12 Of The Sketchiest Things The DEA Has Done While Waging The War On Drugs

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
12 Of The Sketchiest Things The DEA Has Done While Waging The War On Drugs
Nick Wing
10/23/2014

This is part one of a two-part series.

The Drug Enforcement Administration was established under the Justice Department in 1973 by President Richard Nixon. Its mission was to keep the nation off and away from drugs, which, at least according to the White House, were a moral evil and catalyst of criminal behavior. The agency was formed just two years after Nixon launched what became known as the "war on drugs." Congress and the rest of the nation remained convinced that the scourge of narcotics and drug abusers -- and perhaps particularly those who were young, poor or black -- was pounding at the gates. Over the next four decades, with most drug policy now firmly in the grips of law enforcement officials, the DEA's annual budget saw a fortyfold increase, going from a paltry $75 million to nearly $3 billion in 2014.

With more than 11,000 employees and a host of responsibilities, the agency's activity has expanded worldwide, all the while attracting scrutiny from critics of the drug war who contend that the DEA is an ineffective agency that uses controversial tools to enforce often misguided or unjust federal drug laws.

The catalog of controversies below helps explain why the public has often questioned the DEA's priorities, as well as the methods it employs to advance them. While the DEA does its best to keep many of its dealings out of the public eye -- it regularly claims secrecy is imperative to the success of its anti-drug operations -- here are some of the most sketchy, messed up things that we know it has done:

The DEA claimed Prohibition was a success.

continued here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/23/dea-controversies_n_5992324.html

..........................................................................................................................................

Now, if only the government could actually pull its head out of its ass, it'd realize the DEA is a money pit that does more harm then good.

All of the incidents cited in that article, are just the ones we can prove & know about. How much shit goes terribly wrong and never sees the light of day? How many fucking innocent people have DIED, because they fucked up? How many innocent people have been locked in a fucking cell, because THEY made a mistake? How many times has someone been locked up for days with no food or water like that kid in CA?

All of their "laws" are bogus. & with them stepping into the medical field, they're doing MORE damage to already handicapped people. Oh, you've got excruciating pain? Sorry guy, the DEA said I can only give you #3 5MG Vicodin a day. Hope it helps!

Get rid of the DEA, let doctors be doctors, and legalize & regulate all of the drugs. It'll significantly cut down on crime, arrests, and the black market that fuels all of the above. Oh, and not only that... But we'd have a better chance at climbing out of that $37 trillion dollar deficit we have. Imagine what we could do for the people if that $3 BILLION dollars went towards helping the citizens of this once great country, instead of trying to imprison everyone for the most benign bullshit out there.

End the "war on drugs," aka the "war on the citizens who pay our salaries." I bet we'd get a hell of a lot further with everything.

----

*God damn. I'm on my cell phone and typed all this shit out. Can you tell the government pisses me off?

Love my country... Fear my government...