• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

14 years old and really want to try LSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would wait on this if your interested in trying it. lsd is powerful stuff and at your age the power of a strong psychedelic experience could easily leave you very confused by it all without having had any kind of insight from the experience or im not trying to scare you but if you start taking these things now at the age of 14, you could, like other people said become a burned out adult very easily

Because of your age I would say no because of the brain development thing. But you say you`re strong minded for your age and what not, but idk, I don`t feel comfortable saying that it`s "safe" or a good idea.

While having the sensible attitude to ask for advice, you seem to also be trying to score yourself some points of pride for your heavy use of DXM, being 'gifted', having a high maturity level etc etc...

To which I'll just go with the dear old saying of "curiosity killed the cat"

You sound like me at that age. And if you are you sound like you've already made up your mind. But I'm going to say don't do it anyway. I was considered a gifted student too. I tried shrooms at 15 and 2C-I at 16. Plus at your age you probably haven't seen enough of the drug scene to have a reliable connect and will probably be sold a research chem. Focus on chasing girls, playing sports, making friends, learning, staying healthy, working out, and if you want introspective experiences learn meditation techniques. I wish those were my priorities at your age. Since you are young you probably haven't yet developed the feeling that you need substances in order to have a good time but at your age experimenting with them will change your mindset pretty quickly.

You don't want to be known as the "crazy kid who does acid" in high school. If you experiment your peers will end up hearing about it and kids your age are vicious with rumors. Plus you don't really want to hang out with the "drug crowd" in high school. Not that everyone in that crowd won't be successful but you will probably find yourself in social circles that will get you into trouble. Just work on developing social, intellectual and leadership skills and do things that will benefit you long term. Join clubs/sports teams/volunteer/get a job/maybe even try to start a business venture (like selling T-shirts or something). Those are the things that will help you learn about yourself and develop skills. I know you are telling yourself that LSD will give you some valuable insights but it won't, unless what you learn is that you are not at the point in your life to be experimenting with psychedelics. And in all likelihood you're not going to just do it once, unless you have a terrifying experience. I'm not saying it has no therapeutic or introspective value but you don't need substances to learn about yourself at all, especially at your age.

You remind me of myself as well, gifted, determined to unlock my brain, dxm, etc. If you must trip I recommend sticking to shrooms like previously discussed, and I should add it will be much more rewarding to just wait a year or 3. You have your whole damn life ahead of you, and you can squeeze hundreds of trips into just a few years, so don't worry about tripping so young... The reason I say stick to shrooms to start was my first acid dose was at 16 and I just took two blotters, but it was one of the most intense trips out of the hundreds I've since had. I was literally rolling around on the ground frr hours afraid of a hat. Not to mention for weeks afterward I had insane floaters in my vision and some heavy post-trip anxiety. It was still fun, but any more and I could've really lost it. Point is you can't really tell how big your dose is with blotters, you could theoretically ruin your life in one night. God knows how bad that first acid trip could've been if I hadn't already had multiple shroom and salvia trips under my belt.

Oh and please don't do dxm. That's one of the most damaging drugs kids have access to. It will literally destroy your brain. You are definitely too young to do that one responsibly, you can always come back to it when you're an adult and can fully comprehend the consequences of that shit. Even then, it is bad news for most...

I feel like anyone who says they are mature and more intelligent than everyone else their age generally isn't, they are just up themselves and deluded

If you really are mature, then must realize a few things.

First, you will have all of your life to do whatever it is you wish with. Why do you have to rush into doing drugs so young? It makes much more sense to wait a few years, let your mind mature up to what it will be (because you must admit that at 14, you are have not finished growing up). Of course, scientific facts can support these allegations, they're very easy to find.

You most likely don't understand why people are so strongly advicing against this, but you will be glad if you wait a few years, fuck it, If I had a chance to decide again, I wouldn't have gotten into any drugs before I was 20 or so.
If you start doing drugs so young, You most likely will create your identity around it, and be very fucked at the age of 18, when your friends are doing things they should do at that age and you just can't relate to it at all, resulting to anxiety, more drugs, possible identity chrisis... the list goes on..

please wait.. just wait.. have you EVER heard a good story of someone in their 20's who had started taking heavy drugs at the age of 14 or so?

Coming from a younger member i believe i have valuable insight. I took my first trip at 16 only about 6 months ago and i dont regret it but i already wish that i had waited until now or later. The reason is my goals at my age change every month or so, so wait until you're a set person or role. This usually doesnt happen until 16-17 if you're like me. I'm sure i will change greatly in a year but i know what i want and i'm 98% sure that wont change. LSD was a way to motivate myself. I didnt really get the whole "find a path" vibe from my trip it was more an "appreciate what you have and what you can achieve" vibe.

How the fuck can people actually say "go on just go and trip balls" to a 14-year-old teenager? That's the stupidest and most irresponsible shit I've seen.

it is your life. you can do whatever you want.. the experiences will be yours to remember, the consequences will be yours to deal with, the joys will be yours to share..

just enjoy the process :)

It is tough to prepare for LSD. I was 14 preparing for the trip by reading the Anarchist Cookbook and the tips it gave for bad trips. That was in 1993-4. I was ans informed as possible for the time and I ended up tripping at 15. It was amazing at first, .but it slowly turned into a terrible event, and unfortunately, left with depersonalization. My mind was tormented for many years. To the day my mind is still altered from the one LSD trip I ever took.

I hope you wait. The adolescent mind is still developing. The chances of having a negative long lasting psychiatric event from LSD are very low, but I really hope that you take some of the advise that you have received in this thread.

You may have some conditions that aren't developed yet or haven't surfaced . Not to be weird or freak you out I'm just saying, I was 15 when I dropped cid and it surfaced my OCD like maddness. I didn't really know I had it. I had my first panic attack when I was 10, and I had strange things that I had to do every day..."rituals" , and turns out acid wasn't a great choice but you seem much more mature than I was. I was wreckless.
I have a friend who the doctors said his schizophrenia would have surfaced much later in his life, but because he did so much LSD so young, he needed treatment and had terrible symptoms much earlier. I don't wanna give you anxiety (that's the last thing you need if you try acid) but I would wait and see how you develop over the next few years before you do this AND TRUST YOUR SOURCE.

your brain still developing ,you cant think of how it will physically change the structure......maybe it wont,maybe it will,your risk

For what it's worth, most of my friends who have used psychotropic substances are generally fine, but I can definitely point out a few with evident problems (anxiety, anger, depression, OCD, ADD, and learning disability) that have shared with me their adolescent & preadolescent substance abuse. Why not wait?

You asked for advice, and there is an abundance of it. Keep in mind that exercising discipline now will serve you in more ways than just possibly avoiding interfering with healthy brain growth.

Since this thread was started in 2013, when the OP was 14, it would be interesting to know the outcome--was he swayed by the number of people telling him to wait? If not, how did it go and what are his thoughts now? I'd like to think he listened.

I'm 17, a teenage girl who lives in england. I've done cocaine, mdma, ketamine, speed and smoke weed alot. I am not addicted, I am cautious, curious, and relatively smart with drugs if you can get past the fact that I am using. I have a question about taking e and lsd together? I'm going to a rave this Saturday, it's a uv paint rave and is going to insane and packed with people. I was going to get a gram of mdma and go, but me and my mates where talking and started saying how amazing it would be to be tripping on acid in a setting full of glowing people. Then we did some research on candy flipping and read that it's meant to be sensational. We are going to do it, but are still not so sure what is the best way to go about it. I've never done lsd but my best friend who I will soley be with that night has a little experience with it. I'm fairly confident with mdma and love the experience. We are wondering in what order do we take what, what the experience is like and what it will be like at a huge uv paint rave. I probably sound stupid but I can't find anything hugely in depth about candy flipping, experiences would be appreciated?

Status
Not open for further replies.