• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

120mg codeine 50mg hydroxyzine safe? no tolerance

Memantine

Bluelighter
I have done 90mg codeine with 50mg hydroxyzine before and it put me in a sort of trance like state, but my heartrate and respiration wasn't significantly depressed. It felt like I could have a bit more.

Can I safely increase my dose to 120mg?

What type of codeine are we talking about, is it straight codeine, codeine/acetaminophen combination? I dont just like to tell people that they'll be fine increasing their dose, however this seems to be the case, if you were fine at 90mg and want to increase it to 120mg.

- Hopeless

if the combo you are already comfortable with put you in a "trance like state" perhaps you should slowly increase your doses instead of almost tripling the hydroxyzine.

the thing about respiratory depression is you may not know/realize how depressed your respiration actually is... no one here is going to say "yeah go for it bro", the safest thing you can do if you are intent on this course of action is to slowly increase your doses. try a little more of one or the other... not double up... you've got your whole life to get used to higher and higher doses.

based on my experience, hydroxyzine is quite safe even in ridiculously high dosages, but its effects also very subtle and not recreational. its a good potentiator, but i think you would get more of what you are after if you add a little more codeine instead of a lot more hydroxyzine.

^ He was talking about increasing the codeine, not the hydroxyzine.

- Hopeless..

Yes I was talking about 120mg codeine and 50mg hydroxyzine. What is the dosing range of codeine anyway? Something like 30-300mg?

It's not an outlandish dose but I want to chime in that taking as little as 30mg codeine more than I was used to when first using it even with antihistamines caused a histamine reaction where I could've scratched all my skin off and taking a cold shower while trying not to scratch waiting for the next dose of antihistamine to kick in was hellish.

Why bother taking the hydroxyzine theres no rec value to it at all unless you like feeling tired. Youd be better off with a benzo and the codeine

Well the thing with hydroxyzine is: It takes all the negative effects from opioids like itching and nausea. Further more it ads to the sedation.

Have you taken the 120mg dose yet? If so, did it work as well as you had hoped?

- Hopeless 7nos

No I took 90mg one more time to register any dangerous physical effect but I was rather dissapointed. It already felt less intense then the last time I took 90mg. I got tolerance already? I use it only onte time per week.