• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

12 years ago, I made a post here that changed my life for the better

moonyham

Bluelighter

I made this post when I was a teenager. I didn't say it in that thread but I could barely type that out. My life was surrounded in a thick fog and I could barely think strait. I was really desperate and thought I was dying but kept trying to tell myself it must be something more simple.

There was a comment made in that thread that suggested gluten intolerance. My life changed after that. The 2nd day I woke up feeling like I just did a line of Coke. Only felt better from then on.

However as of the last year or so I've been getting the same symptoms again, kind of. However I couldn't figure out a pattern.

Last week I went to hospital because I thought I was having a heart attack. Chest pains, incredibly waves of anxiety. They cleared me for any heart issues and I left confused.

Thing is, last week I ate a lot of gluten free mac n cheese with a gf pasta I don't normally use(Barilla) . It's 94.5% corn flour. Most gf pastas I eat would be most rice flour.

Anyway I've had insane levels of liquid turds like I've never had before(except maybe at my peak of gluten exposure when I made that thread).

They started to turn back to normal(ish) turds about 2 days ago. Well that night I happened to make another pasta dish with same brand and I'm back to heart pain and feeling terrible. My shit is now basically brown water. Intense bloating and pain in my gut. Anxiety and so on.

It's a relief and depressing at the same time. I finally figured out what is screwing with me but.. Turns out corn is even harder to avoid than gluten. Especially if you are gluten free as many substitutes use corn.

I'm considering going carnivore diet. But I'm open to suggestions. I honestly feel so utterly defeated by this. Food is a big part of my life and brings me so much joy, but with this corn allergy on top I just feel like tapping out of that reality and accepting food now is no longer about joy or flavor and it's just nutrients.

Has anyone got experience with this? Any advice? Anyone got any diet alternatives?

Cocaine is a particularly cardiotoxic compound, even more so than other common stimulants such as methamphetamine. If you are still doing the cocaine, it's having a bigger effect on your cardiovascular system than any diet ever could! My apologies if you have quit the cocaine and are just asking for diet advice, more opinions are soon to come.

You don’t need to go carnivore but you do need to push out these pasta dishes. Corn is one of the most GMO things you can eat too. While the name sounds like a fad diet, I can’t say enough good things about Whole30. Pretty much a whole food diet for 30 days to help retrain your eating habits. The process then involves slowly adding foods back in and watching how you react to determine if they are worth having.

-GC

Cocaine is a particularly cardiotoxic compound, even more so than other common stimulants such as methamphetamine. If you are still doing the cocaine, it's having a bigger effect on your cardiovascular system than any diet ever could! My apologies if you have quit the cocaine and are just asking for diet advice, more opinions are soon to come.

I was simply saying I felt so incredibly good that it felt like I was on coke. I can count how many times I've done coke on one hand lol.. That's not a problem in my life.

You don’t need to go carnivore but you do need to push out these pasta dishes. Corn is one of the most GMO things you can eat too. While the name sounds like a fad diet, I can’t say enough good things about Whole30. Pretty much a whole food diet for 30 days to help retrain your eating habits. The process then involves slowly adding foods back in and watching how you react to determine if they are worth having.

-GC

Thanks for this. I've heard of the whole30 thing recently. You mentioning it again is making me think it's probably my best bet.

Im definitely removing any and all processes starches/carbs for the time being. Pasta already packed to go in donation bin.

I was simply saying I felt so incredibly good that it felt like I was on coke. I can count how many times I've done coke on one hand lol.. That's not a problem in my life.

Thanks for this. I've heard of the whole30 thing recently. You mentioning it again is making me think it's probably my best bet.

Im definitely removing any and all processes starches/carbs for the time being. Pasta already packed to go in donation bin.
You had mentioned cocaine and chest pains, wasn't sure if use was prolonged, my apologies. Good luck with the diet my friend.