• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

14 year old cousin, Homicidal or just teen angst? (aunt in denial) (part 2)

lalapanda

Bluelighter
So last year I posted this: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...omicidal-or-just-teen-angst-(aunt-in-denial)/
Okay, so I've been house sitting for my aunt for over a week.
My boyfriend found his journal and it's fill of stuff like "FAMILY DEAD" "if my brother comes in here, I will smash his fingers with this hammer" (And there really was a hammer on his desk) Not to mention, there was a lot of other questionable drawings, such as a bloody knife, gun, multiple hanging men (almost every other page), lots of sentences like "Kill, kill"
"I dream about murdering" "MURDER DAY". It was a composition note book and the only thing written on the day planner thing on the front cover thing was the murder day part.
I brought it up to my aunt cause I was legit concerned. She started saying that it's totally normal for boys to do that kind of thing and not to be worried cause she brought it up to his therapist and she informed her not to worry about it.
I feel like she's honestly in denial. I don't know what to say, nor what to do. I almost feel like calling CPS for a few reasons.
Their house so disgusting, I don't even have allergies usually and I have to get some otc medication for that.
It's not my aunts fault, her kids just don't pick up after themselves and they have like 4 animals (2 dogs, two cats) and of course the kids don't clean up after them and i don't feel like are even capable of taking care of themselves.

There's also a lot of ICP stuff, and I know that music isn't like to blame for shit but it definitely (ICP) cannot be helping a depressed child.

My aunt has another child (3 boys, the youngest has no mental problems yet)
The other one just turned 15 and he has her wrapped around his fucking finger. Like he breaks shit, talks about suicide and stuff but i think he's all talk vs the one I'm writing about whos almost 14 and keeps all this shit to himself.

WHAT should I do? I don't want my baby cousin to end up on the news as one of the next Columbine kids.
Should I just keep my mouth shut? Should I call DHS? (I actually HATE DHS with a bloody passion because they ruined my life going off of a false positive on a cheap drug test; due to wellburtin...after I had seizures and lost 20 pounds b/c of it and are using MY mental hospital visits against me when I was 12)

But seriously this is so alarming, I can't even handle it.
like what therapist would say this is OK?
Also, on top of all this when I was his age my aunt FLIPPPED out on me for writing some emo hollywood undead lyrics on a piece of paper but my cousins totally fine even though he talks about killing his family....
I could go on but this is already pretty long. Thanks to anyone who cares enough to read it.
Advice please?

I'd like to thank everyone for their replies. There's too many to reply to, but I definitely think getting CPS would probably be a good idea after reading all this.
Thanks for all the opinions, this is a really scary situation, and I totally forgot about that story where the kid killed his parents with a hammer. D:
I cannot believe how my aunt just turns a blind eye upon all of this. She actually ACCUSED me and my boyfriend after staying there for 2 weeks to house sit of making her house messy.... like what the fuck? She's like MAD at me, still for pointing out the journal. Asking my other cousin where the cut came from on his arm and why he feels like need to hurt himself. I wasted sooooo much money house sitting for her, and she was so fucking ungrateful. we picked up our messes. (Mostly clothes and beer bottles) We didn't even use her dishes, we bought plastic/paper stuff to eat on, but mostly ate out at restaurants anyway cause it was too fucking disgusting there.
But she tried to make us feel bad because her dishes were dirty?
I'm 21 by the way.

Can I really call CPS and be anonymous?
I was a suicidal, messy, cutter, teenager too. BUT the only difference was, I wanted to die. I didn't want to kill anyone. Especially my loved ones. Also, my room was messy but I didn't have any animals. Nor did I have a messy house.

I don't know if he kills small animals, however... I don't hang out with him often. plus i doubt he'd share that info with me.

Alright, so I never got involved and called DHS/CPS.
HOWEVER someone did. About their house being disgusting, teenagers staying there that werent hers, etc.
CPS said that (to her, not me so idk if this is true.) that they wanted to "check out her house, because they want to "help" her, get a new place or w/e if its that bad. I really don't believe that, I think my cousins are going to foster care.

There's an 11 y/o (N)
a 15 y/o (one the last post was about)
and a 16 y/o (just a bad kid in general, but I still love him even though he's annoying af)

Okay so my 15 year old cousin is tired of his older brother bringing friends over, tired enough to jump out of a moving car because he didn't want to be around him.
He keeps texting my aunt that it's "either J or him" "I'm not kidding, he'll be dead" "I have a knife with his name on it"
I'm legit scared, DHS is stepping in right now. (who knows what they'll do because M is very quiet and shy, funny and you wouldn't think for a SECOND that he's violent.) He punched my aunt the same day he jumped out of the car, he was staying with our grandparents for a day but they have a LOT of knifes and stuff, pretty sure my gpa has more weapons i'm unaware of.

My cousin is getting more verbal and aggressive with his threats, last year it was a journal. Nothing else.
Now? (conveniently at the time CPS comes in.) He's threatening to kill J, if/when he sees him. (J is also pretty violent, and is very willing to beat the fuck out of M as well...)
He punched his freaking mom! my sweet quiet cousin! I'm legitimately scared that ALL my cousins will be sent to a foster family. And that M will eventually start hurting, killing?? I'm honestly the most scared of a school shooting or something. I brought it up again to my aunt as she told me all this shit, and she just thinks CPS is going to help her get a nicer place to live because "sending them to foster care costs more" (this is another pile of steamy bullshit, imo)

AM I helpless in this situation? I feel like it.
SHOULD i have called cps last year when everyone recommended it?
I feel like shit, honestly. I love my cousins. CPS has been breaking apart my family since I was ten, so that's basically why I was hesitant to call. They've never done a god damn good thing for anyone in my family.

If I posted this in the wrong place, I'm sorry.
I just posted in the same place my last post was in. (I also made a new thread cause I wasn't sure if I should grave dig or not, so I decided not to.)
Anyone have any advice?

I also feel like mentioning, that
1) my aunt doesn't work so she's been on TANF/government assistant programs for years, because she has a lot of health problems (*cough*) She's found lots of ways to get around the fact that she "can't work" because of Migraines, asthma,arthritis, "so sick cant move", lazy in general basically.
2)M and J are both on SSI because they have ADHD/anger issues/ODD(?)/depression, who the fuck knows what else. (She's also trying to get on it herself.)

*names are shortened to the first letter of their names for safety reasons.

Hello fellow Portlandite. I'm sorry to here about this predicament

Sounds like a really shitty situation. In my opinion it seems to be an explosive situation just waiting to happen and speaking with the authorities a year ago would have been a good idea.
I hate to say this but CPS seems like a better idea since the children will at least get counseling and professional help.
This could drag on for years or blow up in a few days you just never truly know.

The reason you aren't getting many replies is that your post is rather long, try consolidating it into a few paragraphs.

I read it. It sounds like the situation is out of your hands at this point. My advice would be too sit back and see what the system does. In the meantime try to offer emotional support to the family as you see fit. This is not your fault at all so you have nothing to be ashamed of. I wouldn't call cps either. Foster care is a fucked up system.