• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

15 year vacation

defanged

Greenlighter
[most summarized version of early life w/r/t: garbage head and serious pot head in high school, IV cocaine and heroin starting in college... Quit the "hard stuff" 5 or so years ago, maintaining on (legal) benzos, psychostimilulants, high potency PO (well, mostly) opioids for chronic pain... occasional random shit that lands in my lap.]

3 weeks ago, i recoeved a completely out-of-the-blue type contact - - a guarded but obvious text from a marijuana dealer I haven't dealt with for at least 7 or 8 years, but was had be as reliable as a drug dealer - his shit was always quality and dealing him with so not scary in the least that i am certain that I never had a moment of disquited - letting me know that he has *gotten back in the game*. I would have ignored it, but I have a serious chronic pain problem, and was curious to try out the analgesic effects of good weed.
He old me 4 grams - the sample pack, i guess - he asked me what kind specific kind of product I wanted, but honestly, the stuff I got in high school and college was either crapola or so effected by the enourmous amount of other sthit i was taking, that i never really paid attention to the particular strain i was buying. (Also I lived in the western north then, and manhattan now).

Here's my qusetion: what should i look for when what i want is a highly analgesic, euphoric sedation, but minimal anxiety...

- if this question is verboten, i apoligize. i did read the rules and guideless, but my memory is shot to shit... -

PS - grammar and cannabis remind me of one of those perfect storms - diametrically opposed archtypes in the house shiiiiit

Last edited:
Indica strains cause more analgesic sedation and Sativa strains cause more euphoria and anxiety in some people. you really gotta try a few different strains and find what's right for you. Darker coloured strains are typically indica dominant but that's not all that reliable.

There are hundreds of different strains and hybrids out there, you cant truly be sure what you're getting when you pick up from casual street dealers. Around here, strain names get thrown around by dealers left and right but none of them are actually true, thats why i cant make a recommendation. everything is called either Kush or Sour Diesel when in reality i know its some homegrown afghan strain and its different every time.

I would definitely recommend looking for a medical marijuana card and a dispensary. im currently in the process of doing it myself, and if it's serious chronic pain then im sure you would qualify. At a dispensary you can get recommendations, look at THC ratios, and more importantly the strain you choose will be reliable and consistent.

Last edited:
yeah street dealers won't offer much in terms of consistency, even good dealers who know their growers aren't able to order exactly what the customer wants. if you can get pure indica strains you should be happy but most commercial stuff is sativa/indica crossed. some of the most common commercial indicas I can think of are Northern Lights #5, G-13 (more common in US), M39 (more common in Canada), anything sold as "Kush" might pass. there are plenty of variations to those with a strong sativa presence but those are names that might pop if you mention them to your herb man.

they say indicas will put you in da couch, sativas make your head spin... or something like that.

personally I never really notice the difference. I smoke way too much so i'm probably somewhat numb to the effects.

Lets face it he's almost certainly not going to have any pure sats, nor is he likely to have sativa dominant hybrids, although it is not outside the realm of possibility for him to have the latter. Most dealers have hybrids that lean towards the indica side, since they flower faster, they're shorter so they need less headroom in a grow area and the bud is denser.

So just ask the guy to see what he has and visually inspect it. Choose what intuitively looks good and if claims to have any indicas, try it if it looks any good.

If you're genuinely looking for something to treat pain, get a med card and buy high CBD indica strains from a dispensary. Better yet grow a couple of plants - you can get seeds that grow plants high in CBD with decent THC levels (THC:CBD ratio is 1:1) from the CBD Crew. They test their plants used to develop the strains with independent laboratories that certify the levels of CBD and they accredit other breeders' strains by testing the plants independently, so they're market leaders in this area.

You're going to want a heavy Indica strain. Usually something with the words Kush or anything that sounds "comfy". Example . . . Trainwreck is not going to be an Indica strain LMFAO.

That being said, I agree with Artificial. Just LOOK at the bud. If it's short thick and stumpy, that's more likely an Indica dominant and that's the one you want.

My friends get irritated with me because I can tell exactly what I'm smoking and they try to pass off Sativas to me, and I can tell right away and then I bitch at them for it.

I like my hybrids and my indicas . . . but Sativas put me in a bad mood. :!