• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

12 GPD

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Is this considered a high dose of kratom? Is there any severe side effects from this dose? I have no known underlying conditions. I’m trying to replace my coffee intake with this and it’s one of the only things that helps me not use pharm opiates. I know doses are subject to increase, that and frequency but so far I’m pretty good at recognizing it and nipping in the bud although I’ve had some struggles. But I like the mental boost, better mood and sometimes sedation it brings me. Along with Mary this is what I’ve used to abstain from opiates as I know I’m not considered sober or clean. But I don’t really drink and I’ve found this is the best thing I can come up with to manage until I can see a psychiatrist again and talk with them about issues that I have been dealing with. So my total questions is it safe? Will I do any lasting damage at this dose? How long of a tolerance break would I need to resume good feelings once it has been depleted? And lastly is there a substantial cross-tolerance with oxycodone, IE: can someone compare my dosage (6G every 6 hours to the equivalence of oxycodone ?

This is a moderate dose. You will experience withdrawals from prolonged use of this dose and eventually it will stop working altogether. The only long term side effects i've noticed is severe mental blunting, depression, and intense anxiety, which is pretty disconcerting.

I've been taking dosing from 20-40grams a day for a couple years to get these side effects. I obviously wouldn't recommend kratom. If you have to use then stick to occasional use as a pain reliever, social lubricant, etc.

Last edited:
This is a moderate dose. You will experience withdrawals from prolonged use of this dose and eventually it will stop working altogether. The only long term side effects i've noticed is severe mental blunting, depression, and intense anxiety, which is pretty disconcerting.

I've been taking dosing from 20-40grams a day for a couple years to get these side effects. I obviously wouldn't recommend kratom. If you have to use the stick to occasional use as a pain reliever, social lubricant, etc.
Yeah I’ve been skipping days with no other issues other then I don’t have much energy. Although I attribute that to increased marijuana intake. I prefer not to use opiates but given the fact that, without kratom.. I’ll most likely just seek out oxycodone it’s a fix that I’ve talked with my doctor about using although he don’t know the actual reason I do come to a point about telling him it keeps me from resorting to bad habits. Sadly it’s stopped working so I may have to take a break regardless cause I’ve noticed my usual small doses do not work anymore. Hopefully these cannaoil I’m pre making and saving Up with will last me enough to toss the kratom for good or at least give me long enough to flush my system for a few days. I don’t drink any other liquids other then water and occasionally juice but I feel my liver does need a little break regardless. Thank you for your time and answering my post. How do you avoid lethargy from kratom at those dosages?

To be honest kratom has almost no perceptible effect on me at this point. If I take a large enough dose i'll start to feel a little drowsy but other than that it's almost unnoticeable.

If kratom keeps you away from other opiates that's great but don't see it as a long term solution. Get rid of it as soon as you can because it's not any better than other opiates.

To be honest kratom has almost no perceptible effect on me at this point. If I take a large enough dose i'll start to feel a little drowsy but other than that it's almost unnoticeable.

If kratom keeps you away from other opiates that's great but don't see it as a long term solution. Get rid of it as soon as you can because it's not any better than other opiates.
Thank you and I’m going to try my best!

12 is kinda middle ground. I used to take low doses and my max was 5 gpd. A lotta people take closer to 25 or 30 grams a day tho.

I feel like if the kratom is good you shouldn't need 30 grams in a day but what do I know.

I'm happy to have quit lol.

12 is kinda middle ground. I used to take low doses and my max was 5 gpd. A lotta people take closer to 25 or 30 grams a day tho.

I feel like if the kratom is good you shouldn't need 30 grams in a day but what do I know.

I'm happy to have quit lol.
Yeah I’m probably going to cut it out soon I’ve got enough good weed I could get high enough not to remember to take it

Yeah I’m probably going to cut it out soon I’ve got enough good weed I could get high enough not to remember to take it
Probably a good idea bro. I missed having actual emotions. Opiods including kratom seem to blunt the fuck out of that. I found LSD and MDMA to help a lot with the post acute withdrawls from coming off of oxy vicodin and kratom. It's almost like you forget how to be a non opiated person. You miss that robotic calm. It can be hard to adjust back to living life unsheathed.

Coming off of opiods and doing a lot of more serotonergic psychedelics the drug that reminds me most of kratom is psilocybin mushrooms weirdly. Only it's kinda superior in every way and doesn't cause physical dependence. Really mellow in the evenings at like 1-2 grams of golden teacher cubensis.

Not to scare you but when I was trying to get off traditional opiates (oxy/hydros) I started at about maybe 4-8GPD and over the course of 2.5 years ended up at 90GPD. My issue was I wasn't trying to get off opiates, just replace them. I'm at 28GPD now and on my way to 0. I never noticed any major Ill effects except nausea/vomiting and hair loss (not sure if the hair loss is from kratom though). For me personally there was definitely a cross tolerance. During the peak of my kratom habit sometimes I would take my normal dose of perc's instead kratom and it had VERY little effect, might as well have just flushed 30mg of oxy down the drain.

Not to scare you but when I was trying to get off traditional opiates (oxy/hydros) I started at about maybe 4-8GPD and over the course of 2.5 years ended up at 90GPD. My issue was I wasn't trying to get off opiates, just replace them. I'm at 28GPD now and on my way to 0. I never noticed any major Ill effects except nausea/vomiting and hair loss (not sure if the hair loss is from kratom though). For me personally there was definitely a cross tolerance. During the peak of my kratom habit sometimes I would take my normal dose of perc's instead kratom and it had VERY little effect, might as well have just flushed 30mg of oxy down the drain.
How much to you, was the equivalent of say a 10mg oxy, I know it’s not the same thing at all and varies in effect I was just wondering if you had to compare apples to oranges

How much to you, was the equivalent of say a 10mg oxy, I know it’s not the same thing at all and varies in effect I was just wondering if you had to compare apples to oranges
Without a developed cross tolerance 10mg oxy = about 10-15g of kratom, at least for me personally. Though I'm not 100% sure to be honest. Just to elaborate a little when I say the 30mg of oxy had little effect I mean like very minimal. I would compare it to taking 50-75mg of diphenhydramine in effect and strength. Virtually no euphoria and made me a bit tired/relaxed. Pretty sure the kratom changed my brain chemistry or something. Also just something to remember, kratom is an opiate with a roof, as in you can only get so high of off it. Taking anymore than that just adds to the PNS effects (mostly nausea and jitters for me)

Last edited: