensive.

These days we have indeed lots of RCs going around and possibility is always with drugs that you don't get what you wanted. At least are Disso RCs less bad than fent. I bought deschloroketamine and got cathinones, for example, from a Chinese vendor...

Sounds like DXM low dosages are for me. Will give it a try this weekend and let you know what I think.
Yeah, keep us posted! Most people use DXM as their first disso and come later to K and other arylcyclohexylamines. Wonder what your experience will be.

One crucial difference too. DXM majorly enhances MDMA's neurotoxicity.

I don't know this, buy from my own experience I feel and reason that ketamine may negate, protect against it.

Ketamine use may have been my own cushion re excesive MDMA use.

I did combine DXM with MDMA too before I understood really never to.

It certainly impacted negatively at the time too.

I did DXM with methoxetamine, both of them with memantine and a few other combinations of dissociatives including methoxetamine and ketamine. Sometimes there was increased psychotomimesis but usually things were fine. I see no reason why a combo of dissos should be more toxic or dangerous than increased amounts of just one.

Some people love to combine DXM with weed for increased efficacy but I suggest to try it alone first to get to know the substance.

Adding Keta will result in more of a dissociative and less empathogenic effects. DXM is a strong serotonergic which keta lacks. Also be prepared to get pronounced robo walk, specially if you get this effect from ket alone.

As ket has such a short half life it could be used as a booster instead of redosing on the DXM which would lead to a 2+ days trip (the rebound from DXM tends to be nice though, its called afterglow and can have a lot of antidepressant effects).

Last edited:

There's plenty of real ketamine, but yeah it depends on where you're getting it from. There are also tons of RC dissos that people could sell as ketamine. I have noticed that most of the time I encounter people with ketamine at festivals and stuff, it's cut to absolute shit, people are doing massive lines and walking around. They'll give me a line and I'll get a little bit dissociated... it feels like ketamine, but it's just obviously really impure. That said, pure ketamine is also readily available, I just don't care for it that much, I prefer other dissociatives, and I prefer psychedelics over dissociatives, in any case, regardless of which dissociative it is.

Can lower doses of DXM reduce anxiety? I find K does. Just wondering I'm keen to pop a few of these little fuckers but if they increase anxiety then I'll wait until I'm alone.
You have been on here for 16 years and still have questions about the active ingredient in OTC cough syrup? That is what you are talking about right? Dextromethorphan?

And what exactly are you expecting to get from it? When I had a cold and took it as recommended all it did for me was ease my cough. Never took it for its disassociative effects. Not trying to downplay your concern here but maybe you should just pop some and see what happens. If it makes you anxious...well it makes you anxious. If it makes you jittery and all trippy.....well that's good too I guess.

What exactly do you want this chemical to do to you?

Finding out if anyone has had anti-anxiety effects from taking it at lower doses? You know just getting some opinions on it.

Isn't that what people do on forums? You should know that right you've been here 1 year?
Touche

Can lower doses of DXM reduce anxiety? I find K does. Just wondering I'm keen to pop a few of these little fuckers but if they increase anxiety then I'll wait until I'm alone.
Yeah, they can but not for everyone, and not without dangers. I was using DXM and other dissociatives exactly for this purpose during years and eventually became addicted but I was in a very dark place back then and I'd say a benzo or opioid addiction is worse. Dissociatives are the only agents afaik which have such a pronounced anti anxiety effect without being sedating (in fact they are more of stimulants than sedatives).

This side of dissociatives isn't so known though, many people never try such low dosages and I guess it's only so profound for people with anxiety, for others there isn't much to find in low Disso dosages..

If you decide to try low dose DXM, please report how it affected you!

I've never tried Ket before. But when I was younger I used DXM alot. To be honest, DXM is really not much fun imo. they call it robo tripping not just because of Robitussin cough syrup, but also because it makes your body feel and move robotic at certain doses. This robotic feeling can literally make it hard to walk or move and you should not even think about driving a vehicle ( I made this mistake once and when the DXM kicked into robo phase I was unable to turn my head to look for oncoming traffic - so please do not plan on driving)

I would suggest you do an allergy test first by taking a small amount of the DXM to see if you have a bad reaction. You can always take more. That said there are levels when using DXM called plateaus. the plateau chart goes from 1 to 4 ( some people say there is a 5th plateau) please be aware that the higher plateaus can be VERY disso to the point that you black out and or lose touch with reality completely (I speak from experience - one time I thought my head had literally floated off my body like a balloon and I was just stuck walking around blind - not fun) I will copy and paste a breakdown of the plateaus below so you can have an idea of them. But keep in mind they depend on your dose in connection to your body weight so the chart is just a generic general idea. The last thing i'll say is that some research has shown that repeated heavy use of DXM can create brain damage and possible holes in the brain ( that is what made me stop years ago) Erowids has some good information on DXM that you may want to review prior to your use.

1st plateau: 75-250mgs slight buzz and euphoria. Mental clarity, feelings of peacefulness. All in all this is a very mellow plateau, some people don't feel any effects at all on this plateau.

2nd plateau: 250-350mgs. this plateau is closely related to the first just more intensify all above-mentioned effects by 2-3x. You may experience some tracers and light distortion and possibly light CEVs. Nausea and dizziness is possible at this stage. This is a good starter plateau for people new to DXM.

3rd plateau: 350-600mgs. This plateau is where DXM changes from a slightly alcohol related buzz to a borderline psychedelic experience. Effects include strong light distortion, pronounced colors, tracers, heavy body and head buzz. The clarity of thought transforms into a web of intertwining thoughts. CEVs are more profound now. You may feel as if you're in a waking dream. Nausea and vomiting is quite common at this stage.

4th/5th plateau: 600-1000mgs. This plateau is not to be taken lightly. You will no longer have much cognitive function and out-of-body experiences are possible here. Effects include dreaming while awake, intense and profound CEVs, complete dissociation from ones senses, aural hallucinations, drifting in and out of consciousness without being able to tell the difference. Never attempt reaching this plateau without either a trip sitter or without heavy experience with the lower plateaus and be sure you have enough willpower to keep yourself from trying to go anywhere because walking at this stage is damn near impossible.

Hope this helps. Be safe and smart and have fun!

For me over time the robo features disappeared completely but yeah the first times I took DXM I could barely walk on it, and together with some codeine it was even worse, my muscles completely relaxed, it felt like my body was made of wet cotton.

My recommendation is to try first plateau first, it's where the most fun lies at. Don't let yourself fool by the fact that not everybody gets them, it doesn't mean at all that it's be a weak experience, but it's related to individual metabolism. I used to get anxiolytic, mood lifting effects even from just 75mg. That's how I've discovered it, during a hefty cold I took dxm as recommended during a few days and at day 2 or 3 it began to feel so fucking good like I hadn't felt for a long time. After a while there was negative tolerance and just a single 75mg dose would have effects. Note that I'm speaking about pure DXM, not a salt form so it equals to maybe 100mg of the hydrobromide. The product I was using was listed that way.

Imo it also depends on your metabolism whether you get Keta like stuff or not. I'm not entirely sure but they describe DXM as being psychedelic, DXO as stoning / dissociative and then there are other, afaik yet unresearched metabolites. One of them must be quite toxic, as nowadays I don't tolerate DXM anymore, it would give me psychotic plus symptoms like hearing voices but no more anxiolysis, dissociation or trip. This was while on opioids which must have changed my metabolism, I don't see other explanations so far. Will try again now that I'm off opioids. I miss DXM, for me it was great fun and not soo unlikely K btw at plateau #1 and #2. Couldn't go higher because of panic attacks due to its potent norepinephrine reuptake inhibition.

The only use for these is to reduce tolerance to real drugs

I miss mx DXM :( was using it for months and months and it continued to work as intended. Only when I began to dabble with opioids and deschloroketamine it began to stop working and turned into a psychotomimetic (hearing voices, feelings of impending doom). It was so neat to have my favorite drug available as OTC off the pharmacy.